Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 10:15:19 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Quick Reference Guide to the Rules in UKGPL (English)  (Read 4661 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2022, 08:17:36 PM +0000 »

HERE IS A QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE TO THE RULES IN UKGPL
You should look at the full rules for full details   available here:-   https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/intro

Expected On-Line Behaviour
General
1) Choose a simple on line identity and stick to it for all races.
2) Once you have recorded a lap time on the server for a race you cannot leave and change your car.
https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/contravene_online  

In-game chat

Basically very simple. No chat during qualifying or race, until ALL cars have crossed the finish line and all action has stopped.
=============================================

SCORING

Driver Championship
      Check the race post for a link to the relevant Championship Page for details of how points are applied.
Team Championship
A Team can have as many members as it likes, but only the top two finishers will win points for the Team. Points are awarded as per the Driver Championship.

General on line behaviour ( Etiquette )

Accidents will inevitably happen, but bad, repeated poor driving spoils everyone's fun and will be penalised by the moderators.

A few notes about Qualifying.

a) Remember that your first lap out of the pits IS NOT TIMED and counts for nothing. Make sure that you avoid interfering with another car that is on a “fast” lap, either by slowing on a straight or even taking to the grass.
The same consideration should be given to your slow down laps or laps where a mistake has spoiled the chance of a fast time. If you are not on a fast lap keep off the racing line.
b) You may catch up with another car during your “hot lap” but, if the car ahead is also on his fast lap ( even though he is slower than you ) he is entitled to complete his attempt and is NOT obliged to give way.

Race

1) At the start drivers are expected to keep their cars under full control.
2) On Lap 1 tanks are full of fuel and tyres are cold, so drivers should exercise caution and not attempt risky overtakes.
3) Blocking or weaving to prevent being overtaken is not allowed, but defensive driving is allowed. Defensive driving is defined as positioning your car BEFORE the car behind makes a passing move. You are allowed ONE defensive move per straight section.
4)  Being faster does not give a driver the right to overtake and it is the responsibility of the overtaking car to avoid contact. A faster driver must   find a way to make his overtake safely.
5) Once an overtaking car has any part alongside another car they MUST be given space. If you cannot see a car in your mirror Then it IS alongside. Full details here   https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/penalties
6) Driving down the centre line of the track to prevent a pass is not allowed
7)  Repeated cutting of corners is not allowed and will be penalised. Two wheels must be within the track boundaries at all times. The definition of track boundaries can vary for some tracks ( Mexico), so check each race post on the forum for details.

Incidents involving other cars

1) The COURT system exists to provide a fair and impartial resolution to incidents between drivers on track. Hurling abuse at each other in the forum resolves nothing and bad language may result in exclusion from the forum.
2) It is recommended that after an incident on track a driver should allow the victim to regain his position in front by waiting/slowing in a safe area for the victim to recover and pass him.
Shift-R (resetting the car)
The use of Shift-R's is specified on the individual race posts. Some races will have zero Shift-R's and others unlimited depending upon the individual championships.
Some races will require that a Stop-n-GO is performed in the pitlane after using a Shift-R, within 2 laps of the reset. Check the race post for details

Rejoining the race after an incident

It is the responsibility of any driver who is returning to the track to make sure they do not interfere with other drivers, even if this means waiting for the whole grid to pass them.
Once back on the track they should not compete/impede cars who are already at racing speed until they have regained full momentum.
Penalties here   https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/bad_rejoin

Lapping

It is recommended that cars about to be lapped maintain their normal racing line and make no sudden moves.  Slowing slightly on a straight BEFORE the lapping car gets too close will reduce the time loss for both to a minimum.
If a driver about to be lapped is aware of the approach of the faster car, and he has sufficient time, he may move smoothly off the racing line and allow the fast car a clear pass. WATCH OUT FOR A POSSIBLE 2ND LAPPING CAR BEFORE MOVING BACK ONTO THE RACING LINE.
It is still the responsibility of the passing car to do so safely and on some circuits ( Monaco ?) it may be necessary to follow for several corners before getting past.
Any driver not showing adequate care when following or passing a slower car they intend to lap may be penalised.
More info here    https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/side_by_side

« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 04:08:34 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 09:30:31 AM +0000 »

I understand the need for the regulations to be presented in different languages but it might be a good idea to state somewhere that the English language version takes precedence where there are misunderstandings due to the translated text.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 12:32:57 PM +0000 »

That does sound a little "para legal" lol, but I understand where you are coming from Clive.

The line at the top of each post should cover us I think?,

" You should look at the full rules for full details available here:-   https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/intro"

I was more concerned that all of the translations actually made sense to everyone. It could have been total gibberish and I would not have known  Roll Eyes.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Claudio Navonne

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 01:59:36 PM +0000 »

At least in Spanish it is correct, Deepl works quite well. I use it frequently (right now to write this), but I have knowledge of your English language, which allows me to know if I am making an important mistake.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 02:35:10 PM +0000 »

thank you Claudio.   Wink

Rank   Only when I sweat
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 02:21:36 PM +0000 »

Clive do you take a nap after a Shift-R? I think you mean reset and not rest, check the translations too  Smiley
Many thx for the effort, maybe a remember in race posts for those not checking Announcements too frequently.  Wink

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 04:10:31 PM +0000 »

Thanks Fulvio.
 I like the idea of a rest after a Shift/R, but I don't think it will be too popular  Roll Eyes

Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com