by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 12:28:35 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L22G5s Nürburgring: November 16, 2022
November 16, 2022, 08:46:57 PM +0000 - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - UKGTL Season 22 1976 Group 5's
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW CSL Gr.5 (#22) GTC-TC-76 2 +2.998
100.860mph
1 59:26.386
100.155mph
7 8:26.178
100.809mph
Goodyear  
Ziu Bacubacu

Lancia Stratos (#519) GTC-TC-76 1 8:22.926
101.461mph
2 +30.405
99.309mph
7 8:26.062
100.832mph
Michelin  
Daz9

Porsche 934 (#9) GTC-TC-76 3 +2:35.856
95.962mph
7 8:18.684
102.324mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Lancia Stratos (#519) GTC-TC-76 3 +29.620
95.818mph
4 +3:03.203
95.262mph
7 8:50.901
96.115mph
Michelin  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
DeTomaso Pantera (#17) GTC-TC-76 5 +3:18.843
94.866mph
7 8:41.228
97.898mph
Avon  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
BMW CSL Gr.5 (#24) GTC-TC-76 4 +34.091
95.020mph
6 +2L 5 8:54.452
95.476mph
suspension
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW CSL Gr.5 (#64) GTC-TC-76 7 +4L 3 8:55.126
95.356mph
unknown
Goodyear  
MichaelE39

DeTomaso Pantera (#14) GTC-TC-76 8 +5L 2 8:56.004
95.200mph
suspension
Avon  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Porsche 934 (#93) GTC-TC-76 +7L 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 22 1976 Group 5's - Nürburgring - Nov 16  (Read 559 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2021, 03:09:43 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download available by pm to WT

Track: Nurburgring ('75 Nordschleife)

Car restrictions: Check your car allowance here

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (7 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops required: NO

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: There is no working out lap shortcut.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 12:10:31 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 10:13:06 PM +0100 »

IMPORTANT

I have increased the fuel tanks for the Porsche and the De Tomaso.

Download these and extract to correct car make folders allowing files to overwrite existing.

Porsche https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YdjVMP_j8iX3-dEZJlEtvI6itiRH6EqF/view?usp=sharing

De Tomaso https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DrRzAWAXbVLIyUyoFnglCq6lN5dcx37b/view?usp=sharing

The download Porsche file needs to be put here

GameData/Teams/GTC-TC-76/1976 Porsche 934.

The download De Tomaso file needs to be put here

GameData/Teams/GTC-TC-76/1976 De Tomaso Pantera.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 09:39:27 PM +0000 »

Actually thought I was going to finish this. But whilst grabbing a drink down the long straight I over-glugged and this set of a coughing fit. Managed to drive and cough my guts up but eventually the cough won and I hit a barrier, losing a wheel. Hope you remainers do the distance.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 10:12:16 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 11:22:32 PM +0000 »

Bah, all went wrong for me tonight.

Late home, pc on but game not seeing pedals, lots of swearing, gesticulating, accusing children of sabotage, usb swapping later I get the game to see the pedals...but it didn't feel like it did in practise at all.

Didn't have time to check anything, but all seemed to go ok in the race, made up places until taking the lead on Dottinger Hohe at the end of lap 1. But then binned it near the end of lap 2, whilst not trying that hard, took the lead again, binned it again, took the lead again, binned it again (luckily not getting caught on the armco), then followed Erling and Ziu passed them one by one over 2 laps to take the lead onto lap 6, then binned it properly giving myself a puncture.

Long haul back to the pits, tire change and out, back on track in front of Clive, but steering was massively cocked to one side, nearly 90 degrees. And then I nearly took off on some of the bumps, the big one Dottinger being the worst, front spoiler had obviously gone awol in the crash.

Grats to Erling, super drive in the BMW, just went calmly about his business and won. Excellent stuff.

Just to satisfy myself I moved all the usbs back to where they normally are, went back in the game, and now pedals are being found no problem again. Out on track, first flying lap is an 8.07.....buggerit....had actually practised for this one as well, as the 934 was great around here.

EDIT, may have found the culprit, looks like I was a victim of Clives dreaded windows update, as it did one on power up last night by the looks of it. Never seen this happen before though, I blame Clive entirely.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 09:46:06 AM +0000 by Daz9 » Logged
seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 10:03:36 AM +0000 »

After the usually unexpected and unwanted windows update my pc had been rattling for more than an hour. Not a good sign. Starting up the game took nearly 7 minutes, bad sign too!  After a slow start and a spin in T3 I gradually began to enjoy things until by the end of lap one I passed Tony at the end of the long straight. I think this so utterly annoyed him that he pushed the big “disco this silly Porka chap”  knob. Took me another lap and a half before I noticed I was alone in the parallel universe Tony had sent me to.
On hindsight I think there might be a small possibility it was a spontaneous disco on my end........Nah....I go for the Tony version..... devil
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2022, 10:36:54 AM +0000 »

Grats to the podium guys, you were in a race of your own.
Nothing to do with me Daz!! Well, when I say nothing................. Roll Eyes  I am somewhat relieved ( notice that I did not say "pleased" ) to hear of someone else having their PC/game screwed by a Win update. I was beginning to think that it was all down to my ineptitude Undecided.

Opted for the car that I hoped would be softer on tyres and a little more nimble around all the twisty bits, but it took 95% of practice to dial in a "driveable" setup. Ziu was 30 secs a lap faster in his Stratos  I Am Not Worthy but I had a feeling that this would be a race of attrition so survival was my primary aim.

It almost went t*ts up on the first lap with cold tyres and lack of grip. In fact it took me almost 3 laps to get the rubber warm and even then the front end was showing as marginally cool. Maybe I was not pushing hard enough.
One by one cars went off track and I have to give maximum points for Matt's exit in his BMW, very impressive both on style and technical difficulty. A quick wobble along a grass verge, up a steep bank at an angle whilst maintaining a straight line and then the clever bit, up and over a fence to vanish from view. I can only assume that has found a new hobby studying botanical specimens and caught sight of a rare orchid that needed cataloguing??

The majority of the race was quite lonely trundling along in 4th place with no chance of catching the leaders and a safe gap back to the chganging cars in 5th. There was a moment with 2 laps to go when Daz was showing as in pits for a long time and I got within 12 secs...but it did not last long and I was not going to risk it all in trying to catch that Porker.
Managed the gap back to Kurt as he started to close up on the last lap, but with almost 20secs to burn, I was able to take it steady and safe.

BTW and FWIW I started with 100litres of fuel in the Stratos and showing that it was enough for 4 laps. Finished the race without a stop and still showing 2.9 laps in the tank, so I could have run maybe 25% lighter on fuel?

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2022, 05:07:51 PM +0000 »

...Grats to Erling, super drive in the BMW, just went calmly about his business and won. Excellent stuff.

Well, it may have looked calm, but I was pushing as hard as I could for most of the race. You & Ziu aren't exactly known for being slow, so to keep up with the latter, not to mention keeping you behind for most of a lap took all I could muster.

Race was hard.  Had hoped the rest of the pack could delay the non-qualified Daz a little longer, but only a few corners into L1, he was up my tailpipes.  No freebees, so kept him behind until around mid-lap, where he found a place to power past.  On L2, on an uphill bit, I noticed some distinct tyre marks, suggesting problems for someone. Cresting the hill, I found Ziu back in the lead, and Daz right in front of me. Hmmm, maybe opportunities would present themselves?

Daz soon back in the lead, me still chasing Ziu, when one or two laps later, we found Daz seemingly hoplessly stuck behind a barrier. So now Ziu & I were battling for the win.  To my great surprise, Daz reappeared behind me, having gotten free. Then on the same lap, I rounded a corner, finding Ziu recovering after a moment, allowing me to snatch the lead.  When we reached the long straight, Daz powered past Ziu, but couldn't catch me in time. On the following lap, he had a few passing attempts, but late(r) braking kept me in front - until the straight, when he once more powered past.

Looked like his tyres were suffering, as he wasn't pulling away quite so fast anymore, once we got to the twistier bits.  A puff of dust suggested he had gone off, and sure enough I found him recovering with a damaged car, with flat right front tyre.   Went past and with Ziu having dropped back due to tyre issues, I could take the final lap a little easier and pick up an unexpected win.

Grats/commiserations to Ziu & Daz, and to the finishers and victims of track, coughing fits, Windows updates etc.  Smiley
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2022, 06:37:33 PM +0000 »

Great fun on my home track - even without a single lap of practice. Surprisingly the Pantera was a kind of a smooth drive.
Made far too many small mistakes to threaten other drivers although it looked that I was considerably faster.
Fortunately some of them had to leave the game so I could climb up on the table but always in last place  Roll Eyes

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2022, 10:29:37 PM +0000 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com