Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 12:15:27 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Which championships would you like to run in?  (Voting closed: March 09, 2007, 10:57:49 AM +0000)
GT1 Sprint - 9 (11.4%)
GT2 only Sprint - 4 (5.1%)
GT2/GTC Sprint - 17 (21.5%)
GTC only Sprint - 1 (1.3%)
GTC/G3 Sprint - 2 (2.5%)
G3 only Sprint - 2 (2.5%)
Endurance (80 minute) - 32 (40.5%)
Super Endurance (2 hour) - 12 (15.2%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 5 championship poll  (Read 6872 times)
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2007, 06:19:01 PM +0000 »

I can see where Simon is coming from on this. Yes, it might be more lonely at the end with no lapping of other classes, but on the other hand you may well have a much higher number of drivers of your ability competing in the race (and obviously in your class) which may mean that you are still battling for position. I really enjoyed the endurance races, but the main motivation was racing the other cars in your class, not enjoying the lapping process.

jan duijs

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2007, 09:58:13 AM +0000 »

GT2 -Sprint and Super Endurance (single class,weight penalties for leaders,changeable weather,no extra stop of 5 minutes)
I think Super endurance brings many extras to the game:
- tyre choice/preservation
-engine preservation
-pit stop strategy
-judging weather (dry line change, at the right moment to the optimum tyres ),nice to experience the so much mentioned dry line change one of the new features in GTR2 (which i never experienced yet Angry)
To cut it short a lot more strategy and less hotlapping,good for the dark horses who get it right ,bad for the alien who misjudges Grin

Jan
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 10:23:48 AM +0000 by jan duijs » Logged
drumbstick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 12:15:27 PM +0000 »

As I now have a graphics cars that will allow me to run at night and in the rain I am planning to run at least one if not both of the Endurance championships so I will chip in with my two pence worth.

I think Multi class racing adds so much to the experience and immersion of GTR2 it should stay, and battling for a podium is much more intresting than a top 10 so the two groups seem to work very well.

I am sure this has been covered somewhere else but what are the reasons for the rest stop, it makes me hesitate about taking part if I can pop off for a drink in the middle.

What are the plans regarding wether for Season 5. I love the idea of real wether for the 80 min endurance but what about the other series.

Hmm guess this turned into more of a list of questions than my opinions sorry.

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2007, 01:20:52 PM +0000 »

I would like a go in the enduro races in the mighty Vertigo, if theres room.

Jure
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2007, 03:23:55 PM +0000 »

I am sure this has been covered somewhere else but what are the reasons for the rest stop, it makes me hesitate about taking part if I can pop off for a drink in the middle.

Dude, I have 3 kidneys, no joke.

Now do the math. Wink

Christian Szell: Oh, don't worry. I'm not going into that cavity. That nerve's already dying. A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive. So I'll just drill into a healthy tooth until I reach the pulp. That is unless, of course, you can tell me that it's safe.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2007, 03:26:45 PM +0000 »

Well, bearing in mind that in real life there would be a driver swap, it's not unreasonable to allow drivers to take a short break, get a drink, get rid of a drink, etc. Not to mention taking their eyes off the screen for a few minutes - something which isn't such a problem in real life.

What are the plans regarding wether for Season 5. I love the idea of real wether for the 80 min endurance but what about the other series.

Depends entirely on how successful the upcoming tests are.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Reign Man

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2007, 03:47:45 PM +0000 »

I've voted endurance and super endurance.

IRacing ID = Adam Kell
drumbstick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2007, 03:54:25 PM +0000 »

Well, bearing in mind that in real life there would be a driver swap, it's not unreasonable to allow drivers to take a short break, get a drink, get rid of a drink, etc. Not to mention taking their eyes off the screen for a few minutes - something which isn't such a problem in real life.

The thing that GTR has over RF for me is the immersion factor with the dirt buildup, multi class racing and of course live track. Endurance drivers would not think twice about doing a 2 hour race in one stint, and stopping and popping to the loo would just kill the immersion for me.

I do however understand that you have to do what the masses want and I am not saying it would stop me racing although it might just making a point.

Oh and we cannot all sit on the Sofa when we race  Tongue

Oliver Bateson

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2007, 08:32:10 PM +0000 »

Hi. Endurance and Super Endurance for me in that order.
Cheers Dave
lincescom

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 01:53:43 PM +0000 »

Smiley Hi,

Endurance and super Endurance  Wink

Cheers
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 03:02:40 PM +0000 »

Stop that! It's no use posting your choices now the poll has closed - I'm not going through and adding them up by hand! Tongue

Jure
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2007, 05:11:55 PM +0000 »

see? super endurance races are the way to go.

if you build it, they will come  Grin

Christian Szell: Oh, don't worry. I'm not going into that cavity. That nerve's already dying. A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive. So I'll just drill into a healthy tooth until I reach the pulp. That is unless, of course, you can tell me that it's safe.
cej

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2007, 05:20:36 PM +0000 »

Cool
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2007, 09:49:08 AM +0000 »

Well, clearly some more polls are needed. I'm at a loss to explain why everyone wants to do Endurance above Sprints and yet we can fill the Sprint grids all the way through the season when Endurance grids start to shrink after just a few races. Huh

We clearly don't have enough support for a full Super Endurance series but there is sufficient interest to incorporate 2 or 3 longer events within a 'normal' Endurance championship as a compromise solution.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2007, 09:56:29 AM +0000 »

Based on the poll I think we will have one GT2/GTC Sprint Cup, one GT Sprint Cup, and two Endurance championships. Each driver will be able to register for full time places in one Endurance and one Sprint, or two Sprints. The nature of the Endurance championships will be the subject of another poll to be posted shortly.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com