by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 06:15:00 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L22MT Watkins Glen: May 11, 2022
May 11, 2022, 08:42:01 PM +0100 - Watkins Glen (GP 1975-81) - UKGTL Season 22 The Memorial Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Daz9

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR (#75) GTC-TC-76 1 1:53.310
108.188mph
1 57:32.061
106.534mph
30 1:54.004
107.529mph
Goodyear  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR (#30) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.670
107.552mph
2 +49.551
105.027mph
30 1:54.531
107.035mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Chevrolet Monza (#14) GTC-TC-76 4 +2.218
106.111mph
3 +1:41.183
103.501mph
30 1:56.778
104.975mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Chevrolet Monza (#14) GTC-TC-76 5 +3.781
104.694mph
4 +1L
100.455mph
29 1:57.447
104.377mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR (#75) GTC-TC-76 7 +5.377
103.287mph
5 +2L
97.910mph
28 1:58.268
103.652mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Chevrolet Monza (#66) GTC-TC-76 6 +4.815
103.778mph
6 +30.043
97.078mph
28 1:58.185
103.725mph
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Chevrolet Monza (#5) GTC-TC-76 8 +6.110
102.653mph
7 +22L 8 1:59.725
102.391mph
suspension
Goodyear  
MichaW

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR (#430) GTC-TC-76 3 +1.065
107.180mph
8 +27L 3 1:56.170
105.524mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 22 The Memorial Trophy - Watkins Glen - May 11  (Read 621 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2021, 12:35:31 PM +0000 »

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download available by pm to WT

Track: '75 Watkins Glen (GP)

Cars: Chevrolet Monza, Porsche Carrera RSR

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (30 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops required: NO

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None

« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 02:40:11 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 01:12:44 AM +0100 »

Is this the RSR GTO? I was about to suggest it to Tony as we drove it tonight at Altbierbude and it was much fun.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 10:14:47 AM +0100 »

Is this the RSR GTO? I was about to suggest it to Tony as we drove it tonight at Altbierbude and it was much fun.
Yep, Porsche Carrera RSR GTO

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 10:33:31 AM +0100 »

The download link has already been provided to most of you, along with all the other links, at the beginning of the year.

So please check your folders before asking for the link.

Thanks

WT

MichaW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 08:57:01 PM +0100 »

sorry guys,
have no nerves for it today. to drive behind a car and lose 2 sec per lap is too frustrating for me today. it's not my day, cu next time.

Glück auf!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 09:59:47 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 10:24:06 PM +0100 »

sorry guys,
have no nerves for it today. to drive behind a car and lose 2 sec per lap is too frustrating for me today. it's not my day, cu next time.

Glück auf!

Sorry to hear you feel that way about it Micha.  I was about to let you past, although I normally don't give away positions.  But are we racing or not?  Do you faster guys just expect slower drivers to pull over and let you past?   If so, why don't we just stop after qualifying and declare the pole sitter the winner. 
MichaW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2022, 10:48:53 PM +0100 »

sorry guys,

Glück auf!

Sorry to hear you feel that way about it Micha.  I was about to let you past, although I normally don't give away positions.  But are we racing or not?  Do you faster guys just expect slower drivers to pull over and let you past?   If so, why don't we just stop after qualifying and declare the pole sitter the winner. 

Hiho,

ahh, that came over completely wrong. I don't criticize you when you defend your position, it's normal. And I do not expect anyone to let me pass if I'm faster. It was solely due to my condition. I should not have started at all. I had a really shitty day today and thought that would relax me. But it wasn't. So please excuse me if this has come to you incorrectly.

Glück auf!
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2022, 06:28:15 AM +0100 »

I had the firm intention to finish this race in any case.
Unfortunately, no pit board appeared at the pit stop, so I had to leave.

Thanks Tony for organizing  thumbup1

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2022, 07:27:42 AM +0100 »

sorry guys,

Glück auf!

Hiho,

ahh, that came over completely wrong. I don't criticize you when you defend your position, it's normal. And I do not expect anyone to let me pass if I'm faster. It was solely due to my condition. I should not have started at all. I had a really shitty day today and thought that would relax me. But it wasn't. So please excuse me if this has come to you incorrectly.

Glück auf!

Glad to hear that; thanks for the explanation - and sorry about your bad day; hope today will be better!  Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2022, 10:11:05 AM +0100 »

I was having a great chase with Clive but decided it would be a good idea to pit at half distance for fresh rubbers. Managed to  censored up my pitstop yet again by choosing to replace the suspension, which didn't feel bad before the stop. So too long in the pits and no chance of catching anyone. Nice cars tho.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2022, 10:16:18 AM +0100 »

I was surprised to see the porker was the faster car, in the right hands.... I was 2 secs faster in the few laps I did for pre race practice using the Monza
But I assumed I was just wrong so took the Pork. The speed the Monzas were passing on the straight was a shock, hmm perhaps I should have stuck
with it. Made a good start, then people went past, I got in Micha's way a bit, but he went past eventually. Then I kept getting black flags at that nasty
chicane at the top of T1 which I'm not used to, and it's blind, so approach is critical. I don't remember seeing that anytime before, so was catching me out
Did a stop and go and was quite a bit behind, but I expected others would be caught out as well. Then I made a mess of a corner and nose dived into a barrier
losing the front end body and bending the steering/suspension. Car was now average of 10 secs slower with reduced front grip, but soldiered on thinking some
may drop out yet. Tony had what seemed an unusually long stop which made me a long way in front when he had finished his lunch break and came out
of the pits 80 something secs behind, which he reduced, but not fast enough to catch before the end. Glorious cars, and one of my fave tracks
Just the codding chicane got in the way.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2022, 12:38:29 PM +0100 »

Liked the track and both cars, although something fundamental must be eluding me with the Porsche. My best offline time was 4.5 secs slower than Daz' pole time.  Even considering the alien factor, it seems excessive  Shocked

The Monza was thus the faster option for me, albeit also the trickier to drive.  Got ahead of Micha at the start, and had a battle with him over a few laps. As mentioned, I was about to just let him past, so he could go chase the other two aliens, when he regrettably left.  Our battle highlighted the vast difference between the cars - the Monza's straight line advantage was as massive as its disadvantage in the corners.  After Micha's exit, the race became utterly lonely - only other car seen was Matt, when lapping him late in the race.  Tony I passed while he was in the pits.

Grats to Daz; in a class of his own, and to DD for 2nd.
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2022, 12:53:38 PM +0100 »

Much like Matt, I had not done this version with that chicane, so sorting the line through there during practise and quali was the big challenge trackwise. The default setup wasn't too bad on the Porsche, but a few small tweaks got a bit more front end on it and helped me get into the low 54s.

Was going OK on full tanks in quali, but then Dimitar did a 53 and forced my hand on doing a low fuel run. Car was a bit less stable, but a good deal quicker overall, and I took the pole back.

Got a decent jump, Dimitars was better, but I held him off into turn 1, and that essentially proved to be crucial. First couple of laps we were close on laptime, but then I started to edge away a little every lap, and that was the way it stayed all race. Just for once, I hit the right button at the right time, and didn't confuse myself into an off track experience, so ended up bringing the car home intact for a change.

This may be the friendliest 911 in the game, it would move around, but never really tried to bite my arms off like the standard car and other variants do, so it was an absolute hoot to pound around here, really, really enjoyed it.

Grats to all that finished.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2022, 03:08:21 PM +0100 »

This event sort of took me by surprise and when I rocked up to join the server I discovered that I had not installed the dedicated GAMEDATA file. Fortunately I had placed Tony's excellent season download in it's own document folder, so all I had to do was copy the relevant folders over into my basic GTL install that I used for the D cup challenge ( still waiting to see those D cups  Roll Eyes ) and the 12 track series.

All I needed to do was pick a car. Well, front engined muscle car vs rear engined Porker was a no brainer, or so I thought. Those Porkers have a reputation of being a total pain in the a**, so I opted for the Chevy.
The basic setup was OK but through the course of practice and multiple understeering moments I gradually extracted some handling to use alongside the grunt on the straights. I think my skill set is best used with grunt on straights where I show prodigious talent.
An early screw up in the cornering department dropped me to the back of the field, from where I slowly reeled in Kurt, Matt and then Tony. Tony and I had a few laps disputing who should lead between the pair of us and I gave him multiple openings to pass as I inspected flora and barriers. Slowly I got my braking/turn in/acceleration points sorted and began to ease away from Tony.
Once I was giving the car a gentle ride and not being too aggressive my lap times improved and I even glimpsed a distant Erling.

I have to agree with Matt and that tricky chicane. It was not too bad on nice new tyres, but as the race progressed the car was reluctant to hold a tight line out of T2 and I found that made it difficult to take a quick line through the kerbs of the chicane. I picked up 3 Cut Track warnings all because the car squirreled out of T2 and I was really a passenger across the chicane. The SnG was stressful as despite a big lead over Matt's Porker I could not hit the sweet spot to bring up the clipboard!! and each time I engaged reverse the engine stalled!!...back up select 1st..stall engine...miss stopping place select reverse ...stall engine  cursing

I think I squandered a 90 second lead and emerged from the pits only 4 secs in front of Matt. He was clearly not running at race pace as I was able to ease away again, whilst being very cautious over that chicane with very worn tyres. Almost caught Tony on the last lap and could not resist pushing hard to try and lap him as the race had been very lonely and it was exciting to see another car ahead  Undecided

Enjoyed the Monza, might have enjoyed the Porsche had I tried it, maybe next time  Wink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com