by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 16, 2024, 10:33:35 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L22WTCC Bathurst: September 28, 2022
September 28, 2022, 08:41:52 PM +0100 - Bathurst - UKGTL Season 22 1987 World Touring Car Champ.
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW M3 E30 (#87048) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.122
100.960mph
1 54:43.085
96.876mph
23 2:17.655
100.456mph
Pirelli  
fpolicardi
 Team7
BMW M3 E30 (#87043) GTC-TC-76 5 +3.955
98.211mph
2 +1.907
96.820mph
23 2:18.910
99.549mph
Pirelli  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 (#88030) GTC-TC-76 1 2:16.847
101.050mph
3 +32.868
95.916mph
23 2:16.486
101.317mph
Pirelli  
PaulSS

Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 (#88022) GTC-TC-76 3 +2.503
99.235mph
4 +1:04.160
95.019mph
23 2:20.525
98.405mph
Pirelli  
Christian Dauger
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BMW M3 E30 (#87061) GTC-TC-76 4 +2.978
98.897mph
5 +1:12.478
94.783mph
23 2:18.910
99.549mph
Pirelli  
Daz9

Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87077) GTC-TC-76 6 +8.784
94.955mph
6 +1L
91.655mph
22 2:25.875
94.796mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87066) GTC-TC-76 8 +17.942
89.337mph
7 +2L
87.977mph
21 2:34.712
89.381mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87077) GTC-TC-76 7 +15.316
90.878mph
8 +19L 4 2:43.930
84.355mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 22 1987 World Touring Car Champ. - Bathurst - Sep 28  (Read 640 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2021, 12:06:54 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download available by pm to WT

Track: '87 Bathurst

Car restrictions: Check your car allowance here

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins) Drivers must not leave qualifying to change car make.
Race: 20:40 (23 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: 2x
Fuel consumption: 2x
Pit stops required: YES

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Drivers must complete over 75% of the published race distance in order to score points.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 09:57:37 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 03:08:57 PM +0100 »

IMPORTANT

On Sunday afternoon I am running a server test.

Details here https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=32091.msg609011#msg609011

It begins at 15:00 BST and should take no longer than 30mins to complete (if that).

If you are able to assist in this test it would be much appreciated. The more who take part, the stronger the test.

Usual passwords.

Thanks in advance

WT
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 03:49:30 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 10:41:59 AM +0100 »

Grats to Erling and Fulvio and all finishers.

Before the race I looked at which cars I still had available and which circuits were left in the series. Armed with all the data I made a strategic decision. I still had one car from each group, so I was forced to use pure scientific knowledge. Bathurst has a couple of long straights and the Sierra is the fastest car, although a few laps in practice with the BMW showed that it was only a few seconds off the times of the Sierra. Hmmmmmmm Huh I reasoned that the remaining 2 tracks would be more difficult with Cosworth power, so opted for brute force and sheer ignorance.

After a qualifying tussle with Erling over pole position it looked like a tough race ahead  Undecided

I knew that my high gearing would handicap me off the line and sure enough Erling, Chris and Fulvio got past before T1 and even a couple of Toyotas had the temerity to threaten a pass!!!. But once the Cossie got it's horses working I was able to retaliate.
Practice had shown that it took over a lap to get the tyres working properly , which seemed odd given the rate at which it consumes the rubber?? So I was happy to follow the leaders until we reached the fast bits and then use the extra speed to pick off those ahead. By the time I had dealt with Erling a few laps had elapsed and the tyres were now working properly.
Although I was steadily easing away from the chasing group, I was VERY aware that the BMW could do the race without a pitstop which was not an option for the Sierra. In theory I needed around 45 secs over the other cars to still have a chance of beating any "no stoppers".
On lap 12 I entered the pits with only around 20 secs in hand (and 0.7 laps worth of fuel)....not enough!! In my panic of trying to not waste time I managed to correctly turn off REPAIRS, fit new TYRES and then my dyslexic fingers clipped the ENTER key before I had added FUEL    scared scared censored cursing
TBH I almost quit right there in sheer frustration, but decided to try and pootle around on my teacup of gas and try a second stop for fuel. If I did not make it I would not have lost anything more. With a lot of high gears and a lift and coast I just spluttered into pitlane again to see Erling servicing his car. But that second stop also saw saw Fulvio, who did not look like stopping, sweep past into the lead.
My crew took what seemed like an age to deposit a few gallons of fuel into the tank and I emerged from pitlane into a Mount Panorama completely engulfed in red mist ( it must be something to do with the altitude!!??).
For the next 7-8 laps I was just about on the ragged edge as I hunted down Chris and the Paul ( in the other Cossie). By that time I had almost halved the gap to Erling and Fulvio, but it was clear that unless they knocked each other off I was not going to close the last 25 secs before the flag, plus I had severely abused the rubber in those early laps and I was pushing my luck if I maintained such high velocity. So, I backed off and settled for 3rd and a class win at least.
I took a quick mental check on my time lost with the ultra slow lap and the extra pitstop vs the time gap to Erling in 1st place, and it did nothing to improve my mood  cursing cursing.
I guess the lesson is to do more practice with pitstops??

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 05:02:18 PM +0100 »

Exhilarating track; those up/downhill sections can be a real hoot if you get it right - and a royal pain if you mess up..

Tried all 3 cars available to me and found the BMW the most agile, but fuel would be critical.  I'm not sure what on earth Clive is on about, with it not needing a stop  Huh Huh - unless I shortshifted and saved fuel, I could not make the required minimum of 12 laps, if it was to be a one-stop race.

When Clive swapped the Beemer for the Cossie, I was sure it was a tactical move. Contemplated hard if I should follow him, trying to deny him victory, but didn't know how fast he would be in the Cossie, and could by no means assume I would be able to beat him. If not, two 2nd places would be the best I could hope for.  With the Beemer, laptimes suggested I would have a good chance of winning the class, thus perhaps scoring a 1st & 2nd place. Opted for this bet, although Fulvio joining during qual in a Beemer too, was a potential spanner in the works, depending on his performance, but too late for me to change car.  As it was, I kept improving my laptimes, to the point of fighting Clive for pole, which was unexpected.  Not a big deal that he ran away with it - experience from the first race in the series had demonstrated that I had a good chance at upstaging him when the flag dropped, as the BMW is a rocket off the line, compared to the Sierra.

I had to save fuel though, so couldn't let it all hang out. Initially had Chris close behind, but after a few laps Clive had worked his way past him.  I was a sitting duck on the long straights, so couldn't prevent him from taking the lead. If I got carried away, the small fuel buffer I was trying to retain started to evaporate, so had to restrain myself.  Clive wasn't too far up ahead and went to the pits a lap before me, after which I didn't see him again, for good reasons, as per his report.

Did my own stop, relaxing in the pits with a cup of coffee, while the crew serviced the car, only to spill it all in my lap when devious Fulvio went past, exiting the pits!!  He was obviously on a no tyre-change strategy. Damn damn damn, now I would have to try and hunt him down.  At least I didn't have to save fuel in the shorter 2nd stint, so I could give it the beans. Caught up in a few laps and had a brief battle, exploiting my fresher tyres to make a move before the final turn.

Having grabbed the lead, things looked rosy - until the next lap, where I tossed it all away. Clipped the inner barrier in the tight, uphill left hander, which rolled the car over, handing the lead back to Fulvio. Took forever (10 secs) to right the car so I could get going again. A good thing a kindergarten wasn't listening in - I'm not sure their parents would have appreciated the new words they would have learned..  whistling

Managed to catch Fulvio again, but with no longer pristine tyres, it wasn't so easy getting past - and he was holding up remarkably well on his very worn rubber.  Eventually made a move at T1, reclaiming the lead.  Worried it might have been too aggressive, but looking at the replay, I think it was ok - we gave each other room and there was no contact. Hope Fulvio agrees.

Didn't expect an outright win, but happy with it, as I sorely need some points in the Championship.

Grats to Fulvio for 2nd and thnx for a great race. Congrats/commiserations to Clive for 3rd.
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 07:10:33 PM +0100 »

Exhilarating track; those up/downhill sections can be a real hoot if you get it right - and a royal pain if you mess up..

Tried all 3 cars available to me and found the BMW the most agile, but fuel would be critical.  I'm not sure what on earth Clive is on about, with it not needing a stop  Huh Huh - unless I shortshifted and saved fuel, I could not make the required minimum of 12 laps, if it was to be a one-stop race.

When Clive swapped the Beemer for the Cossie, I was sure it was a tactical move. Contemplated hard if I should follow him, trying to deny him victory, but didn't know how fast he would be in the Cossie, and could by no means assume I would be able to beat him. If not, two 2nd places would be the best I could hope for.  With the Beemer, laptimes suggested I would have a good chance of winning the class, thus perhaps scoring a 1st & 2nd place. Opted for this bet, although Fulvio joining during qual in a Beemer too, was a potential spanner in the works, depending on his performance, but too late for me to change car.  As it was, I kept improving my laptimes, to the point of fighting Clive for pole, which was unexpected.  Not a big deal that he ran away with it - experience from the first race in the series had demonstrated that I had a good chance at upstaging him when the flag dropped, as the BMW is a rocket off the line, compared to the Sierra.

I had to save fuel though, so couldn't let it all hang out. Initially had Chris close behind, but after a few laps Clive had worked his way past him.  I was a sitting duck on the long straights, so couldn't prevent him from taking the lead. If I got carried away, the small fuel buffer I was trying to retain started to evaporate, so had to restrain myself.  Clive wasn't too far up ahead and went to the pits a lap before me, after which I didn't see him again, for good reasons, as per his report.

Did my own stop, relaxing in the pits with a cup of coffee, while the crew serviced the car, only to spill it all in my lap when devious Fulvio went past, exiting the pits!!  He was obviously on a no tyre-change strategy. Damn damn damn, now I would have to try and hunt him down.  At least I didn't have to save fuel in the shorter 2nd stint, so I could give it the beans. Caught up in a few laps and had a brief battle, exploiting my fresher tyres to make a move before the final turn.

Having grabbed the lead, things looked rosy - until the next lap, where I tossed it all away. Clipped the inner barrier in the tight, uphill left hander, which rolled the car over, handing the lead back to Fulvio. Took forever (10 secs) to right the car so I could get going again. A good thing a kindergarten wasn't listening in - I'm not sure their parents would have appreciated the new words they would have learned..  whistling

Managed to catch Fulvio again, but with no longer pristine tyres, it wasn't so easy getting past - and he was holding up remarkably well on his very worn rubber.  Eventually made a move at T1, reclaiming the lead.  Worried it might have been too aggressive, but looking at the replay, I think it was ok - we gave each other room and there was no contact. Hope Fulvio agrees.

Didn't expect an outright win, but happy with it, as I sorely need some points in the Championship.

Grats to Fulvio for 2nd and thnx for a great race. Congrats/commiserations to Clive for 3rd.
I agree  Grin
No way to keep you behind me there at T1, I had already defended hard in other moments and there would had ended in tears  Smiley
When I saw you on your roof I thought that your race was over, but you resuscitated like Lazzaro... or a Devil  Grin
Thx for the fun!

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2022, 07:27:26 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2022, 01:08:06 PM +0100 »

Erling is of course correct, I should have said that a quick stop for fuel ONLY was my preferred option for the BMW. Even I could not stretch that car to do 22 laps LOL. BTW when I checked the cost of my pitstop fiasco I discovered that I had lost well over 2:00 minutes, so allowing for a 1:15/1:20 stop for a proper feuel and tyres stop I would have been in a good position for the win............but that is history and what makes this game so enthralling.

The change to the Sierra was not exactly tactical, or with any cunning strategy in mind ( I wish it was lol ) . I had tried the Cosworth power earlier but I am acutely aware ( scared) of how hard that car is on the tyres, so I was trying the Beemer to see what it had to offer. The Sierra was a 95% certainty for Bathurst in my head, but I have to admit that the BMW was more attractive with each lap I completed.
It was only because I was looking at the remaining 2 races, and the cars that were available, that I took the Sierra.

Thanks to Tony for this series. I am loving the mix of classes in each race. It gives multiple options to race for, with 3 classes and overall positions up for grabs. Maybe I need to get more organised for any future series with similar format in order to get my car choices sorted at the season start and not rock up at a circuit and choose a car from those still available on the transporter.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 01:15:55 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2022, 02:21:35 PM +0100 »

Thanks to Tony for this series. I am loving the mix of classes in each race. It gives multiple options to race for, with 3 classes and overall positions up for grabs. Maybe I need to get more organised for any future series with similar format in order to get my car choices sorted at the season start and not rock up at a circuit and choose a car from those still available on the transporter.  Roll Eyes
Thanks Clive, much appreciated.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2022, 02:22:03 PM +0100 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2022, 04:17:47 PM +0100 »

Thanks Clive, much appreciated.

2nd what Clive said Tony; like the cars too, especially the Beemer & Cossie.  A series like this can be frustrating at times though, when you have your mind set on a tactical car choice, only to turn up online and find that there are NO tactical choices to be made, as all classes are covered by quicker drivers, lol  Hit with a wet fish
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com