Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 08:18:27 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR 2 - NGT Endurance FR: March 18, 2007
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR 2 - NGT Endurance Fun Race - UKGTR Donington GP - 18th March  (Read 11605 times)
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2007, 09:53:01 AM +0000 »

Good job, Simon.  Smiley  Just don't forget to race as well.  Wink  I know, I know, not enough time.  Undecided  Sometimes ignorants like me are fortunate - we get to eat the fruit that others worked for.  angel

TT
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2007, 10:06:14 AM +0000 »

Just don't forget to race as well.

LOL. No chance at the moment.  Smiley Too many cars to paint and tracks to edit.  laugh It'll be straight into season 5 with no practice for me and then I'll miss a couple of races due to going on holiday. Seems to happen to me every time we start a new season.  boat

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2007, 10:33:24 AM +0000 »

No problem with the track here during the race. Got a couple of cut warnings at old hairpin during qual when pushing very hard and losing the back end slightly but that was it.

Was going to use a different car for this one but with no setup time had to take my trusty black 360 and use the same setup as in season 4 which went well. Really struggled with the cold track and managed to tweak the qual setup enough to qualify in the top 10 but well down on PB.

No time to tweak the race setup so decided just to go for a long first stint using slightly more fuel which would keep the pit stop time down and follow with a quicker final stint. Car was awful at the start was understeering all over the place guess due to the cold track. Couldn't keep it flat through Craner or at the left kink before Macleans. Brakes were pretty bad too. Slowly dropped back through the field but had some great battles especially with Darren initially who passed easily under braking and then Kerr (sorry about the tap into Melbourne mate completely outbraked myself). Towards the end of the stint the sun was beginning to rise and then car just got better. As I moved up the field due to pitstops (think up to 2nd) the car was handling great so stayed out as long as I could. Pit stop went well 45 secs or so and came out 10th in front of Dave? Was steady for a lap or so and then the car just took off! Guess the track had warmed up. Was catching Gomes and Zacari. I think Kerr had a spin and after the two in front got passed I did too. Zacari had a moment and I got by and began to chase down Gomes. Then just after the hanger straight Gomes' 911 warped and appeared right in front of me  Shocked We collided, well I kind of went straight through as still had foot to the floor  Grin but it put me in a spin. No damage to my car either which is strange! I read what happened mate no worries at all not your fault for the drop to desktop. Zacari went back past but I was then in front of Gomes so nothing lost really. Finished 7th. Great fun.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2007, 10:37:07 AM +0000 »

:'( bad FPS all through 20-40max put details down but still the same  Huh ,tried to do race hoping it would get better but nope  :'( still the same,couldnt be racing like that as Im a danger for other drivers aswell.....

Have you lowered your headlight setting to LOW and your shadows to LOW or MEDIUM? They are the biggest helps to lower light conditions.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2007, 03:21:02 PM +0000 »

I really liked the headlights in game, i liked the way the beams actually looked like headlight beams, and swung across the terrain or other cars as you turned.  Cool

I think your 'darkening' procedure needs emphasising a bit more though as most of the track still felt like i was driving in near daylight with just a dark sky. Not critisicing it, just commenting. angel

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2007, 03:29:44 PM +0000 »

I think your 'darkening' procedure needs emphasising a bit more though as most of the track still felt like i was driving in near daylight with just a dark sky. Not critisicing it, just commenting. angel

Mark, that's because I intentionally made this race at 5am so that it wasn't night time.  Tongue 5am at Donny is just on the cusp of dawn so is already getting lighter hence it not looking really dark. In fact you can race without headlights at 5am (on your own Smiley ) as you can see the track perfectly well.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2007, 03:34:57 PM +0000 »

ah, fair enough, must admit i didnt realise what time the race was set at (forgot to look), just remembered DG? saying during praccy..'you lot expecting a night race?'....so assumed it was.

Thought it seemed unusually light. These weather and daylight changing settings are great and really add to the atmosphere of the races lately. Good work gents Cool

The cool temps played havoc with understeer last night.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2007, 04:44:50 PM +0000 »

ah, fair enough, must admit i didnt realise what time the race was set at (forgot to look), just remembered DG? saying during praccy..'you lot expecting a night race?'....so assumed it was.

T'weren't me guv. But I do remember seeing bits of the conversation.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2007, 05:01:55 PM +0000 »

T'weren't me guv. But I do remember seeing bits of the conversation.

Twas me I think when I started the server. Hadn't appreciated the hour of the race before hand.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2007, 09:10:32 PM +0000 »

Donington corner cutting poll here (CLICK ME).

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com