by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 01:14:13 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L22G5s Mosport: May 18, 2022
May 18, 2022, 08:41:58 PM +0100 - Mosport - UKGTL Season 22 1976 Group 5's
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
MichaW

Porsche 934 (#6) GTC-TC-76 1 1:19.550
110.600mph
1 57:15.442
107.563mph
42 1:20.182
109.728mph
Dunlop  
Paddler

DeTomaso Pantera (#86) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.130
110.420mph
2 +32.203
106.564mph
42 1:21.020
108.593mph
Avon  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
DeTomaso Pantera (#84) GTC-TC-76 3 +2.062
107.806mph
3 +1:02.411
105.644mph
42 1:22.394
106.782mph
Avon  
Ziu Bacubacu

Lancia Stratos (#436) GTC-TC-76 4 +2.301
107.491mph
4 +1L
104.863mph
41 1:22.599
106.517mph
Michelin  
Daz9

Lancia Stratos (#519) GTC-TC-76 5 +2.537
107.182mph
5 +17.492
104.333mph
41 1:22.280
106.930mph
Michelin  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
BMW CSL Gr.5 (#64) GTC-TC-76 6 +3.777
105.587mph
6 +52.641
103.283mph
41 1:23.455
105.425mph
Goodyear  
MichaelE39

Lancia Stratos (#436) GTC-TC-76 7 +4.437
104.757mph
7 +2L
101.132mph
40 1:24.429
104.209mph
Michelin  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Lancia Stratos (#514) GTC-TC-76 9 +6.203
102.600mph
8 +3L
99.259mph
39 1:25.631
102.746mph
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lancia Stratos (#519) GTC-TC-76 8 +5.765
103.126mph
9 +34L 8 1:25.414
103.007mph
unknown
Michelin  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:19.550
110.601mph
MichaW
Qualifying
Porsche 934May 18, 2022, 08:41:58 PM +0100
L22G5s
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:20.182
109.729mph
MichaW
Race
Porsche 934May 18, 2022, 08:41:58 PM +0100
L22G5s
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 22 1976 Group 5's - Mosport - May 18  (Read 577 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2021, 03:01:14 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download available by pm to WT

Track: Mosport ('67)

Car restrictions: Check your car allowance here

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (42 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops required: NO

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 12:33:29 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 12:48:23 PM +0100 »

IMPORTANT

At this track, the Porsche will require a pit stop for fuel.

However, it is easily the fastest car at this circuit.

Your choice  wacko

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 10:08:59 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

I'll be looking into why the Porsche did not require a pit stop for fuel in this event.

MichaW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 11:15:42 PM +0100 »

Hi Tony,

I am not necessarily the benchmark, I actually always consume less fuel and tires than, for example, Manfred. I would have made 45 laps today with the Porsche after the update to the 160L tank. But I'm not sure if everyone would have come so far. That's for your information. I finished with 29 wear on the worst tires, the last laps were really tricky. But I like this car, it actually has bad brakes, way too much power and too few gears and the rear always wants to corner first. And despite all that, it's great fun.

cheers Micha
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 01:00:18 AM +0100 »

Hi Tony,

I am not necessarily the benchmark, I actually always consume less fuel and tires than, for example, Manfred. I would have made 45 laps today with the Porsche after the update to the 160L tank. But I'm not sure if everyone would have come so far. That's for your information. I finished with 29 wear on the worst tires, the last laps were really tricky. But I like this car, it actually has bad brakes, way too much power and too few gears and the rear always wants to corner first. And despite all that, it's great fun.

cheers Micha

Thanks for the info Micha. But it worries me as in my testing the Porsche would need to pit for fuel. Soon as I can I will re-test. Maybe I screwed up?

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 10:24:32 AM +0100 »

FWIW Tony from someone at the other end of the grid.

I also found that the Porsche went much farther than you indicated, even before the upgrade. Once the upgrade was applied it was relatively easy to reach full distance. Despite trying hard I am not as quick as the resident aliens, but aggressive driving and the Porker has not proved to be a good mix, better to be smooth(ish) and keep the rear wheels behind the front. Roll Eyes

I discovered that the car had so much low down torque that I could run higher ratios, which also reduced wheelspin out of corners. Provided that I wore my lightweight racing socks and exercised a little restraint in applying the gas, the car would complete the distance. I'm would not claim the 45 laps at Mosport that Micha can achieve, but I would expect to get to 43 ( one lap spare ) relatively easily.
The other cars certainly are more frugal with the gas and/or have bigger tanks and thus present no problems.

Last night's race was a lonely affair once the initial dust had settled, maybe the BMW was not the right car? but I had 3 drives left in that box so decided to try it. The setup that I  cobbled together was VERY comfortable and the only downside was the rapidly vanishing rubber on the front left tyre. But even with zero left on that corner I was still able to drag a 1:23 out of the car late in the race, so the handling must have been well set up.
Daz provided some early distraction but he soon bu--ered off to play with the big boys up front. I slowly eased away from the cars behind and settled into a steady pace around 1:24. Staying focused was the biggest problem and a few excursions onto the grass resulted, but no damage done.
Grats to the podium guys and to all who finished.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 10:34:26 AM +0100 »

FWIW Tony from someone at the other end of the grid.

I also found that the Porsche went much farther than you indicated, even before the upgrade. Once the upgrade was applied it was relatively easy to reach full distance. Despite trying hard I am not as quick as the resident aliens, but aggressive driving and the Porker has not proved to be a good mix, better to be smooth(ish) and keep the rear wheels behind the front. Roll Eyes

I discovered that the car had so much low down torque that I could run higher ratios, which also reduced wheelspin out of corners. Provided that I wore my lightweight racing socks and exercised a little restraint in applying the gas, the car would complete the distance. I'm would not claim the 45 laps at Mosport that Micha can achieve, but I would expect to get to 43 ( one lap spare ) relatively easily.
The other cars certainly are more frugal with the gas and/or have bigger tanks and thus present no problems.

Last night's race was a lonely affair once the initial dust had settled, maybe the BMW was not the right car? but I had 3 drives left in that box so decided to try it. The setup that I  cobbled together was VERY comfortable and the only downside was the rapidly vanishing rubber on the front left tyre. But even with zero left on that corner I was still able to drag a 1:23 out of the car late in the race, so the handling must have been well set up.
Daz provided some early distraction but he soon bu--ered off to play with the big boys up front. I slowly eased away from the cars behind and settled into a steady pace around 1:24. Staying focused was the biggest problem and a few excursions onto the grass resulted, but no damage done.
Grats to the podium guys and to all who finished.
Thanks for the info Clive. I will definitely be re-testing.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 10:47:46 AM +0100 »

I too couldn't use the Porsche without a pit stop Tony, and I do have the 160L modification.  I could almost make it; lacking maybe 1 or 2 laps at most, but despite experiments with various gearings, I couldn't find one that didn't need a stop.  I didn't do a full run test however, so maybe a little short shifting could have stretched it just enough, but I didn't want to chance it in the race.

I really really like this track; very nice flow, fast curves and elevation changes - just the stuff I love.

In testing, the Beemer, Lancia & Pantera were all within 2 tenths of one another, in the low 1:23s. Porker was 3 secs faster, but would need a stop. With race fuel, the difference was less, and while there should be time for a stop, any excursion off track could turn things around, so opted out of the Porker.  Would have liked to drive the Beemer, but found its gearing options unsuitable for the track - either too low or too high.  That left Lancia & Pantera.  Finally decided on the latter, as it was the most stable and nicer drive; its gearing seemed the most harmonious for the track. A worry was the tyre wear, which seemed much higher than the Lancia, but at least it was fairly even front/rear. The Lancia chewed the rears much faster than the fronts, which would no doubt make it even more 'exiting' as the race wore on...

In pre-race praccy, I knocked almost 2 secs of my pb, but in qual, I could do no better than 1.5 secs improvement. Ziu was close, but thankfully it was still enough for 3rd and thus the front row.

Got best off the line, but by T1 the two German aliens were ahead.  Italian alien Ziu very hot on my heels, and the first half of the race was a wild chase. Very hard; had to push as much as I possibly could, and couldn't afford any mistakes. Only very slowly did I stretch the gap, and I worried my tyres would go off before Ziu's, but the opposite appeared to be the case - maybe his setup was harder on the tyres than mine, or maybe the chase took its toll - it did on mine!.  At the start of L24, the gap jumped from 7 secs, to 17. That finally gave me a much needed breather - I could lower the pace to 9/10, instead of 10/10   Shocked

Grats to untouchable Micha & Manfred, thanks to Ziu for a very exiting race.
Ziu Bacubacu

ZenMaster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2022, 11:47:35 AM +0100 »

I ran 42 laps without FFB, my car was almost undriveable, not feeling the grip of the tires was terrible and things got worse as I consumed fuel. Certainly the intention was to put pressure on Erling (overtaking impossible, given the difference in power) but I was counting on tire wear ..... unfortunately the driver of my TM PC racer decided otherwise. I also knew that in my best qualy lap I made a mistake in the final corners and I lost 2 tenths and a half .... I could have started in front of Erling (too much grace!). What saved me in the race were the problems of Daz, in those conditions I don't think I could have resisted, then the pain in my wrists was added because I had to stiffen the grip on the steering wheel to limit the sensitivity of the steering reduced so badly, the usual damn arm and finally the start of the anticyclone Hannibal which is starting to hit the south of Sardinia .... we expect over 30 degrees for the weekend and yesterday my shirt was so wet that I drove as if there were 40 degrees ..... in May!

Grats Michael, Manfred and Erling............Sorry Erling if I didn't give you an even more fun race  taz
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2022, 03:46:32 PM +0100 »

Yes, lots of problems here!

Like Erling, always have had some love for Mosport, proper track.

Decided to try to get the Lancia drives out of the way at less dangerous circuits where it can be at least a little competitive, as it isn't the easiest to get setup or drive, and I know Mosport well enough to know that there is usually run off where you are most likely to go off.

Qualified on full tanks, so a little bit behind Ziu was OK for me. To be honest, I spent most of practise and quali just trying to get the car to not throw itself off the road on corner entry, or understeer off the road on power. It really doesn't want to play nice for me, I feel like I should be able to get more out of it but I just can't find the sweet spot for me with the car. I did get it to calm down enough to feel like I could race at a decent pace though.

Went wrong straight away really. Initial jump was OK, but I had to lift immediately or I would have been into the back of the front row of the incredibly tight grid. This meant the car bogged, and holding position was a struggle. Then into that first crest at turn 2, Ziu coasted into it in a way I wasn't expecting, and I had to brake hard to avoid contact, and the car just rotated violently and there was no way to hold it. Of course, if he had no FFB it all makes sense. I got lucky that no one hit me, some clever avoidance chaps, thank you. Span it back round, and at the end of lap 1 I was well on the back foot, around 5 seconds off the back of the field.

Got a bit lucky, as I caught up some guys went wide or had moments, so I could slide on past. By lap 6 or so I was now in front of Clive, and 10 seconds behind Ziu but prepared to chase if I could. It seemed I had the edge in pace, and I was catching, but by lap 16 my left rear was permanently bright yellow, and was wearing very fast. The hotter it got the worse it was, and the car was starting to really misbehave on the fast entries.

I got some luck when Ziu lost some time, and was only 1 second behind when he caught Michael on the long straight(ish), leaving me wondering where I was going to get past to not lose time. I think I just lost my focus for a second, and in the braking zone at the end of that straight the car just went round, losing me 5 seconds or so, and pretty much killing any chance of making any more inroads on the leader board.

I then compounded this with at least 2 more spins as the rear tires just wore out on me, pushing hard to keep any kind of laptime was like riding a razor blade, one wrong move on throttle or brake was going to lead to big problems at this point, and I was happy to just get to the finish eventually. As with Ziu, the efforts had turned my office into a sauna, and I was ridiculously hot by the end, must remember to open the windows, still getting used to the new place....

Grats to Micha, Manfred and Erling, and Ziu for winning the battle of the Lancias.
MichaelE39

www.altbierbude.de #ETCC Team Örliebraker#

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2022, 04:27:51 PM +0100 »

Hello everybody,

I really like the Mosport track, I've done countless laps there on the ABB.

The Lancia was impossible to control for me  Huh, it was the first time I'd ever had the car.

But I saw the chequered flag, that's good. Smiley

Congratulations to the podium, they lapped me twice. Shocked Shocked

See you on track soon. Smiley

Greetings Michael

Greetings, Michael
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2022, 05:42:46 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Ziu Bacubacu

ZenMaster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2022, 06:58:19 AM +0100 »

I fixed my problem with FFB, here the solution https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/no-ffb-with-t300.204538/page-2#posts, pushing ALT-F it s possible to recover FFB for GTL and GTR2.....that could be useful if someone lost his FFB.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2022, 03:19:23 PM +0100 »

I fixed my problem with FFB, here the solution https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/no-ffb-with-t300.204538/page-2#posts, pushing ALT-F it s possible to recover FFB for GTL and GTR2.....that could be useful if someone lost his FFB.
thumbup1

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2022, 03:20:02 PM +0100 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com