Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 03:52:08 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U5 Valencia: March 25, 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 5 - Valencia (Long) - Mar 25  (Read 12853 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2007, 10:34:53 PM +0100 »

I saw a fair bit of "exuberant" driving in race 1 too. Roll Eyes

With all the Season 5 stuff going on I've had no time to practice in the Corvette at all. Tried my Hock setup but it was not too good so I tweaked the default one for the race but it was worse, I had no grip at all. I also tweaked my field of view but that made it harder to see where I was placing the car.

Had short battles with Jimmie, MJ and, er, somebody else, usually resolved by at least one of us going off.

Car felt pretty bad so I decided to go watch the A1GP instead of doing the second race. Doesn't bode well for Tuesday night but it's going to be a learning season for me anyway.

At least I put enough fuel in. lol

New cars all look good although I'm not sure I was seeing the texture's on Jimmie's correctly. Probably just too busy trying to stay on the track to look properly. Cheesy

To finish first, first you must have fins.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2007, 10:36:04 PM +0100 »

Sorry chaps, I think I made it a bit "rough and ready" for some. Did one spin in each race and took out Freq, the leader of R1, and teamy Mo in R2, with them Roll Eyes. Hopefully wont be that unlucky when real stuff begins.

Glad to see I had someone to race in the vertigo. Nice stuff with Anthony in R1 and a blast with Mike in R2, that was the widest Nissan I have ever seen Grin. Lost count of the number of times I got punted off by others trying to find a way around you Grin. Hope you use that ugly thing for S5.

All skins worked well and looked perty to me. Please, never use that awfull track for real races.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:38:14 PM +0100 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2007, 10:36:35 PM +0100 »

No public incident discussion. You know the rules!

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2007, 10:37:24 PM +0100 »

Please, never use that awfull track for real races.

Don't worry, we won't. Cheesy

Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2007, 10:38:17 PM +0100 »

replay of race 2 then please Lips Sealed

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2007, 10:38:26 PM +0100 »

I've got a Driver=Paul968 line in the .car file Undecided

Should make no difference except against the AI.

Joss

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2007, 10:41:33 PM +0100 »

Racing was fun, I saw a few screwed up textures on my own car sat in the pits Shocked Also my own replay file shows a lot of weird "crabbing" on cars near the back of the pack...strange. Also, as noted by Eccles as well - Massive FPS drops at T4+5. No idea why, but the same thing happens as I go past the pits on various other tracks.

Good racing though, with Mo (You showed up as Paul 968), TT and Eccles. Most interesting for me was the starts - I run a strange first gear on many tracks to try to limit the damage done out of corners, but it screws me up on starts. The second start was bad as I bogged down from lack of revs, but the first was an absolute peach! I'll never be able to do it again!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:43:05 PM +0100 by FreQ » Logged
linco24

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2007, 10:46:57 PM +0100 »

Yep skins looked great  Cool

Racing was a bit rough and ready to say the least but I had a good run in the second race, battling with Backo and Colin. I could catch the beemer through T1 and in some braking zones, but then lost out on the corner exits and straights. Seems like a very evenly matched pair of cars so should add a nice variable to S5.

Much better, decent qually. James you make that bi-turbo fly mate. Chased down Paul and Backo but to no avail. Sorry for the tap Paul, got my braking all wrong. Glad you survived. All in all, it was alot of fun

No worries about the tap Colin, I take a different apex there and nearly caught a few peeps out.
But my name is mo btw  Smiley     Did I show up as Paul on your pc?

I've got a Driver=Paul968 line in the .car file Undecided

Mo, really sorry mate. Thats me just being a tube. I've looked at the results page and seen Paul infront of me for some reason. Sorry mate. Anyway, shame I did tap you. I would have like to have pushed you a bit more and see what may have happened.

Cheers
Colin Cool
Fred Joseph

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2007, 10:49:48 PM +0100 »

A couple of the new peeps didnt look too much in control of what they were driving, but guess we've all been there once. Maybe a gentle reminder that its a non-contact sport  Tongue

Well you did put me out in race two Mark  Embarrassed
Fred Joseph

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2007, 10:54:00 PM +0100 »

No public incident discussion. You know the rules!

^^ my last post wasn't a public incident discussion  Kiss  angel
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2007, 11:00:31 PM +0100 »

Good racing though, with Mo (You showed up as Paul 968), TT and Eccles.

Paul968 was there as well, in the Saleen so it must have been the real Paul you were racing with  Cheesy
I was in the GT3.

Mo
 I've looked at the results page and seen Paul infront of me for some reason.

Cool, I was more concerned it was something to do with the skins  Smiley
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2007, 11:02:45 PM +0100 »

I tried MC12 in the first race and I'm quite satisfied with the performance. As this is a specifical track it doesn't mean it'll be good on other tracks. But it's much better than in S4.  Smiley  Had a good start in R1, passed Paul968 before 1st corner. That didn't help me as a little mistake let him by soon after. Kept 3rd from Shark and after Freq spinned I finished 2nd.  Smiley

Decided to try RSR for 2nd race as I drove it here before and I wanted to try it with new ballast. I had a setup from some time back ready. Or so I thought!  Roll Eyes   Interesting how much driving style changes over time. The car with that setup was undrivable. Had to make a few changes but there was not enough time to try it all. Fixed a bad turn-in but not gear-ratios which left me dead slow out of slow corners. So every time I closed a gap to Shark in his Mosler he pulled away out of corner.  Cheesy  A$$ was comming around at trailbraking and if I balanced it to the front I was smoking front tyres. Was fighting with my car and it was funny to see both me and Shark driving sideways while trying to control the cars. Good fun.  Cool  Mosler was surprisingly agile and fun to watch how he pulled away outta corner. Well, the driver might have contributed something, too.  Wink  Grin

In close racing like this I would clearly like to have a game to support 3 monitors - one in front and on each side. Add TrackIR and we're good to go.  Smiley

Great skins guys. My hat off, artists!  I Am Not Worthy

TT
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 11:42:39 PM +0100 by Truetom » Logged
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2007, 11:09:49 PM +0100 »

First time out in the Saleen (in anger) and really enjoyed it. James and TT both made mistakes in the first half which let me past, leaving me to chase Freq, who was a solid 3-4 secs up the road by then. Luckily I had a secret weapon in my teamie Ginsters, who timed his take-out on Freq to perfection  Wink and left me with a clear run to the flag. Hard luck for Freq who had it in the bag really and good racing with TT and James in the first half. I didn't stay for race 2 as supper was calling, so hope you all had a another good one.

Great to see the new skins, and really happy with the Kerbie Saleen (I know its simple Dave, but lots of people have complimented it already). Many thanks to Mo for all the hard work. I tried to drive largely to the new cutting rules (except  into T1 when I used the pit exit - not sure if this will be allowed?) but a lot were still using the old ones. It will be interesting to see how this works out in the league races.

Will the replays be available tonight btw?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 11:12:00 PM +0100 by Paul968 » Logged
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2007, 07:24:29 AM +0100 »

^^ my last post wasn't a public incident discussion  Kiss  angel

Oh yes it was! Angry

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2007, 07:30:29 AM +0100 »

I have to say I'm a bit concerned by the reports of messed up textures. Could those people who suffered try a full field of 56 AI cars at Spa from the "UKGTR Skins" sub-class and see if anything is messed up? And if it is try without ultra resolution textures?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com