The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 11:17:01 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Car 2022 Serie@s
WTCC 2013
GTR 2
NSU
FRJ
Group 2
again something like `Legends Experience´

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Next series for 2022  (Read 3347 times)
BiriBiri

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2022, 04:49:16 PM +0000 »

I didn`t saw anything for a next serie  Huh

My suggestions (based on otherr league`s) would be:

GT2 - fun cars, and apparantly based on this thursday also close racing
Audi TT 2014/15 - Very close racing with some tactics to use PTP
NSU or Group 2- always fun
FRJ - fun but difficult
WTCC 2013

Also thinking about a fun NASCAR race for the Daytona 500 (same car`s like the Ranked server Enduro.
GT3 Chevrolet
3 race`s (like it are 3 stage`s), tire wear and fuel both on 4x
Race 1 - 12min (straight race to the end of stage 1)
Race 2 - 16min (both are possible drafting and fuel saving or 1 pitstop)
Race 3 - 22min (race with 1 pitstop)
Fun oval racing with drafting, slower drivers can also follow the faster drivers. If there is a crash you will need not wait to lang to start in the next race.

and also thinking about a classic championship.
So a lot of cars can be selected NSU-Group 2-Touring Classics-Posche cup classic
Everyone starts with a budget and you can choose your car for each event. NSU would be for free, faster cars would be expensive so that you only can choose them 1 or 2 times.
Maybe also during the serie`s the champioship leader or podium can get a reduction from there budget. So that we maybe have a close champinship.

The last one is a liitle bit tricky, and need some more testing.

PS: is there a poosibility to add a BOP in a AI single event?

@Martin: if needed i`m willing to the work for the next serie`s if you explain it to me.  

« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 05:04:07 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 05:39:26 PM +0000 »

I was having a casual look at the TCR class (TC Cup) but I don't know how popular these cars are?

Any thoughts?

It does look like we could replicate a current season (and that does appeal to me).

EDIT: Or WTCR class

« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 05:46:15 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 06:08:58 PM +0000 »

We have run these before Tony & I would love to race them again. The thing is, being FWD a number of people don't like them so don't race. Birger's suggestion of the WTCC 2013 may work as that has a BMW in the class.

I have wondered if running a series of races for the cars & tracks in the starter pack (or free) would attract a few new drivers.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 06:18:14 PM +0000 »

I am taking a back seat for the time being.

However, I am very happy to create and at least initially manage some series.

It would be a shame to let Thursday's fun come to an end.

Riccardo has done a brilliant job with his Leg ends series, it would good to continue in the same style  thumbup1

Let's think about which or all of your suggestions to run, and then you can put together some cars/tracks and I will assist

If you want to take over the running of everything, then we need to get you the required privileges, but there's no need
to do anything admin wise for the moment.

My initial thought, is a GTR2 series, as we know they work, and then one or two series with something different
maybe one with slowish cars, and a historic GT series of some form.

We ran a WTCC series previously, not sure about WTCR, and I thought it was very good. As Geoff said, some people object to FWD
I would be up for that myself
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 06:24:40 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 06:53:49 PM +0000 »

I had a run round the "unsupported" Daytona oval with the GT3 Chevys, and they both are almost out of revs
the P2 Chevy Daytona Proto runs well with a few revs to spare even with minimal wing.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 07:58:21 PM +0000 »

With all these games and the variety of content why do we always just end up trying to run the usual cars at the usual tracks...we dont have ot replicvate seasons! Which is why i liked this previous one, running unusal combos.

Saldy we have run the majority of classes.

The earlier year DTM cars are definantely nicer than the later ones! (hmm i thought someone mentioned them....)

GT2 would be interesting to get back, that was the first time we've run them for a long time. We have generally run slower cars.

I think raceroom were running that oval combo, the car did feel like it was just flat everywhere.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 08:20:15 PM +0000 »

Contribute with a series or some more suggestions Mark. They will likely be run.

I can put together a series with different cars each week, but I prefer members to be creative with fresh ideas if possible
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 08:22:09 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

Riccardo Gengotti

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 10:46:00 AM +0000 »

after this championship I take a rest period, I begin to have years, but an oval race in Indianapolis with a chevrolet prototype ...
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2022, 12:52:32 PM +0000 »

I would be surprised if you have more years than I have  Roll Eyes

Oh, ok, you beat me by 3 years  Grin

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2022, 07:08:31 PM +0000 »

added a poll, so that we know what to drive next week (tracks can be decided maybe this weekend)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2022, 07:24:53 PM +0000 »

Did you mean to allow only a single vote rather than 2 or 3?

I can create 1 or 2 non champ events easily. I assume the vote is for new series?

What would you like for next week? just say, and I will do it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 07:34:13 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2022, 09:14:51 PM +0000 »

Did you mean to allow only a single vote rather than 2 or 3?

I can create 1 or 2 non champ events easily. I assume the vote is for new series?

What would you like for next week? just say, and I will do it.

You can change it towards 2/3 votes.

Maybe tomorrow evening, we will choose the 2 champ events. Friday and saturday voting for the tracks? Sunday evening the 2 champ events are decided!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2022, 09:25:23 PM +0000 »

I have changed it to people can vote for their best 3 options.

How about the non champ Daytona Oval with P2 Chevy next week? we can always add it to a series later in the year.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2022, 03:13:08 PM +0000 »

With all these games and the variety of content why do we always just end up trying to run the usual cars at the usual tracks...we dont have ot replicvate seasons! Which is why i liked this previous one, running unusal combos.

I agree. Riccardo's Legends series has been a bit of a breath of fresh air because it was different. The NSU, Group 5, Touring Classics etc series are all brilliant, but we have done them to death. Some of Riccardo's combos I didn't enjoy quite so much as others, but it didn't matter because there was only ever a week to wait for the next one, and overall it has been great fun.

I hope we do something similar again sometime, and in particular I hope we can include some of the cars that we rarely use, eg KTM X-Bow RR, Cayman GT4 Trophy, BMW M235, Audi TT, FJ, GTE, TCR and (of course!) Group 4. Ok, I haven't actually ever tried the Audi TT, but all of the others are super fun to drive. Just my 2 pfennigs..
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2022, 05:03:53 PM +0000 »

VW Scirocco's at old school National circuits. What's not to love  tt1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com