The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 01:38:28 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Indy car from VRC modding  (Read 312 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2021, 04:03:55 PM +0000 »

VRC's version of the 2018 Indy car is available for free dowload until 1st January.

https://vrc-modding-team.net/show/21

Don't click the Buy button, just click on "Download for Assetto Corsa", no registrations or email addresses required.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
MaxVeloce
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 04:47:20 PM +0000 »

thanks for the headsup, will take it for a spin  Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 10:45:16 AM +0000 »

Thanks GT, downloading now Smiley

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 07:41:08 PM +0000 »

Been having some fun with these.

The mod consists of a single car based on the 2018 Indycar series but includes 3 levels of trim for oval, short oval and road race specs. Quality is great as you'd expect from VRC with excellent graphics/visuals and convincing physics although the default setup for the oval spec cars is symmetrical so we have to sort that out ourselves.

Performance and feel is pretty amazing, very quick but with a much softer edge than modern F1 cars and the ffb gives plenty of info. Easier to race wheel to wheel than many formula cars too. Fuel capacity is same as real life giving around 20 minute stints on full tank and tyre wear with both compounds also seems accurate.

The short oval and road race spec cars have push to pass which can be used anywhere on track as in the real cars. However, in RL drivers have 200 seconds total of P2P to use throughout a race in as many bursts as they please whereas this mod only allows 10 bursts which seem to last for around 20 seconds each, which is a bit naff really.

Well worth the effort of downloading  Smiley

Edit: just realised the download contains an optional base setup for ovals, so well done for that.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 07:45:22 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 10:43:22 PM +0000 »

Got to admit the Indy car is pretty nice - but you deserve a good  hang for not mentioning they had made some TA2's!

After stumbling over some races with them last summer they've become my new favourite series!
After a few laps in the Chevy and Ford VRC have released so far I can say they seem to have nailed them.

Well worth a punt for anyone who likes real hairy cars - ~500Bhp V8, 4 speed H-pattern, space frame, balloon X-Ply tires, no driving aids, very little down force.
Epic racing in real life and a hoot in AC once you get the hang of them angel
I spent over an hour throwing them around Eastern creek (I'd been watching them there supporting the Ozy V8's so it made sense to go there for a comparison)

https://vrc-modding-team.net/show/package/3
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 12:23:01 PM +0000 »

I bought the TA2 cars this week and yes they're superb  Cool Didn't even realise TransAm was still running but having watched a couple of races on youtoob it seems they're very much alive.

Doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for these payed mods which is a shame because they are without doubt a big step up in quality from most of the original AC content.

On the subject of TA, I've also been revisiting Bazza's 60s/70s TA mod which is also very good imo. It has the same squirmy kind of feeling under braking on the big fat tyres and is a very satisfying drive.

https://www.f1classic.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=33

MaxVeloce
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 03:09:07 PM +0000 »

I tried those indycar, they feel pretty good but honestly seem to have a bit too much grip, at least based on my expectation having watched it on Tv Shocked   That said, they could make a very interesting american track race series  Smiley

Some one could *cough* invite me to test the TA, if its good I'll buy them  Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com