The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 03:24:59 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Sunday Night Series  (Read 678 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2022, 09:59:39 PM +0000 »

That is not an easy car to drive....

unfortunately we are a bit limited for GT cars now as no wants to race GT2, GT3, Praga or paymods such as DTM or newer GT cars here at SROU Sad

i felt the ORECA was a bit fast for this series and touring cars a bit slow. i expect they will become easier to drive after you have got a few laps under your belt
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2022, 10:20:00 PM +0100 »

I have been looking at cars to use for future race series. I had a go on this shifter Kart which seems quite fast and tricky to drive and could make a decent series. What do potential Sunday night racers think of it?

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gokart.16419/
MaxVeloce
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2022, 01:50:27 PM +0100 »

And again I should probably hold my tongue but when there are gems like this out there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eDWV_Us-_8 I am not so enthused to drive some home made maybe addons for AC...   If you dont have the Challengers Pack DLC for ACC you should, because the 488 challenge, Lambo Super Trofeo and Porsche 992 Cup in ACC are really fkin great  Wink
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2022, 08:31:08 PM +0100 »

I think you might be on your own there SRW

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2022, 10:03:30 PM +0100 »

And again I should probably hold my tongue but when there are gems like this out there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eDWV_Us-_8 I am not so enthused to drive some home made maybe addons for AC...   If you dont have the Challengers Pack DLC for ACC you should, because the 488 challenge, Lambo Super Trofeo and Porsche 992 Cup in ACC are really fkin great  Wink

we tried using ACC here and there was no enthusiasm for it Sad
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2022, 10:07:31 PM +0100 »

well looks like there is no point in a test race with the shifter kart.
MaxVeloce
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2022, 05:28:18 PM +0100 »

we tried using ACC here and there was no enthusiasm for it Sad

Well maybe because every man and his dog (lol tim), had/has a GT3 league running and TBH its just overdone. I don't mind racing GT3 sometimes and do run in another series on saturdays semi regularly,  but the cup cars are nothing like the GT3s to drive and a lot simpler to set up. The wednesday AC Lambo super trofeo championship at the end of last year got a reasonable turnout. I remember an AC 911 Cup series here that did quite well for turnout too. Having tested the ACC versions I can say for sure they are superior in every way to the AC ones and will be finding some series to race them in.

But hey maybe I am totally wrong and people just want to race old skodas and shifter karts...

I'mma shut up now, but I want to thank you anyway for the time and effort you put in to finding/running races on sundays  thumbup2.  Its just a shame we cant get a more consistent turn out.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com