Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 11:50:59 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Which championships do you want a full time spot in?  (Voting closed: March 24, 2007, 02:34:57 PM +0000)
Endurance (GT1) - 30 (25.9%)
Endurance (GT2/GTC) - 31 (26.7%)
GT1 Sprint - 19 (16.4%)
GT2/GTC Sprint - 36 (31%)
Total Voters: 63

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 5 Official Registration  (Read 16716 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2007, 12:10:20 PM +0000 »

Now that the season is underway, please post here to relinquish full time spots, switch classes in Endurance, and so on.

I'm going to handle registration slightly differently than in previous seasons, partly to reduce the administrative overhead, and partly to help keep the grid sizes up, and so I will only be taking registrations for full time spots, with any registered forum member being eligible to join events as a reserve (subject to a future announcement regarding an Academy for rookie drivers, and also to a gentlemen's agreement on car choice should we need two Endurance divisions, which seems likely).

Drivers who request two full time spots are more likely to get them if they ask for one Sprint and one Endurance drive. Drivers who ask for a full time spot in both Sprint series will only be granted two spots if numbers permit. Do not expect to get any full time spots if you were given one in Season 4 and made little or no use of it (though drivers who have explained the reasons will probably be given at least one spot).

Do not ask for full time spots in both Endurance classes unless you can drive two cars at once! And please do not ask for a full time spot in a championship unless you intend to make at least 5 of the (intended) 8 races.

Because there is still a fair amount of preparation to do, I'm delaying the provisional start of the season by just two days, with the first Sprint race on the 27th March, with Endurance to follow on April 1st. We will follow the tradition of running Sprints on Tuesday nights and Endurance on Sunday nights.

Sprints will continue to be 40 minutes and Endurance will normally be 80 minutes and mixed class, although we will have a vote (split by division if needed) on whether to run one or two 2 hour specials, and the exact format of those.

You must 'vote' in the poll above to register. Just posting in this thread will not do it!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 03:11:22 PM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

To finish first, first you must have fins.
linco24

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 12:17:39 PM +0000 »

I have choosen GT2(nGT) in both endurance and sprint - full time if possible. I would also like to be a reserve in GT1 sprint as this is the class I have least experience with but will attend races whenever possible.

Colin Cool
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 12:18:17 PM +0000 »

I've gone for GT1 Endurance for the first time  Shocked I fancy a full season of getting to grips with the big beasties in an endurance race.
Also GT2 sprint, despite getting blown into the reeds by all the aliens that turned out last season Sad

I would like a GT1 sprint slot too if one becomes available, as i tend to make it every week for the races. angel

Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 12:25:14 PM +0000 »

I would like to keep my full time sprint GT1 position and hopefully add GT1 endurance masters as a full time slot and hopefully even endurance academy. A bit greedy I know, but thought I would ask.

I'm still trying to get races under my belt to learn so academy helps me get the laps in.

Will it still be the same format where the masters endurance is ran before the academy? I know there are a few of us who race in both and I think it maybe would be beneficial to do the opposite. I usually find I'm better second time around and this would help narrow the gap and give us inexperienced guys a little help come masters race.

Reading your message, are both endurance events now going to run on the same night?
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 12:45:12 PM +0000 »

I voted for two GT1 events this season. Up until now I was in NGT all the time, wanna try something new.  Smiley
Don't really know the timetable. I know I would like to be present in as much events as possible. So, I would like to be full time in GT1 Endurance and a reserve elsewhere where events are not run at the same time. Confusing, I know, but I don't really know how the races will be set. If I missed it, then I'm sorry.  Sad

TT
Adam Parle
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 01:14:53 PM +0000 »

GT2/GTC all the way for me - new computer, new season, new start  Smiley.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 01:21:26 PM +0000 »

Will it still be the same format where the masters endurance is ran before the academy? I know there are a few of us who race in both and I think it maybe would be beneficial to do the opposite.

My aim is to run the Clubmen (née Academy) race a week before each Masters race, but if you have a full time spot in the Masters, you will be expected to take either a G3 and G2 car if you join the Clubmen event as a reserve.

Reading your message, are both endurance events now going to run on the same night?

We will not run any simultaneous events in Season 5. The server wasn't quite up to it and we don't really have the moderating power to run five championships.

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 01:36:48 PM +0000 »

GT for a change for me too. I'm cutting down on the racing a little here and just concentrating on the juicy Endurance ones. I'd like to pop in to the others if I get the chance so I like the sound of the new reserve approach muchly.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 01:57:21 PM +0000 »

GT for a change for me too. I'm cutting down on the racing a little here and just concentrating on the juicy Endurance ones. I'd like to pop in to the others if I get the chance so I like the sound of the new reserve approach muchly.

Whaddya know! I learn everydayish.  Grin
Great, Paul! Three GT Legends allready.  Cool

TT
DynoDaz
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 02:39:09 PM +0000 »

Full time GT2/GTC Sprint and Endurance places for me please.  thumbup1
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 02:46:39 PM +0000 »

Ideally GT2/GTC sprint and GT1 enduro for me!  Though I'll try and attend as many GT1 sprint races as a reserve as possible Smiley

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 04:09:18 PM +0000 »

ps. In case anyone is being dense, you absolutely must vote in the 'poll' to register. Just posting in this thread does not count.

Munkez

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 04:22:41 PM +0000 »

Excellent!!! have voted for both GTC sprint and endurance! looking forward to the new season and with hardware issues now sorted (and well behind me now!) will be looking to score points in every race! (unlike last season :'( )

Munk

(I will say, i would consider GT1 if the numbers need to be made up, but would like to compete in the sprint and enduro in the same class..... if that makes any sense?)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 04:33:33 PM +0000 by Munkez » Logged
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 04:28:57 PM +0000 »

Whaddya know! I learn everydayish.  Grin
Great, Paul! Three GT Legends allready.  Cool
English is brilliantly corruptable lol

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
tarec
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 04:34:40 PM +0000 »

I choose

Endurance (GT2/GTC)
GT2/GTC Sprint

Thx all
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com