by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 08:53:00 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L22ERRC Isle of Man: November 02, 2022
November 02, 2022, 08:42:57 PM +0000 - Isle of Man (Mountain Course (Abridged)) - UKGTL Season 22 1957 European Road Racing Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 250 TR (#20) GTC-65 1 9:28.271
97.442mph
1 47:56.057
96.267mph
5 9:30.225
97.108mph
Pirelli  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#14) GTC-65 2 +39.892
91.051mph
2 +3:31.820
89.663mph
5 10:11.419
90.566mph
Pirelli  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Mercedes 300SL (#0) GTC-65 3 +43.191
90.559mph
3 +1L
76.836mph
4 10:11.707
90.523mph
Continental  
Daz9

Ferrari 250 TR (#124) GTC-65 4 +3L 2 9:35.356
96.242mph
accident
Pirelli  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Mercedes 300SL (#0) GTC-65 +5L 0 ---
---
DQ
Continental  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Mercedes 300SL (#0) GTC-65 0 ---
---
unknown
Continental  
PaulSS

Ferrari 250 TR (#17) GTC-65 0 ---
---
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
9:28.271
97.442mph
Erling G-P
Qualifying
Ferrari 250 TRNovember 02, 2022, 08:42:57 PM +0000
L22ERRC
GT Legends
GTC-65
9:30.225
97.108mph
Erling G-P
Race
Ferrari 250 TRNovember 02, 2022, 08:42:57 PM +0000
L22ERRC
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 22 1957 European Road Racing Cup - Isle of Man - Nov 2  (Read 525 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2021, 11:36:05 AM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download pack available by pm to WT

Track: Isle of Man

Car restrictions: Four drives maximum per make. Check your car allowance here

Practice: ~19:20 GMT (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 GMT (20 mins) Drivers must not leave qualifying to change car make.
Race 1: 20:40 GMT (5 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops required: No

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 12:18:10 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 12:17:48 PM +0000 »

IMPORTANT

Until stated otherwise all race times are now GMT

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 04:16:48 PM +0000 »

Yikes... 25km, and I'm supposed to learn this before tomorrow!!  hang scared scared helpsmilie blink  Know what I'll be doing tonight..
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 02:04:35 PM +0000 »

In GPL we have the FULL I.O.M course ( 37+miles)and I have never fully learned that track. There are several sections where to my limited RAM it all looks the same, or where I have forgotten about the tight bend that is just beyond the next crest  scared I usually recall the bend at about the same moment as I plunge through the scenery. Undecided

If I understand things correctly tonight's proposed track is the "shortened" version ( only 25 miles LOL!!)? Not that it will help me much as I am likely to get even more confused over what comes next...or doesn't!!!

I might spend 30 mins depressing myself and my memory before this evening's hostilities, so that I might at least stay on
9 or somewhere near)  the grey stuff and complete a few laps even if I don't finish.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 02:29:10 PM +0000 »

Rats, should have practised this I think..... oops oops
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 09:51:49 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2022, 09:58:46 PM +0000 »

For once I can join you on Wednesday I was disco during Q.  Sad
Too bad GTL doesn't warn you. Only xD doesn't show you others time, but I was too concentrate to stay on tarmac that I didn't bother to stop and check if I was alone.
Anyway I couldn't end my Q lap and when I went to grid I found myself in nowhere land. 

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 02:22:48 PM +0000 »

What a track, absolutely exhilarating!!  Road courses like this are like magnets to me, but must admit I got worried when I realized only late Tuesday what kind of track this was  scared

Thus a fair part of my Tuesday evening went like this:  Start-lap, wreck, restart, wreck, restart, wreck, restart, wreck, restart, wreck, restart, wreck, restart, wreck, restart, wreck, restart, wreck, restart, wreck, restart and on and on...
Wiser heads might suggest to take some slow laps to familiarize yourself with the track, but I'm just not wired that way: The temptation to push full bore is just too irresistible, but then you find the limits and difficult spots the hard way...  Hit with a wet fish

As I gradually learned the track, it was also obvious that the Ferrari was a fantastic drive around here.  Never tried the Aston, my only other option, as I had my hands more than full enough with learning the track with just one car.

Delighted with pole and retaining first place after the start - I expected the risk of incidents being very high, and running behind someone else almost invariably gets you involved on tracks like this (not that I wasn't perfectly capable of creating my own problems..).  Well into L1 I seemed to have a great lead and things were looking good.  Then I started hearing a faint echo of my own engine noise. Puzzled, but when it got louder, I had the bright idea to look behind: A black Ferrari had shown up. Of course Daz was going to be a problem - did I really think otherwise?  He had apparently forgotten that he hadn't practiced, like the bumble bee that doesn't know it can't fly..

At the end of L1, he had caught up, and won the drag race from the final turn past the start line.  I didn't fight it too hard - seemed wiser to let him run and wreck, or settle for 2nd if he kept it together; close racing just seemed too risky.  Wasn't too far behind well into L2, when Daz kissed the wall in one of the places that gave me a hard time during praccy.  Shortened the gap, and when he wrecked shortly after - ironically in one of the slowest corners, I couldn't avoid hitting his car.  Sustained some damage, and the car was less keen to turn right after that.  Daz was getting closer again when we reached the slower, uphill section, but suddenly his engine noise vanished.  Didn't see what happened and wondered if he had wound up on the wrong side of a wall or fence. Replay shows it to be much worse, with a wheel ripped off.  Shame Daz, as it was shaping up to be an exiting race.

Had a big enough gap to cruise home for the rest of the race, but still stupidly had a few close calls; just can't help trying to go fast on tracks like this.

Grats to Tony & Dan, the only other finishers I believe, and commiserations to all the victims of the track, and to Fulvio for missing it alltogether, great shame.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2022, 07:34:27 PM +0000 »

Sorry for being absent - was already sleeping  Roll Eyes Tongue

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2022, 09:04:37 PM +0000 »

If I were to create a small series of similar tracks (road's), what car would you choose to drive?

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2022, 10:31:30 AM +0000 »

If I were to create a small series of similar tracks (road's), what car would you choose to drive?

I have only used the Ferrari 250TR here and it was fantastic.  Maybe other 50s car would be too - the Healey 100 maybe?

While trying to learn the track, I read the comments from some of our regular drivers, when it was used in another event - one of Lasse's I believe?
Cars were apparently slower, as the comments were that the track was easy - flat out for most of a lap, with only a few difficult spots to remember.  That would be detrimental to my enjoyment; cars have to be fast enough to make it dangerous, otherwise a lot of the appeal disappear, for me anyway, but what do others think?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2022, 02:56:12 PM +0000 »

Sorry for being absent - was already sleeping  Roll Eyes Tongue

Result

Cool
Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2022, 04:16:08 PM +0000 »

Oh it was dangerous last time Erling, I crashed out of that one as well!!! oops lol The trouble was that lots of it was NEARLY flat, so it was still exhilarating to be fair....

I had totally forgotten all the corners, and they also looked very different in these cars, much more of a handful all round. Binned it multiple times in the short practise before quali, and then couldn't complete a lap in quali either, so was not exactly full of confidence at the start.

Picked my way through the carnage, and then Dan let me through to go and chase Erling. Caught him slowly over the first half of the lap, and then popped it on the inside on the start/finish straight. To be honest, even then going down Bray Hill I was wondering if I may have been better served just following, as it looked like Erling was quicker in some sections, and I was quicker in others, but as normal the inner lunatic that just wants to go fast took over, and then when in the lead tried to push on.

That was a mistake for sure. Ended up perched on the edge of the windscreen upside down, and smack in the way of Erling. He couldn't avoid me, and the combo left the car feeling a bit drunk. I chased off after him, was enjoying the run through the walls and hedges with his car just a few seconds in front so providing a lead to follow, but then absolutely smacked the car into a wall end and the front right was ripped off.

Got it back to the pits, did all the repairs and changed tires, but on pulling back out I still only had 3 wheels on the car. I have had this happen at times before, always very annoying and frustrating as in my head if you bother to do the repairs it should all be good to go....Anyway, quit out at that point, as I wasn't getting anywhere on 3 wheels.

Grats to Erling, apologies for leaving my car in the middle of the corner when I did....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com