by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 08:37:57 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L22WTCC Adelaide: October 26, 2022
October 26, 2022, 08:42:23 PM +0100 - Adelaide (1985-95) - UKGTL Season 22 1987 World Touring Car Champ.
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Alfa Romeo 75 (#87075) GTC-TC-76 1 1:43.628
80.245mph
1 57:28.433
77.165mph
32 1:45.087
79.130mph
Pirelli  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
BMW M3 E30 (#87041) GTC-TC-76 3 +3.795
77.410mph
2 +1L
73.693mph
31 1:46.839
77.833mph
Pirelli  
PaulSS

Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 (#88022) GTC-TC-76 3 +49.498
72.665mph
31 1:47.043
77.684mph
Pirelli  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87077) GTC-TC-76 4 +6.564
75.464mph
4 +2L
71.951mph
30 1:51.249
74.747mph
Dunlop  
Daz9

Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87077) GTC-TC-76 2 +3.065
77.939mph
5 +37.668
71.178mph
30 1:47.504
77.351mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#87077) GTC-TC-76 5 +7.230
75.011mph
6 +13L 19 1:51.273
74.731mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:43.628
80.245mph
Erling G-P
Qualifying
Alfa Romeo 75October 26, 2022, 08:42:23 PM +0100
L22WTCC
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:45.087
79.130mph
Erling G-P
Race
Alfa Romeo 75October 26, 2022, 08:42:23 PM +0100
L22WTCC
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 22 1987 World Touring Car Champ. - Adelaide - Oct 26  (Read 497 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2021, 12:08:16 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download available by pm to WT

Track: Adelaide (GP)

Car restrictions: Check your car allowance here

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins) Drivers must not leave qualifying to change car make.
Race: 20:40 (32 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: 2x
Fuel consumption: 2x
Pit stops required: YES

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Drivers must complete over 75% of the published race distance in order to score points.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 03:03:23 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 12:11:59 PM +0100 »

IMPORTANT

Please read this https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=32442.msg614052#msg614052

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 10:21:38 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 02:24:56 PM +0100 »

Grats to Erling and Paul for their class wins  thumbup2

A strange race for me even with the depleted grid. The Toyota was never going to bother the other muscle cars and the speed with which Paul blew past on the straights was humiliating. I got out of my car to see what was holding me back!!

Daz had his Toyota hooked up in quali and was a good 4 secs ( YES!! 4 ruddy secs  eek) a lap quicker than I was achieving, and Matt was around my pace. So, second in class was possible, but it might all depend on the pitstops.
My plan was to run smooth and clean without any stops and hope that the tyres would last to lap 32. Matt was a rew tenths quicker in the race and slowly eased away, but I was hoping that he had only fuelled his car for half distance and would need to stop. I worked my little feet off trying to keep him in sight ( note to self " cut a bigger hole in the floor to allow longer strides and get thicker soles on boots") and was doing quite well with an 8 second gap until the GTL gods pulled, what I consider a very underhand move.
Early in the race on full fuel and cold tyres I had picked up a "Cut Track" warning swinging wide on to the main straight, but not too bothered as i knew with warmer tyres that would not happen again.  All race I had happily bounced the Toyota across the kerbs at the T1 chicane clipping each one with 2 wheels and continued on my way when the gods did their thing. The normal dab on the brakes caused the car to snatch just slightly to the left at the end of the S/F straight and the trajectory took me further over the kerb than I had intended ......a deserved "Cut Track".  But then, the heavy contact with the kerb dragged the car to clip the concrete wall and sent me to the right and over the second kerb.....and gave me yet another "Cut Track" within 0.5 secs demanding a SnG!!!  cursing taz  SnG's were not in MY Script.
Did my penance and exited the pits a long way back from my target Matt. Then I guess I was still seething over the double wammy  and I collected another Cut Track, and of course, another SnG!!
Pulled into the pits and saw that Matt was just leaving...was that an SnG or had he stopped early for fuel and tyres???  Next lap Matt was in pits again?? and I was able to steal his 2nd place in class. Then Daz showed in pits and I fully expected him to leave and stay in front before I completed the lap. But he was still dunking Hob Nobs as i sailed past??
I had amassed a 40+ second lead over Matt and Daz somehow with around 12 laps to run and was waiting for Daz to turn on his turbo and close me down when Matt disco'd. Daz confirmed that he had "issues" with his car post race which explains his lack of pace, or the stewards discovered that Cosworth engine under the bonnet!!!
My fuel strategy showed that I would have 0.5 laps left if I did the full 32 laps, so when Erling was kind enough to lap me twice I was more than happy to move over and give him a clear road  Wink In the end I cruised it home on rather worn tyres trying to avoid any of my usual dumb mistakes. But, just for the record I did test the concrete wall of the pitlane on one lap when I stood on the gas with an outside tyre on the grass out of the final corner and head butted that wall.  Wink
On to the final round of a great fun series...thanks Tony. Hope we get some of this type of thing on your Monday slots next season.

BTW If you are wondering how i get so far with such a small fuel tank, I used RAF tactics...........drop tanks under the wings  Grin shifty

« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 02:29:18 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 02:39:02 PM +0100 »

great fun series...thanks Tony. Hope we get some of this type of thing on your Monday slots next season.
Always happy to receive requests or suggestions for series moving forward.

And if I feel I can create something interesting based on a suggestion it will be used.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 05:18:17 PM +0100 »

Tried both remaining car choices here and on the final track, finding that the Sierra was probably best saved for Fuji, thus using the Alfa here.

Some likeable parts of this track, but too many 1st gear corners for my taste.

Seeing Daz 2nd on the grid in the lowly Toyota was quite surreal (even considering Paul didn't set a time in his Sierra).  Was genuinely worried Daz could run away with the overall victory - he very likely needed no tyre change; maybe no stop at all (which Clive's report suggests).  However, when I noticed him in the pits surprisingly early, the threat evaporated - with a lap on him, I should have plenty time for my own stop. Checked the replay to see what has transpired between him & Tony; truly bad luck guys.

Race itself was quite uneventful, and with a large gap to the car behind, it was mostly a concentration game, trying to avoid stirring the wrath of the track marshalls.

Surprised to claim victory and be that far ahead at the finish, but if everyone else were serving S/Gs, doing repairs etc, I guess that explains it.

Grats to Tony & Paul for their podiums, and to all class winners.
Grats also to Daz for having scooped up the Division 2 & overall Championships - and same to Clive for Division 3!!  clap clap
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 05:55:44 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2022, 11:15:30 PM +0100 »

Have always enjoyed Adelaide, despite not really liking street circuits on the whole. Given I had one drive left in each of the Sierra and the Corolla, it was never going to be the RS....

In testing, I had done high 46s running quite light, or mid 47s with race fuel. I was pretty sure I would have to do a splash and dash with a couple of laps left, running at that sort of pace just burns the fuel that bit more, I guess. Was making so many mistakes in quali that I didn't think the lap was going to come but got one in near the end. I was on a better one when it next sessioned, but at no point could I challenge Erling, he had a decent cushion on outright pace.

However, I knew that the Alfa can suffer with front tire wear, or it did for me anyway! I also knew it could go quite deep into the race before stopping. Tony in the BMW was 100% going to be the spoiler in terms of mounting any kind of challenge to Erling, I was sure he could find more pace.

Even start really, and that meant Tony got past me with his extra gee-gees. Nothing I could do about it, but actually as the first couple of laps unfolded, I realised this could be the best race I could have as the two of us were really close over the lap. Tony was flying down the straights, and I was being an annoying buffoon in his mirrors on the corners as I hustled up behind in the twisty stuff. Great fun to be honest, and it could have run and run....

Then just a small error from Tony in that tight left after the hairpin before running behind the pits. I think he ended up on the kerbs, and then the car got a bit loose and came back onto the track at a bit of an angle, and just closed the space too quickly for me to be able to react. The bump on my car sent me directly into the wall, mostly on the front left, and whilst we were recovering (Tony was kind enough to wait) the rest of you all went passed us whistling like Monty Python. 100% a racing incident, Tony was (I think) giving it plenty to keep the idiot lunatic in the Corolla behind, and these things can so easily happen. The wall being so close due to being a street circuit was the issue as much as anything, it would not have caused anywhere near that damage if it was just contact between the two of us, I'm sure.

Unfortunately, it became obvious very quickly that the Corolla was very much the worse for wear. Puncture front left I think, and the steering was well cocked to the side. I lost nothing by pitting at that point in terms of fuel strategy, but the repairs took an age, and by the time I came out I was miles away from you all. Even worse, the car, despite me doing all the repairs in the stop, was just rubbish. For whatever reason the arse end had zero grip on the road, and it took about 5 laps to figure out how to go only 2.5 seconds slower than I had been behind Tony earlier. Any thoughts of a comeback drive went out the window, and I did think of pulling over as the car was not giving me the fun factor. But I rarely quit out, and I brought it to the flag being thankful to be 2 laps down. Avoiding cuts during all those laps was so difficult due to the wayward nature of the car, and I was lucky to end on 2 warnings.

Grats to Erling, Tony and Paul on the podium.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 11:18:50 PM +0100 by Daz9 » Logged
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 05:46:16 PM +0100 »

I like Adelaide very much, but the cut tracks are frustrating
You have to take some kerb to get any sort of decent time, but if you turn off cut tracks
the 1st chicane becomes flat and crazy. I, like Clive was trying to go fast, and avoid
going too far over the kerbs. I am not good enough to be millimeter perfect, and caught
a S/G. went in and came out only to get another cut warning with 1st chicane coming out of the pits
perhaps the S/G actually came a few corners later, but I'd had enough by then so left

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com