The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 05:50:12 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Sunday Night Series  (Read 679 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2022, 07:37:18 PM +0000 »

As you are probably aware, due to the lack of interest in the ingame GT2 & GT3 cars my plan for the future was to use the URD DTM mod which only costs €5 and in my opinion is better than the RRE version of the cars. I was then planning on following that with the URD GTE mod (Ford, Aston Martin & BMW ). But due to the resistance to using a paymod (only three of us turning up to the test races) i have decided to run the Praga's for the next series, then follow on with either the BTCC or Audi TTs. If anyone comes across a decent GT3/GTE or superGT free mod please let me know.

The schedule for the new series is:

Round 1. Hockenheim 30/1/22
Round 2. Brno 13/2/22
Round 3. Kyalami 27/2/22
Round 4. Assen TT 13/3/22
Round 5. Donington Park 27/3/22
Round 6. Mugello 10/4/22

Race Format

40 minute sprint

7:45pm practice
8:30pm Qualifying
8:45pm Race

Rolling starts

Scoring Scheme:
All rounds count

The following Cars will be available:

Praga

More details to follow
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 07:36:05 PM +0000 »

If anyone comes across a decent GT3/GTE or superGT free mod please let me know.

There are many free GTE/GT3 mods out there but the vast majority are conversions, many directly from ACC. Some of them are really well done and make the original AC content look and feel very dated. Guerrilla Mods even do a free GT4 pack which is converted from ACC which drive and look superb in AC. Obviously we're not allowed to race these here which is fair enough, but the fact is if you want scratch built quality mods these days, you have to pay for them.....even if it is only beer money.

Having said that, there are a couple of very good legitimate free Ginetta G55 mods from the same author as the BTCC mod, either of which would be more fun to race than the Praga imho.

The Supercup...

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ginetta-supercup-2017.17522/

And the GT4.....

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ginetta-g55-gt4-2017.19598/

Edit: The GT4 has been updated since being posted on RD and is now on the creator's site where the other Ginettas can also be found....

https://shaunclarke35.wixsite.com/website/downloads

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 08:10:00 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 08:01:17 PM +0000 »

Just wondering why we can't race something which bring GTL people drive with us on sundays, is that "we need to race modern stuff"-rule written in stone or what?
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 08:17:37 PM +0000 »

Just wondering why we can't race something which bring GTL people drive with us on sundays, is that "we need to race modern stuff"-rule written in stone or what?

Fair comment. Personally I like to race both but some don't like to race the older cars so they would likely be lost to other leagues. There's no guarantee that we'd attract the Wednesday AC/GTL crowd, people have lives you know.....apparently  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 08:49:48 PM +0000 »

Fair comment. Personally I like to race both but some don't like to race the older cars so they would likely be lost to other leagues. There's no guarantee that we'd attract the Wednesday AC/GTL crowd, people have lives you know.....apparently  Smiley

Yeah, maybe you're right, but what's a point have lives without racing.... Wink
MaxVeloce
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 10:32:58 PM +0000 »

Yeah, maybe you're right, but what's a point have lives without racing.... Wink

punk

But do we need it to always be modern cars - we have the DP series one week,  and now praga will be alternating weeks with that.  Not that I have anything against Praga or modern cars,  but I wouldn't object to alternating modern / historic

That said, new ACC series starts in 2 weeks so I'll prolly do that on saturdays with my buddy and not feel inclined to do the praga races as well the next day...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 10:34:32 PM +0000 by Max . » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 02:21:56 PM +0000 »

Historically we have mainly run modern GT cars, (mixed with LMP and touring cars). We have Wednesday night for the AC old barges. Supertouring and Sierra RS500 is about as historical as i want to go!
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 03:10:42 PM +0000 »

Historically we have mainly run modern GT cars, (mixed with LMP and touring cars). We have Wednesday night for the AC old barges. Supertouring and Sierra RS500 is about as historical as i want to go!

Ok, but I like to remind that historically there wasn't ACC for modern GT cars. Personally I won't expect this series to be great success but you're boss and descide what we drive or don't drive.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 03:40:25 PM +0000 »

and Sierra RS500 is about as historical as i want to go!
Could you recreate this then? https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=1161&theme=5

Yes it is a shameless plug

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2022, 08:50:27 PM +0000 »

and Sierra RS500 is about as historical as i want to go!
Could you recreate this then? https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=1161&theme=5

Yes it is a shameless plug

hmmm, maybe one for the future!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2022, 12:39:49 PM +0000 »

This Praga series is starting to lose momentum, only myself and spanner turning up to the last two races. Is anyone else planning on turning up for the remaining races? please reply in this thread if you are. Otherwise i will wind this series up.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2022, 02:30:36 PM +0000 »

Away still not back for another couple of weeks thumbdown
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2022, 08:42:54 PM +0000 »

well seems like continuing with the Praga's is a waste of time so i will can this series. The series has some awesome tracks so i will rerun it with another car. maybe a couple of fun races first! more news to follow
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2022, 10:07:12 PM +0000 »

I have decided to rerun this series using the Maserati MC12 GT1. More details to follow!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2022, 01:22:29 PM +0000 »

That is not an easy car to drive....

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com