by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 05:34:56 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L22WTCC Jarama: February 23, 2022
February 23, 2022, 08:42:16 PM +0000 - Jarama - UKGTL Season 22 1987 World Touring Car Champ.
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 (#88026) GTC-TC-76 1 1:31.578
82.928mph
1 1:04:47.438
78.143mph
40 1:32.134
82.428mph
Pirelli  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87077) GTC-TC-76 8 +4.902
78.715mph
2 +1:12.925
76.704mph
40 1:36.090
79.034mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Alfa Romeo 75 (#87077) GTC-TC-76 3 +1.937
81.211mph
3 +1:13.260
76.698mph
40 1:33.811
80.954mph
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87077) GTC-TC-76 6 +4.334
79.181mph
4 +1L
75.607mph
39 1:36.646
78.580mph
Dunlop  
Ziu Bacubacu

Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87013) GTC-TC-76 7 +4.722
78.862mph
5 +11.274
75.390mph
39 1:37.313
78.041mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87013) GTC-TC-76 9 +5.546
78.193mph
6 +41.217
74.820mph
39 1:38.179
77.353mph
Dunlop  
Daz9

Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87077) GTC-TC-76 5 +4.093
79.381mph
7 +2L 38 1:36.367
78.807mph
fuel
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87066) GTC-TC-76 10 +8.477
75.902mph
8 +3L
72.121mph
37 1:40.169
75.816mph
Dunlop  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 (#88030) GTC-TC-76 2 +1.013
82.021mph
9 +9L 31 1:32.407
82.184mph
unknown
Pirelli  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Alfa Romeo 75 (#87076) GTC-TC-76 4 +3.403
79.957mph
10 31 1:35.251
79.731mph
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:31.578
82.928mph
phspok
Qualifying
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500February 23, 2022, 08:42:16 PM +0000
L22WTCC
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 22 1987 World Touring Car Champ. - Jarama - Feb 23  (Read 713 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2021, 11:57:35 AM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download available by pm to WT

Track: Jarama (1979)

Car restrictions: Check your car allowance here

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins) Drivers must not leave qualifying to change car make.
Race: 20:40 (40 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: 2x
Fuel consumption: 2x
Pit stops required: YES

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Cuts will be off.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 04:36:33 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 03:23:41 PM +0000 »

This series will involve pit stops. If your new to GTL this could be a valuable read https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=11812.msg212761#msg212761

The BMW is a thirsty beast. With the rev limit set at 9000 you will be a good match for the Alfa and will be able to reach the pits at half race distance.
If you choose to raise the rev limit be aware that you may have to do two pit stops per race.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 06:05:51 PM +0000 »

Tony, question about scoring:

I'm listed with 4 class points after the first race, but no points at all in the overall picture.  Should it be 4 poins too (0 + 4), or are class points only added, if overall points are scored too?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 07:39:21 PM +0000 »

I'm listed with 4 class points after the first race, but no points at all in the overall picture.  Should it be 4 poins too (0 + 4), or are class points only added, if overall points are scored too?
I think that we owe you 4 points. It's an unforeseen bug in the scoring apparatus. I will try to establish if a fix can be found and report back. It may take a few days though.

Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 10:00:36 PM +0000 »

Not my week is it...

I had the pace for this, and was just knocking the laps off looking after my tyres to do a late splash and dash, miles in front of Dimi after his stop althoug he took fresh tyres and was faster than me.

But, I don't normally pit until the car is empty. I always go absolutely as far as I can on the fuel I carry from the start. The thought process was that at this point I had held Geoff up for around 5 laps though, he was lapped and was obviously quicker than me but was being a gentleman. I pitted early to let him go, thinking I'll just add the 6 laps of fuel I need, no problem. Rapid pitstop, all good, leave pit, only 6 laps of fuel....ffs

Dimitar was close so let him go, then pitted a second time on that lap, fuel added set for 7 laps this time, that'll do I thought...nah ah, same error...

Was so peeved I couldn't be bothered to pit again for fuel and just ran it dry. So annoying....Only been playing this since 2006...you live and learn...

Grats to Matt, great win.
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 10:13:45 PM +0000 »

WOW!

One of the best drivings in my life.

I decide to go with Toyota just like the colleagues. Because with BMW it was going to be a lonely race. So I start my first laps during qualy and during the whole Q I drove with full tank. So I knew I have a chance to beat all of the Corollas.

At the start someone my a bad start and kill my momentum. After that there were so many dive bombs and contacts... What was that? But I survived but 11 seconds behind Daz after 2 laps.  cursing

I was behind Ziu for 6-7 laps and we had a nice chase. I had to wait for a mistake as these cars particularly don't have slip stream. He went to the pit pretty early though. And that gave me a clean circuit in 5th.

After that something happend with Dan, Clive had trouble as well. And I had a chance for a podium here. But I wanted to be the fastest Corolla...

I change the strategy here. I had full tank and could've gone for around 30 laps but I decide to change the tires at half way. And because I had a fuel for 10-12 more laps, I needed a quick refueling of just around 8 laps.

After that I start chasing Daz. He made few mistakes and I knew I had a chance. After he finally pitted I was 4 seconds behind. Before the end the gap was down to 2 and I was in a delirium of the coming battle. But it wasn't meant to be. He went to the pit again and I was now in second.

BUT!

Clive was around 10 seconds now behind, 10 laps to go, 1 second faster per lap and with more power on the straights. It was GAME ON! I drove these 10 laps like in a qualifying at around 120% of the car's potential, drifting like hell.

At the end I was about to have a hearth attack. Clive was cutting the final corners of the final lap like a man, and I have no idea how he didn't spin there.  clap And hopefully I saw the chequered flag at the end, with Clive just 5 tents behind...

What a race!

Grats to Matt on commanding victory and to Clive on the amazing chase and podium. Sympathies for Geoff, he had trouble at the start but was quick and Daz, and Ziu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIZcR6XzHJ8

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 10:20:11 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2022, 12:09:57 AM +0000 »

Sorry, I resumed my choir practice and I can't race on wednesday for a while.

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Ziu Bacubacu

ZenMaster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2022, 07:15:37 AM +0000 »

I had expected not to be fast here with this car and I expected most of us to choose the Corolla, so the only thing I could do was to go with my pace without overdoing it, waiting for the events ..... and luck came to me in the end when I was able to overtake Daz who was fighting to save the last few drops of fuel left in his car's tank. I have no regrets, here the choice of Corolla was a must and it is not possible to go fast on all tracks and with all cars. In this case, for my skills, the car + track package was not the best performing, but I repeat I was prepared for this because things went like this also on the occasion of the VW Scirocco Cup series, raced here at Jarama.

Grats Matt, Dimitar and Clive
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2022, 10:36:05 AM +0000 »

Grats to Matt and Dimitar and of course all finishers.

I was also considering the Corolla when I did a quick try out of the cars during Wednesday afternoon.  It was definitely the easiest car to drive and after only a few laps I was around 1:38 on full race fuel. There was obvious room for improvement, both in setup and ( mostly) my driving, so maybe a 1:36 was available. I tried the insane Cosworth and loved all of that power, but that love was not shared by the tyres which melted away at an alarming rate!! A couple of laps in the BMW showed that any setup that I had was in severe need of some development work, so I dragged the Alfa out of the garage and slapped the Monza setup on it.
Quicker that the Corolla, but a couple of secs slower than the Sierra. No more time during the afternoon, so a final decision to be made pre qualifying in the evening.
Ignoring the BMW I tried the other 3 and was almost seduced by the Sierra, but the tyre wear was scary. After a couple of tweaks to the Alpha setup it became much kinder on it's tyres without losing any pace, so it was a 50/50 choice between Corolla and Alfa.
At  the last moment I opted for the Alfa and was a little saddened to see that only Kurt was in the same class of car  Undecided
A grid of Toyota hardware with a two Sierras and a couple of Alfas.
My setup had a very high 1st gear and I was mugged at the start by a swarm of Corollas and Kurt. I was able to use the extra grunt of the Alfa to pick off the Corollas and eventually got myself on to Kurt's tail pipe, but getting past was a real problem. It was far too early in the race to risk any demon braking so I tried to apply pressure and wait for an error.
After several laps Kurt went wide at T1 and I was free to consider chasing Matt in his Sierra, but I quickly abandoned any idea of glory when my front left tyre turned red!! If second was the best that I could achieve, then that was not so bad  Wink

I was playing safe with tyre wear and had decided to do 2 stints of 20 laps so that I could replace tyres at half distance and refuel...simples! A bolt on certainty for 2nd spot  Roll Eyes.

Gave the "slowing to pits" message , hit the speed limiter at the correct place. cruised up to my pit man ( I had practised the position for this race ). up popped the pit board, Front tyres "yes"...Rear tyres "yes",  "Enter"......Oh Sh*t I forgot to add fuel??!!!. By sheer good fortune I still had 1.6 laps worth of fumes in the tank to complete another lap and stop AGAIN for some gas.
That cost me a bucket load of time and I was now midfield with cars that had already completed their stops ahead of me. Matt was way ahead and barring any accidents a certain winner, Daz was second and would have to make a stop but he had a huge time advantage. DD was 3rd and a quick calculation was that I had to slice more than a second a lap off his pace to even catch him.
During that chase Daz came unstuck with his refuelling woes and I passed a couple of cars to be sitting in 3rd with 10 laps to go and DD 10 secs ahead.
Quite how I kept the Alfa mostly on the tarmac with a totally ruined front left tyre, bouncing over kerbs and catching snap oversteers I do not know. The Alfa is probably not the sweetest handling car but it must be tough to take the abuse that I gave it in my attempt to catch Dimitar. Just one more lap and I think I might have stolen MY second place back, but credit to DD he made no mistakes and squeezed just enough pace out of his car to get to the flag ahead of me.  HUGE FUN !!!!!  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:37:46 AM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2022, 10:51:09 AM +0000 »

I too thought of using the Toyota, but there looked too many of them, would have been fun, But I fancied something
different, saw Clive and Dan in Sierras so thought I could have a good close race with them, as we are sometimes
the same sort of pace. I had no laps or setups for the Bmw of Alfa, so that would have been a risky choice
Then Clive left and came back in the Alfa, but I was commited now, so stuck with it.

Race start  Dan was far too polite into T1 and went wide, then compounded his position with some time sapping
moves, so he dropped further back. My tyres were melting quite nicely, front left in particular, but the car
handled ok even on barely any red bar, so I pressed on to try to get past 20 laps so I would have a bit more
rubber in the 2nd stint. Apologies to Tony ( I think) I have so many installs I forget stuff, and this one
would seem to have auto pit and it tried very hard to shove Tony out  of his pit box so it could get to mine  Shocked

Then it was just drive to the finish after Dan somehow was a longgg way back.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2022, 12:09:45 PM +0000 »

Quite happy with my 4th place after ruining any chance I had of winning the Toyota class in the first couple of laps, although I could not of matched DD's pace anyway.

The first couple of laps were a disaster. The first few corners of lap 1 I just seemed to be in the wrong place at every one & quickly got shuffled back to last place. On lap 2 I spun the car into the barriers after catching too much kerb at T5 so was already over 30s behind class leader Daz. Proceeded to lap at Daz's pace for several laps & eventually caught & passed Tony & Erling. Approaching half distance the tyres started to go off & although I had planned to go to lap 30 before pitting, I decided that maybe a stop at half distance & new tyres would be a good idea. This seemed to pay off as shortly after my stop I easily closed up on then leader Daz who was a lap ahead.

When Daz pitted I then set my sights on Ziu who was around 10s ahead but lapping slower than me. Shortly after Daz too was not far ahead after his two stops & I gained two places in as many laps when they both pretty well let me past. There was no chance of catching anyone else though, so pretty happy with 4th after those terrible first couple of laps.

Congrats to Matt, DD & Clive on the podium.  clap clap clap
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2022, 02:54:12 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2022, 02:58:09 PM +0000 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2022, 02:54:17 PM +0000 »

I'm listed with 4 class points after the first race, but no points at all in the overall picture.  Should it be 4 poins too (0 + 4), or are class points only added, if overall points are scored too?
I think that we owe you 4 points. It's an unforeseen bug in the scoring apparatus. I will try to establish if a fix can be found and report back. It may take a few days though.
So, we discovered that as Erling finished 11th, he was one place outside of the overall scoring system range, and this prevented his Division score from being included in the overall scoring table.

We have now replaced the overall scoring system with another that has a wider range of scoring places. The division scoring system remains unchanged. Drivers may notice that they have more overall points as a consequence.

However, please be aware that the new overall scoring system has a 75% race finish clause. This means that drivers must complete over 75% of the published race distance in order to score points for divisional and overall race position.

I will post a reminder of this for all future races in this series.

EDIT: For your information the old overall points system was this Points: 20, 15, 11, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

The replacement system is this Points: 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 06:58:08 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com