by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 09:15:18 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L22WTCC Dijon-Prenois: March 23, 2022
March 23, 2022, 08:41:59 PM +0000 - Dijon-Prenois (GP) - UKGTL Season 22 1987 World Touring Car Champ.
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 (#88030) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.377
96.409mph
1 59:27.739
93.273mph
40 1:25.555
97.240mph
Pirelli  
Daz9

Alfa Romeo 75 (#87079) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.490
96.283mph
2 +30.469
92.483mph
40 1:26.669
95.990mph
Pirelli  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Alfa Romeo 75 (#87075) GTC-TC-76 5 +0.575
96.189mph
3 +33.464
92.406mph
40 1:27.163
95.446mph
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Alfa Romeo 75 (#87077) GTC-TC-76 4 +0.569
96.195mph
4 +36.541
92.328mph
40 1:26.878
95.759mph
Pirelli  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
BMW M3 E30 (#87049) GTC-TC-76 6 +0.661
96.093mph
5 +59.551
91.742mph
40 1:26.906
95.728mph
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Alfa Romeo 75 (#87078) GTC-TC-76 7 +1.034
95.681mph
6 +1:02.356
91.671mph
40 1:27.107
95.507mph
Pirelli  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Alfa Romeo 75 (#87076) GTC-TC-76 8 +3.984
92.541mph
7 +1L
89.359mph
39 1:29.579
92.872mph
Pirelli  
Ziu Bacubacu

Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87069) GTC-TC-76 9 +5.016
91.491mph
8 +2L
86.732mph
38 1:31.384
91.037mph
Dunlop  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BMW M3 E30 (#87047) GTC-TC-76 1 1:25.915
96.832mph
9 +28L 12 1:26.687
95.970mph
accident
Pirelli  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87077) GTC-TC-76 10 +5.573
90.934mph
10 +33L 7 1:32.486
89.953mph
accident
Dunlop  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 22 1987 World Touring Car Champ. - Dijon-Prenois - Mar 23  (Read 578 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2021, 11:59:21 AM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download available by pm to WT

Track: Dijon-Prenois (GP)

Car restrictions: Check your car allowance here

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins) Drivers must not leave qualifying to change car make.
Race: 20:40 (40 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: 2x
Fuel consumption: 2x
Pit stops required: YES

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Drivers must complete over 75% of the published race distance in order to score points.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 03:05:54 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 06:36:36 PM +0000 »

This series will involve pit stops. If your new to GTL this could be a valuable read https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=11812.msg212761#msg212761

The BMW is a thirsty beast. With the rev limit set at 9000 you will be a good match for the Alfa and will be able to reach the pits at half race distance.
If you choose to raise the rev limit be aware that you may have to do two pit stops per race.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 10:11:24 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 06:07:48 AM +0000 »

Well - a bit surprised not being too far behind Ziu, but sometimes the Toyota has a little unpredictable handling under braking.

Glad that I did not destroy Ziu's race  Tongue Roll Eyes

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Ziu Bacubacu

ZenMaster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 07:08:19 AM +0000 »

I hate this track, the layout isn't bad but I can't stand those high kerbs! I did the bare minimum, without practicing. I wanted to use Jarama's setup but I had to reinstall GTL due to a problem so I lost the setup due to my mistake and had to do a setup when I entered the server for the race. For the rest, I kept a cruising pace, being careful not to cause damage to riders faster than me who lapped me, that's all.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 09:10:58 AM +0000 »

Until this race I have never enjoyed this circuit either in GTL or GPL, it just never worked for me. But I opted for the BMW and after some random  fiddling with setup I found a car that felt predictable, and hopefully fast enough. The Alfa / BMW class was well represented and being up against a few of the resident fast guys I was not anticipating anything close to a podium finish. Ironically I did toy with the idea of using a Sierra drive but basically I chickened out of driving that beast, when as it turns out it would have gifted me a 2nd spot in class. Hindsight is a wonderful tool  Wink.

Grats to the fast boys in the Alfas, and I have to comment on Dan's qualifying in the BMW!!!  Shocked Shocked. Just where he found that time is going to take some studying of the replay!! There must be a shortcut that I missed!!

My race was spoiled by my own errors and timidity. The setup was geared for power on oversteer, especially through that long final corner where I needed to pour on the gas in 4th gear and the car would naturally tighten the line. But following Geoffers in an early lap I got too close to his boot lid ( apologies for the nudge Geoff) and had to lift, which was disastrous as the car then ploughed off into the kitty litter.
Imade the same mistake several more times T1 when I lifted instead of pushing on  Undecided. The time that I lost put me where I deserved to be for screwing up.
My pit stop was OK, except that I omitted to cancel the "repairs" option and lost around 20secs on Geoff and Erling which put them out of reach for the rest of the race.
For the final laps I eased back and managed the gap back to Matt who was going well in his Alfa, just keeping things safe to the flag.

A great race if a little lonely for the second half , thanks Tony.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 10:02:14 AM +0000 »

Very enjoyable race with an unfortunate ending.

As usual these days I got a poor start, my clutch pedal goes out of calibration so I have to bang the car into gear when the lights change & it is a bit hit & miss if I have the correct amount of revs to get a good start. So I spent the early laps looking for a way past Erling, eventually squeezing by into T1. Until my stop I ran alone gradually opening a gap to Erling but also losing a tenth or two a lap to Daz ahead.

Stopped at half distance for fuel & new tyres & rejoined just behind DD who was now a lap ahead. With DD on worn tyres he was in the way through the twisty bits but blasted away on the straight & Iwas relieved when he headed for the pits a few laps later. Daz had now pitted & I was now only around 5s behind him and over the next few laps the gap started to decrease. With just a few laps left I was close enough to realise that my car was much faster on the straight & with 3 laps left I got alongside into T1 but on the outside so had to concede the corner. Next lap I just got ahead into T1, again on the outside, unfortunately we collided & I went off into the kitty litter & was unable to rejoin before Erling went past, so finished a little disgruntled in 4th place. Sad

Grats to DD, Daz & Erling, & to Ziu in the small class.  clap clap clap
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:58:35 AM +0000 by Geoffers » Logged
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 11:15:44 AM +0000 »

Different track, different car, and a pit stop thrown in for good measure, but otherwise almost a carbon copy of Monday's race, albeit a lot more enjoyable.

Got a decent start, jumping Geoffers (sounds like something from a movie..  Smiley). What followed was a hard fight for 4th over the early laps.  After several attempts at T1, some shoulder rubbing sent me wide and he got through. Tried to hang on, but as tyre wear became increasingly bad, he pulled away.  Behind me, Matt & Clive were not far away, and any mistake from me would bring them closer.

Pit stop got me closer to Geoffers again, but once more he was pulling away.  Behind me the immediate threat disappeared, as the gap was now larger.  Then with a couple of laps remaining, I once again found Geoff extracting himself from the kitty litter, allowing me to nick his place.  Was catching Daz too, but race ended before I could attempt anything.

Grats to DD & Daz; commiserations to Geoffers.

Like Ziu, I've never liked this track - and prefer the short version if it has to be.  The Alfa has seemed a bit clumsy when trying it for the previous races, but actually worked well here - the track/car combo was an enjoyable one, although certain high kerbs had to be avoided.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 06:58:13 PM +0000 by Erling G-P » Logged
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 06:21:27 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2022, 06:30:05 PM +0000 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2022, 10:48:24 PM +0000 »

Common theme it seems, but it has never been a favourite track of mine either.

I surrendered 2nd place on the grid by giving Dan a small helping hand in quali, so started from 3rd. Nearly got the jump on the 2 on front, but settled behind Dan once DD had got in front up until Dan decided to pull over and let me through. Couldn't quite hold on to Dimitar, was hoping his tires would go away before mine but I think the opposite happened....

Pitted lap 25, couldn't make the tires go any longer really, front left was absolutely caned. Missed my braking point and slammed into the tire wall at the pits, spinning me around and making a mess of the car. Was not best pleased with myself. Changed tires and added the required fuel, got out in front of Geoffers, but after only 2 laps I knew I was in trouble as 5.5 seconds wasn't going to be enough of a gap with 13 laps left. My car was now very slow on the straight, and a bit more of a handful in the bends, about a second a lap lost on average.

As Geoff reported, he closed in, had a look on the outside of turn 1 on lap 36 I think, but without pressing the case, but then we arrived at the apex at the same time the next lap and Geoff being on the outside was nerfed off. I've looked at the replay about 15 times, it does look as though my car does change line a touch before then turning into the corner, and that delay means that Geoff on his turn in finds me directly where he wants to be, and then gets ejected stage left. Sorry Geoff, I've been there myself a few times with that corner and you are a passenger to the extremities of the gravel trap.....I did wait, but then Erling hove into view behind and as I was still undecided as I felt it more a racing incident than anyones fault I thought I'd better crack on. Apologies if I've got that wrong Geoff, as you said an ending that was both unfortunate and left the whole thing leaving a bit of a bad taste I am sure.

Grats to DD, just couldn't quite find the pace to challenge, the tires were dreadful here on the Alfa.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2022, 09:15:54 AM +0000 »

Yeh, always risky trying to go around the outside into that corner Daz, so no worries. I would have been a little quicker in the closing laps but had to be a bit careful as I had got 2 cut track warnings earlier in the race, didn't want a third.
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2022, 12:16:55 PM +0000 »

Actually Dijon-Prenois Short and GP are one of my favorite layouts in GT Legends.

I enjoy the race because the guys were amazingly fast with not that powerful cars.

At the quali Dan stunned me with his 25, so I had to start from 2nd. At the start and at 1st corner he was braver and kept the lead but on the star/finish straight my power was just too much for his BMW.

After that great chase with Daz as he was able to keep around my pace. I thought that my pit stop will be longer because my car will need more fuel so I wanted a gap of around 10 seconds before that.

Daz surprised me with earlier pit stop. I knew I have to answer that, I just waited 1 more lap to see if he will change the tires. I thought he did that so I went to the pit and at the beginning I missed the pit entry. I went just a little bit on the grass, but boy, I've never seen more glued grass. I needed around 10 seconds to navigate through no more than 3-4 meters. Somewhere here I thought my chances of winning are over and I totally forgot to change the strategy and not to change the tires to compensate the loss of time.

Strangely for me I change the tires and I exit the pit just ahead of Daz.

Grats to Daz and Coyote on their podiums. It was cool race.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2022, 12:26:38 PM +0000 »

You exited ahead of me due to me also having a long stop DD, I lost around 10-12 seconds smashing into the tires at the pit entry and having to turn the car around completely. I still think you would have caught and passed me if I had not damaged it, I think I actually lost more pace than you as the tires went away, or it certainly felt that way towards the end of the first stint.

Geoff, yes the outside is really difficult there, the entry into it is at a good speed and the slightest touch does give a good 'send', plus the track isn't actually that wide and does feel like there is a pinch point. I defended the inside knowing that of course, but the top speed advantage you had still surprised despite me knowing how much damage I had, it was about 0.5 lost down that straight alone I think.

Alfa is a bit of a strange car, I have some real issues with the braking. Seems like the engine just dies as you hit the brakes, and the revs are not maintained at all, which does change the behaviour of the car quite dramatically for me. Happy to have both of those drives out of the way  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com