by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 07:10:03 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L22ERRC Brno: February 02, 2022
February 02, 2022, 08:41:58 PM +0000 - Brno (1949-64) - UKGTL Season 22 1957 European Road Racing Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#17) GTC-65 1 4:56.201
105.159mph
1 50:21.410
103.092mph
10 4:57.279
104.778mph
Pirelli  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR1 (#16) GTC-65 2 +5.953
103.087mph
2 +58.166
101.145mph
10 5:05.285
102.030mph
Dunlop  
Daz9

Mercedes 300SL (#0) GTC-65 3 +7.256
102.645mph
3 +1:35.647
99.928mph
10 5:03.852
102.511mph
Continental  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Mercedes 300SL (#0) GTC-65 8 +21.965
97.899mph
4 +2:56.280
97.409mph
10 5:11.415
100.022mph
Continental  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#20) GTC-65 6 +15.147
100.043mph
5 +1L 9 5:14.305
99.102mph
retired
Pirelli  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ferrari 250 TR (#22) GTC-65 5 +13.914
100.441mph
6 +6L 4 5:06.467
101.637mph
accident
Pirelli  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#124) GTC-65 4 +8.831
102.115mph
7 +7L 3 5:07.972
101.140mph
suspension
Pirelli  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Ferrari 250 TR (#102) GTC-65 7 +18.659
98.927mph
8 +9L 1 5:26.453
95.414mph
unknown
Pirelli  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 22 1957 European Road Racing Cup - Brno - Feb 2  (Read 709 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2021, 11:17:22 AM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download pack available by pm to WT

Track: Brno

Car restrictions: Four drives maximum per make. Check your car allowance here

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins) Drivers must not leave qualifying to change car make.
Race 1: 20:40 (10 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops required: No

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: No start lights or flagman so make sure you have the countdown timer switched on.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

MichaW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 05:14:18 PM +0000 »

hiho,

can't join to the server, always get the message: car not on the server  Huh

Glück auf!
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 05:42:31 PM +0000 »

All fine here with the Ferrari. Maybe you could try with different skin.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 05:59:12 PM +0000 »

All fine here with the Ferrari. Maybe you could try with different skin.
He needs the download pack which I have just linked him to.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 09:41:49 PM +0000 »

Am I the only one that finished the race? The game gave me 8th position, but all were vanished at the end of first lap. At the end I saw that all were freezed after I passed the S/F line of first lap  Huh

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2022, 09:43:40 PM +0000 »

Am I the only one that finished the race? The game gave me 8th position, but all were vanished at the end of first lap. At the end I saw that all were freezed after I passed the S/F line of first lap  Huh
I think you had a disco  no

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2022, 09:51:52 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 09:58:36 PM +0000 »

The qualy lap was something special, even with race fuel. I really wanted to finish the race without a big mistake but after slowing down 1 cm later for one of the fast left corners I hit the street lamp. I was very scared after hearing Dan losing his two wheels 1 lap earlier. Fortunately I was lucky there and able to continue.

Grats Erling and Daz, all finishers and sympathies to Fulvio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSSfrkLaWh0

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 10:02:48 PM +0000 »

Crap, I made 10 laps without crashing and I got a stop and go when I put two tires on pit lane sliding at the end of eighth lap  Cry
No chance to put me on standing? I saved my replay and results if they are useful.  I Am Not Worthy

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2022, 10:21:33 PM +0000 »

Looks like it in the replay - your car suddenly vanishes nearing the end of a lap.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2022, 02:50:47 PM +0000 »

A surprising race yesterday.  From previous seasons & series, I've come to perceive the Ferrari 250 TR as a sweet handling & sounding, but somewhat underpowered car.  This to a point where I didn't even test it for this race, as I was convinced it couldn't possibly be competitive down those long straights. DD's fantasy laps excluded, as he's really in a class entirely of his own, to say I was surprised to find myself not only out-accelerated, but also outdragged by the 'normal' 250s down the straights, would be an understatement!

Shortly after the start, Dan streaked past, and on the 2nd long straight, Clive fancied a go as well. He lost momentum when putting wheels on grass, allowing me to reclaim the position.  Quite a race with Dan then ensued. We swapped positions repeatedly. Couldn't quite make up my mind whether we were having a whale of a time, or whether he was a royal pain in the ...  Cheesy  Time and again, he would pass on the straights, only to hold me up at the next braking zone & curve. Things were really upside down, as I had expected the Aston to have the edge on the straights, and the Ferrari under braking & cornering, but the opposite seemed true.

All this gave stealthy Daz ample opportunity to sneak op real close and personal. At one point it seemed he was lining up an attack at the uphill, fast approach to one of the village areas. Madness I thought, and wisely he backed out of it, but apparently got the line through the right-hand kink wrong, as suddenly his car was somersaulting in my mirror.  1 or 2 laps later, while a couple of secs ahead, Dan took himself out on the same pole, and I believe it also claimed Matt shortly after - quite a tally!

With Dan's regrettable exit, my race turned lonely, and became mainly a survival question, while trying to keep the steam up.

Grats to DD for an untouchable win, and to Daz for 3rd, despite the accident.  Commiserations to all the pole's and other victims
seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2022, 03:23:06 PM +0000 »

Brno, a five lap festival which sadly abruptly came to a halt when I hit one of the streetlamps in one of villages. Car wouldn't move another inch without it's two front wheels killed in action. I stayed at the doomed spot for another lap as a beacon for my fellow competitors lest the would also be too opimistic about their driving skills at that particular spot. Appreciated the flashing lights and Hi's when passing my lame vehicle. For a moment I considered putting up a sign with "driver ok lads" .
Really enjoyed this race, the base setup must be pretty ok-ish as my only changes were one click shorter gears. I think best speed goes to the Fez, best handling to the Merc and the Aston has merits in both fields. Best speed certainly helped me at the start as I managed to squeeze in behind Dimi and just before Erling who would have liked to see things the other way around as he emphatically tried to make clear over the next four laps. On each straight the Fez managed to get a handsome lead but came the corners and there was the pair again (Erling/Daz, that is) No way I could get rid of them until somewhere in lap four  Erling decided to back off a little. My selfconfidence grew to immense heights, Coyote had thrown in the towel. I should have known, Erling only backs off for a reason and that is to blow up your ego and make you believe that if you do another two alien (what was I thinking? wacko) laps you won't see him again untill the finishline. And so came lap five with the unfortunate incident.....Thanks for waving guys.
All in all four and a half laps of top entertainment. Thank you Erling and Daz and thanks Tony for organizing. And well done Dimi never saw you again after lap one.
As for Fulvio, I hope he will be awarded for finishing his lonely race. Technically he finished before me.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2022, 03:33:33 PM +0000 »

No chance to put me on standing?
Your right.........no chance

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2022, 04:22:51 PM +0000 »

...Erling decided to back off a little. My selfconfidence grew to immense heights, Coyote had thrown in the towel....

I can assure you I didn't and hadn't  Cheesy

You managed to stay ahead in the sections where I had otherwise had a small advantage for you to claw back on the straights.  That, coupled with some small mistakes from me, saw the gap grow.

Thanks for the racing also from me; was definitely more interesting than the 2nd half!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2022, 05:37:33 PM +0000 »

I understand it is Dimitar's Birthday today. Happy Birthday DD. 
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com