Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 08:09:49 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I actually race online???  (Read 4944 times)
Captain_Crustacean

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2007, 09:58:52 PM +0000 »

Huh

I have GTR 1, had it a while, but never had a steering wheel to play, finally got one, enjoying it but wouldn't mind a go online.

I'm a complete online gaming noob, never done it before at all, could someone give me a little hint where to start, been searching around a couple of days and I'm absolutly clues, dont really know what I'm searching for to be honest. I think I have to get some registration code to enter a lobby, but thats all I know.

Sorry to bore and waste your time, but anything would be apprciated.

Thanks

Peter
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 11:54:19 AM +0000 »

You need to start the game and click into multiplayer and I think it's "Internet" connection (sorry, it's been ages since most of us used GTR1  Grin).
Then you need to create your profile - put in your Nickname and a password, and also your online serial key when the game asks. This should be on a credit-card like card in your GTR1 box (comes with the game) and allows you to play online. Without this you won't be able to connect.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 11:58:56 AM +0000 »

I think you're better off if you change it for GTR2.  Smiley

TT
Ray Flynn

RACING IS MY LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 12:12:01 PM +0100 »

sorry but how do u know what your password is and nickname becuase i am new too but i do have gtr2 and also how do i enter the gtr2 online league on here

Thanks
Ray Flynn

RACING IS MY LIFE
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 12:25:31 PM +0100 »

As FreQ said above you need to enter the multiplayer mode in the game. If it's your first time you register a nickname and password, you will be prompted for your online code. Think it's on the back on the manual in GTR2. Then read the race announcements as these contain, or point to, all the instructions and rules. Please do read them or you will make a fool of yourself at the start and probably at other times Wink

You will need to download and install at least the 2.4 skin pack for GTR2, but at some point the UKGTR track pack too for our better policed track cutting rules.

The server is up (in theory) 24/7 so check you can join ok, practice password can he found here

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com