The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 07:28:34 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Automobilista 2  (Read 539 times)
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2021, 09:33:11 AM +0000 »

Anyone here has AMS2 already and can give an opinion about it? The latest V1.3 version is suppost to be very good, so I downloaded the new demo. I must say it looks very lovely in VR as I can hardly notice the screendoor effect with my CV1 Rift. The demo car is rather slow and boring, but feels realistic to me. I wonder if the rest is the same, this title might be worth buying as it is in Steam sale atm.
Just that it has no real multiplayer base, so that means it won't get much running time for me anyway.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 10:41:16 AM +0000 »

I downloaded the demo over the weekend and it seemed to run well on my less than state of the art machinery  Smiley Same thoughts as Stefan really, seems to drive ok, ffb was ok and visuals pretty impressive on high settings. Only problem I had was when I watched a replay I was sitting in a skeleton car with no body panels, so probably my machinery is not quite up to it  Roll Eyes

Although the base game seems a decent deal on sale, it does seem like a bit of a money pit once you consider add ons and season passes etc. Haven't seen the full car list but I'm happy with what's available in AC at the moment  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 12:58:36 PM +0000 »

AMS2 has completely replaced R3E (and most other sims) for me.
Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 04:29:39 PM +0000 »

Yes, very nice, with a great choice of cars, some of them interesting but like Pcars2, impossible to line up a complete and varied grid... Sad
What's the point of all these cars if it's to have races with the same or just 2 or 3 different ones.
And of course, no more mods possible... Undecided
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 05:58:06 PM +0000 »

AMS2 has completely replaced R3E (and most other sims) for me.

Wondered where you had disappeared to Toni.  Huh
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 02:25:04 PM +0000 »

I bought the game yesterday. I am thinking of live streaming it tonight. Smiley Will report more about it after that.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 02:35:08 PM +0000 »

Does it have a career mode and is it any good?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 08:36:15 AM +0000 »

Does it have a career mode and is it any good?
Well, you already have a career here with us Tony! Not enough?

Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 09:37:22 AM +0000 »

I bought the game yesterday. I am thinking of live streaming it tonight. Smiley Will report more about it after that.

Stuck with the content...very quickly limited if you don't like it...1 or 2 cars per class in historic...ridiculous!
it can be as beautiful as you want it to be, it will always be a problem at some point and people have to follow...
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2022, 09:23:45 PM +0100 »

This is available on steam at 50% off at moment  Shocked
Am tempted but never tried it before.  Undecided Heard the Porsche’s are great in it abs supposed to have very good physics and gfx

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2022, 08:16:51 AM +0100 »

Another 50% discount this week on AMS2. Anyone who has this game wants to share his opinion? Is it worth spending time and money on?

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2022, 11:23:16 AM +0100 »

I downloaded the demo a couple of months ago after their big update and wasn't impressed. I spent some time trying to dial in a decent feel but things never got beyond ok and certainly not up to AC or rF2 levels. FWD VW demo road car probably didn't help  Roll Eyes

I've looked at AMS2 but although there appears to be a lot of content, much of it seems to be non specific models "Formula Classic", "Formula Retro" which include only occasional named models amongst them. Also lots of karts and obscure Brazilian/US series which I'd never bother with. Even modern sports/GT content seems a bit dated and thin on the ground and there are even fewer classic TC, GT and sports cars. Choose your mods carefully in AC and there is a far greater choice of quality content available.

Automobilista 2 + 2020-2022 Season Pass is currently 55% off at £51.73 GBP which isn't going to tempt me.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2022, 03:24:54 PM +0000 »

Automobilista 2 + 2020-2022 Season Pass is currently 54% off at £52.63 GBP in the Steam Christmas sale and I'm tempted to treat myself as a Christmas pressie to me.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2023, 01:11:42 PM +0100 »

AC replacer for historic racing? Looks pretty tasty in its latest iteration, so much more content.

https://youtu.be/SEGEOPEM1mg

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2023, 03:33:01 PM +0100 »

It's a great sim IMO. It just lacks a good career option. But you can get the clunky "Racing Life" 3rd party add on.

The Fiat Uno races are great fun.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com