The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 10:07:58 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • NGT Sprint - 30th June: June 30, 2005
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: NGT Sprint - 30th June  (Read 8375 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2005, 08:09:04 PM +0100 »

As a forerunner to Season 1's championship format there will be a NGT sprint race in the same format as we are going to run the sprint championship for season 1.

Date: 30th June
Time: Practice 1 to start at 8:55pm (UK BST)
Server: UKGTR Picnic
Track: Donington Park
Weather: Dry
Cars: NGT only (G3 will be allowed to compete as NGT cars as specified in the season 1 format definition)
Practice 1: 5 mins (chat allowed)
Qualifying 2: 15 mins (no chat allowed)
Race: 30 mins (no chat allowed)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:41:26 AM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 07:00:48 AM +0100 »

OK!!!
Mike Wrightson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 01:31:40 AM +0100 »

I'm in Smiley

Team Shark!
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 09:19:08 AM +0100 »

Aye, looking forward to it.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 11:00:08 AM +0100 »

Hoping to be there in the GT3.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 11:07:34 AM +0100 »

Count me in!  Grin

Legends Racing simracing team
Rob Bywater "Kerb Crawlers"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 11:48:56 AM +0100 »

I`ll be there.

Cheers

Rob
Wilier

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 06:16:03 PM +0100 »

Im there. Smiley

"...please stay on the road this time...."
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 07:41:41 PM +0100 »

i think i will try another car than normal, why not ? Grin

GtrRank name = Iain
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 09:39:41 PM +0100 »

it didnt go so well

was fine in practice on my own, just couldnt control it tonight at all Sad

GtrRank name = Iain
simon67

part time lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 09:58:52 PM +0100 »

darn!! i missed this one....didn't see it in the forums  Sad

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 10:08:05 PM +0100 »

Might have been the same thing as me Iain- got a really tight set-up offline and a comnfortable high 1:34 and then online the track temp was a fair bit hotter- just melted my tyres and I spent the night swapping ends...

... or doing monkey like overtaking manouvers (sorry once again Pops). Will have a look at the replay whilst simultaneously practising self-flagellation and saying lines tomorrow  Embarrassed

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 10:14:45 PM +0100 »

Race was good for me had a decent race finished 4th  Wink happy with the car lapped around 1.35-1.34's, and the car was good at the finish.
Congrats mark Grin
unlucky mike  Sad

Paul,
    When the lag(car frozen on track just before the old hairpin) occurred there were 4 of us together brian,you,me and vekiq. It seemed strange because there was no sign of it before not even a slight warp, don't know what caused it. Not sure when it happened, I think maybe 20mins in.  No worries anyway would never have got past!!!

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 10:46:45 PM +0100 »

Amazing race, one of my better. I've never had a race so far where I haven't been disco'd for about 3 times, upto around the 15min mark. This is why I pulled out of NGT sprint.

This race, No probs. Qualified very in the middle of the pack, could have been about 2 places higher maybe if i hard more time, but aint that true for virtually everyone :-)

Race, Arsed up on first lap, quite predictable for me now. Need to have better control and flow in the early laps. Got back on track thinking I was at the back, then loads of more cars came wizzing by, I was firmly on the track by that point but the speed difference and the fact that those cars were close together made it dangerous. As soon as they got passed me (no contact between anyone) the both spun out... Bonus! How come u guys were so far back? there wasn't start line arsups again was there?

Ran a few incident free laps, till i was reminded that I left MSN on by one of my clients saying that he made a right arse of my code and could you give me the original again!

Back to GTR, in the wall.

Decided to push _really_ hard, push like every lap was a quali, Worked well my times were very good for race, and I got away with it for about 14 litres of fuel.

Pops (I think) arsed up at the top of one of the corners, and rejoined the track in a low visiblity section probably about 2-3 car lengths ahead of me, sideways, bang on my line! I really had to make a decision, hit him, or try and go round, a spin looked likely (potentially causing puncture to one or both of us) if i did. I elected to hit him, as the front of the F360 is very good at withstanding impacts and was going for smack in the middle of both wheels meaning that Pops would prolly be ok too.

Obviously the impact cost me speed down the straight, and I did a bit of a bouncing thing, but I came out without spinning. Pops what happened to you? didja spin? Hopefully I didn't cause too much damage.

Anyway push like on Quali runs again. I was pushing even harder as I had 20secs roughly either side. Got through another fair amount of laps till I arsed up "Hairpin" and spent the next few corners fighting the inevitable. Thankfully I just had a trip across the grass and no damage, back on the track, and took it slightly easier till I heard "Pit In Next Lap". I looked in my mirrors and saw two cars who should not have been there. Must be P1 etc. Elected to keep pushing and got through the start/finish just before them so I could have a lap raggin it around like a mad bastard, Which I did, Didn't spin either.

Anyway after that pretty consistent race (I'm usually very much so once I get passed the first lap) I've decided that I take it easy a little bit too much, causing tire heat issues that makes me slower as I try to take it easy coz its having grip problems. Push harder, Think Faster from now on... Maybe not quite as hard as today tho!

Fozzmeister

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 10:57:55 PM +0100 »

Paul,
    When the lag(car frozen on track just before the old hairpin) occurred there were 4 of us together brian,you,me and vekiq. It seemed strange because there was no sign of it before not even a slight warp, don't know what caused it. Not sure when it happened, I think maybe 20mins in.  No worries anyway would never have got past!!!

I was chasing Vekiq and when he hit that car I hit him. He went on while I hit the wall and puctured front left tire. Pitted but couldn't make it back to the top, so I quit after some spins. Too bad, that would have been a battle - five cars together!

Race two only had 6 competitors and Mike and me ended in trying to make more mistakes than the other. I won this while he won the race. Nice duel though, anyway! 
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com