by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 11:15:48 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L22WTCC Nürburgring: April 27, 2022
April 27, 2022, 08:42:42 PM +0100 - Nürburgring (GP) - UKGTL Season 22 1987 World Touring Car Champ.
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Alfa Romeo 75 (#87076) GTC-TC-76 4 +0.364
88.157mph
1 56:23.688
85.086mph
28 1:57.120
87.793mph
Pirelli  
Ziu Bacubacu

Alfa Romeo 75 (#87079) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.311
88.197mph
2 +4.807
84.965mph
28 1:56.795
88.037mph
Pirelli  
Daz9

BMW M3 E30 (#87047) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.183
88.294mph
3 +5.136
84.957mph
28 1:56.149
88.527mph
Pirelli  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 (#88010) GTC-TC-76 1 1:56.272
88.433mph
4 +1:04.242
83.500mph
28 1:57.288
87.667mph
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW M3 E30 (#87061) GTC-TC-76 7 +3.141
86.107mph
5 +1:22.558
83.059mph
28 1:58.450
86.807mph
Pirelli  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 (#88014) GTC-TC-76 6 +1.546
87.272mph
6 +1:35.070
82.760mph
28 1:57.793
87.291mph
Pirelli  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 (#88015) GTC-TC-76 8 +3.591
85.784mph
7 +20L 8 1:59.380
86.131mph
suspension
Pirelli  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 (#88006) GTC-TC-76 5 +1.192
87.535mph
8 +22L 6 1:58.162
87.018mph
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:56.272
98.560mph
Erling G-P
Qualifying
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500April 27, 2022, 08:42:42 PM +0100
L22WTCC
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:56.149
98.664mph
Daz9
Race
BMW M3 E30April 27, 2022, 08:42:42 PM +0100
L22WTCC
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 22 1987 World Touring Car Champ. - Nürburgring - Apr 27  (Read 550 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2021, 12:01:02 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download available by pm to WT

Track: Nurburgring GP (ETCC)

Car restrictions: Check your car allowance here

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins) Drivers must not leave qualifying to change car make.
Race: 20:40 (28 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: 2x
Fuel consumption: 2x
Pit stops required: YES

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Drivers must complete over 75% of the published race distance in order to score points. The pit lane lights do not work.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 03:11:00 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 10:30:01 PM +0000 »

This series will involve pit stops. If your new to GTL this could be a valuable read https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=11812.msg212761#msg212761

The BMW is a thirsty beast. With the rev limit set at 9000 you will be a good match for the Alfa and will be able to reach the pits at half race distance.
If you choose to raise the rev limit be aware that you may have to do two pit stops per race.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 10:10:45 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 10:40:48 PM +0100 »

I missed UKGTL. I start a new job and I am available only Weds and Thursdays, so this is the reason I can not participate in NoGrip...  Roll Eyes

Even though I start from P4 I knew I have a chance for victory as I qualified with full tank.

At the start I had to protect Ziu who was protecting Daz  Grin and was down to P6. At the hairpin the leaders collided and I was now in P4. Mistakes by Matt and Clive gave me P2. For the next 15 laps we had great battle with Ziu for the lead.

After 15 laps where we played like cat and mouse I was finally able to outsmart him at the first chicane exit. After that I decide to keep going even though Ziu and Daz surprised me with early stops and maybe tire change. The only problem was before the pit. Some error appeared in the middle of my screen, I was distracted by it and smashed the car at the final chicane. Fortunately the car wasn't that damaged and I lost only around 10 seconds.

Grats to Ziu and Daz on podium and sympathies to Coyote. Grats on his pole as well.

Quali and Race from my view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VruOh9TfHNs

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 07:19:01 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 07:35:58 PM +0100 »

If it has to be Nürburgring (apart from Nordschleife), then this is my preferred layout, as it gets rid of those horrid slow corners after T1.

Surprised and of course delighted to be on pole.  Managed to hold on to the lead after the start, but all for naught, when Daz knocked me out at the hairpin on L1.   2nd to last when I had dug myself out of the gravel.  Caught and passed Kurt at T1, and repeated that with Matt a lap later.

At some point, I passed a severely stuck Clive in amongst the tyre stacks at the chicane.  Chased after Tony, but wasn't really making any impact in the gap.  Had me scratching my head, as I'm usually a little faster than him, and my laptimes weren't overly slow.  Gradually got closer, but by the time I had almost closed the gap, Daz had caught up and started a fight.  When he bumped my car a 2nd time at the hairpin, I angrily tried to flash him past, but he wouldn't do it.  This intermezzo handed Tony a new 4-secs gap, and I had to repeat all the hard work of getting closer once again.

Battle with Daz continued for a few more laps, until he got past at the hairpin in a clean move. I'm sure I would have appreciated the battle more, if I hadn't been as disgruntled over the earlier incident.  Had almost reeled in Tony again (very slowly), when he pitted on lap 13.  Did so myself one lap later. After my stop, I was around 8 secs ahead of him, and now increasing the gap lap by lap.  Wondered if Tony had started on a partial fuel load, and if that could account for his speed in the 1st half.  He would then have to fill up more, which might explain his apparent longer stop - I had started with a full load, and thus didn't have to add all that much.

Up ahead, Daz was steadily moving away, so no chance of catching him.  Then on lap 26, what absolutely couldn't happen, did. Early on, I had gotten two - fair - cut warnings, so had been very careful all race about not getting a 3rd. On worn tyres, I now ran wide in T3, getting on the outside grass.  Off throttle, moving slowly, and so very clearly losing time, but still the game's infinite wisdom decides I need another warning, and thus the S/G.  Cursing the entire rest of the lap, as that meant losing the class win and position - with only two laps left, there was no way I could catch Tony again. That is, until I found him heading for the pits at the end of lap 27. Wondered if he had received a S/G too, but replay seems to indicate him short shifting like mad, so maybe he miscalculated the fuel amount during his stop?

Bit of a roller coaster of a race.  Grats to DD & pod - even Daz..   Grin
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2022, 03:10:13 PM +0100 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2022, 11:27:39 AM +0100 »

Wondered if Tony had started on a partial fuel load, and if that could account for his speed in the 1st half.  He would then have to fill up more, which might explain his apparent longer stop - I had started with a full load, and thus didn't have to add all that much.

Up ahead, Daz was steadily moving away, so no chance of catching him.  Then on lap 26, what absolutely couldn't happen, did. Early on, I had gotten two - fair - cut warnings, so had been very careful all race about not getting a 3rd. On worn tyres, I now ran wide in T3, getting on the outside grass.  Off throttle, moving slowly, and so very clearly losing time, but still the game's infinite wisdom decides I need another warning, and thus the S/G.  Cursing the entire rest of the lap, as that meant losing the class win and position - with only two laps left, there was no way I could catch Tony again. That is, until I found him heading for the pits at the end of lap 27. Wondered if he had received a S/G too, but replay seems to indicate him short shifting like mad, so maybe he miscalculated the fuel amount during his stop?

I did start with a partial fuel load. I fumbled my pit stop as I couldn't coordinate my fingers with my brain when issuing pit instructions. In my haste I added too little fuel and hence, as suspected, I needed a splash and dash before the race end.

Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 05:16:26 PM +0100 »

Yes, none of Wednesday was part of my greatest hits really.

Firstly, was in the Corolla, hoping someone else would also be in that, but no joy. So, a late decision to go for the M3, with no setup or practise having never driven it before, was what I went for in the quest for a laptime closer to the action. Got that over the quali session, but still was a little worried over the setup as it didn't quite feel 100%.

And so it proved, my lack of knowledge of the car caught me out, and into the hairpin the cold front tires locked up when I hit the brakes, and try as I might I couldn't avoid hitting Erling who had made a great first part of the lap in the Cosworth. So we ended up at the back, and I knew he would have been fuming about it as it was entirely avoidable.

Massive apologies Erling, I ruined your race good and proper.

We then end up duking it out trying to catch up to the front of the field, I think we touched again as I was further caught out by the huge speed advantage the M3 had at turn in point over the Sierra. When I made my way up to 3rd, I was convinced I was a little light on fuel, but in doing just a little saving a managed to go a lap longer to make it easier to get to the finish, Tony saying the M3 would need 2 stops still played on my mind.....

I fuel saved for around 4 laps or so in the second stint, and had fresh tires on also, so when I did push towards the end I did have a fair laptime advantage over 1st and 2nd, but getting past was difficult without yet more contact as Ziu defended hard on the line, and going around the outside here isn't much of an option at any corner at all.

All rather unsatisfactory, the M3 was the quickest car over the race distance probably, so if I had not made such a mess of it the result could have been closer for sure.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 06:52:07 PM +0100 »

No worries Daz.  I'll admit to be fuming in the situation, but it wasn't intentional from you, and things like this does happen. In all likelihood, I would have finished in the same position even without the incident, as there's no denying the three of you in front were faster.  Would of course have been nice to be able to fight for the lead, but doubt I could have retained it to the end.

Incidentally, I initially joined in the Corolla too. Would have been easy class points, but didn't fancy being the only one - and being lapped 10 times, so swapped to my alternative; the Sierra.  Forgot to mention in my earlier post, that I really enjoyed driving it, despite everything.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com