The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 01:40:55 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A17 GT86 @ Tocancipa: December 01, 2021
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 - Tocancipa - Dec 1  (Read 419 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2021, 12:04:38 PM +0000 »

see above (released 24hrs before the race)

Fun event - Tocancipa

Some of the best real-world racing I've been watching recently has involved near stock GT86's being thrashed around like crazy in Australia - so given that cars like the Mk4 MX5 give excellent single make racing I thought it would be interesting to try the GT86 at a small club level circuit.
A series with them wearing some proper racing liveries could be very good fun.

Practice  : 19:30 (45 mins)
Qualifying: 20:15 (15 Mins)
Race      :  20:30 (22 laps)

Cars allowed:
Toyota GT86
(Kunos stock)

Track:  Autódromo de Tocancipá

Live Timing: stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Time of Day Setting: 14:30
Weather: Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Not required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=98
RANDOMNESS=2
LAP_GAIN=0.143
SESSION_TRANSFER=80

Damage: 80%

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1) Please make sure you are fully aware of the UKGTR Rules
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 10:40:28 PM +0000 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
MaxVeloce
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 06:17:22 PM +0000 »

I've no idea about the circuit but GT86 can be fun  Smiley
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 07:48:47 PM +0000 »

Is the server up? I don't see it in the list.
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 08:17:07 PM +0000 »

I tried it offline, and just about the only good thing about this car is those three large mirrors. For once I should have a better feel about my surroundings in vr.
MaxVeloce
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 06:39:19 PM +0000 »

sorry I'm going to have to skip this one...

have fun guys
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 09:20:36 PM +0000 »

Don't know what happened to the server there - It seemed to have stop counting at about lap 12 for some reason.
The client was still up when I remoted in but clearly none of us were talking to it any more....

Well, in that case we all won - I had some great battles with both Watty (Who tried fobbing me off with an 'I'm slow' excuse last week Roll Eyes ) and also Stefan.
Sadly Bob and Syd dropped back after a pretty quick start.

There aren't any results to upload aside from the qually ones. So nothing above I'm afraid.
watty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 09:46:44 PM +0000 »

That was great fun thanks guys
Thanks for set ups Tim , otherwise I would have been as slow as last week!
Anyway , I was slow, you didnt qualify and drove through pits twice, and still could have won!
Sorry, was trying to chat at end but it wasnt working
I used to race GTL online with some great blokes like Geoffers but either they all got too fast or I got too slow
Also since I got VR, I cant go back to that old fashioned flat screen stuff!

Tim , when you were messing about and showing me the lines whilst drifting! It reminded me of a great GTL race we had years ago,
I was in second in a cortina miles behind Pero Grozni in a Falcon. He was a drifter in real life and mostly won our races.
He decided to turn his race into a drift session, by the time I caught him he had destroyed his rear tyres, but his car was so big and so sideways I coudnt get past before finish!
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 10:20:56 PM +0000 »

I thought I lost the connection to the server and I slowed down for a few corners, thinking of quitting. But then I saw you guys still on the track and decided to continue. Before that I could still see Stefan, but I was a few tenths a lap slower and I was slowly loosing contact with you even before that.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2021, 08:27:10 AM +0000 »

It was a blast in these street cars haha. Didn't have a proper setup and my tires where slightly over pressured, but still enjoyable to race. Welcome to this part of the sim universe Watty. Indeed, VR is a really cool feature for sim racing isn't it. What kind of VR equipment do you have then?

Ohh, and loved the track layout. Good for some tin top racing in future too.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2021, 08:36:09 AM +0000 »

Was in close racing with Sid when he shot off track through the barrier on turn one, didn't know if I had lost connection because the "lost connection" Warning came up but then I saw cars moving a few corners in front. Carried on but saw nothing else, pulled onto grass and left. I'm sure it was nothing to do with my internet, my ping was 16 at the time, could it be a bug with the track. All the same good fun.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2021, 09:11:02 AM +0000 »

Ohh, and loved the track layout. Good for some tin top racing in future too.

That hits on why I picked this combo - this is a really well made and designed track, but is a little small for anything much faster than say a Formula Ford or the Formula Easter cars.
Tin tops on the other hand are perfect for it as all those varying radius corners create passing opportunities pretty much all the way around the track.
I also loved that fast left hander - after my 2nd drive through everyone seemed to have got the hang of it and I would often be following a small group of cars who were all drifting through there right out to the curbing Cool
It's a shame that as usual no-one turned out for 'slow' cars as more cars here would have been even more fantastic fun!
I might look into making some paint templates for these so that if we do run a series (Last night proved they give good racing) we can actually have race cars to sit in!

We'll have to do another test here during the next fun season to check if the server problem is track related or not - I had serious trouble simply remoting on to the server to start the race so it might actually have nothing to do with the track.

Feldberg is a known good/stable circuit so as we're there next week we'll find out I guess.

Bob - we all had the 'Server has lost connection' message in the latter part of the race so it was definitely not you Smiley
watty

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2021, 06:25:57 PM +0000 »

Hi Stefan, using oculus rift s but want to upgrade to HP Reverb g2 v2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com