The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 09:36:12 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Car 2022 Serie@s
WTCC 2013
GTR 2
NSU
FRJ
Group 2
again something like `Legends Experience´

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Next series for 2022  (Read 3346 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2022, 05:13:41 PM +0000 »

The vote suggests another Leg Ends is fave.
I agree, this is why I wanted someone else to design the series, as I wanted some fresh thinking.

Only issue I saw with this last series is that not everyone wants to buy all the cars and tracks

I have most of everything because I have spent years testing stuff, but some don't.

I can design something if required, bit I would prefer someone else to do it for the reasons above.
I am assuming Birger would be involved?

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2022, 05:24:43 PM +0000 »

How about the non champ Daytona Oval with P2 Chevy next week? we can always add it to a series later in the year.

Was thinking the same, for next thursday a non champ event, i will test if the P2 works for close pack oval racing.

I think raceroom were running that oval combo, the car did feel like it was just flat everywhere.

Indeed with the GT3 Chevy, if you changed the setup towards an oval setup the car loose in the corners. Indeed it was flat out, but you needed to safe fuel to do the race without pitstop. So tactics where needed, and provided oppertunities for slower drivers to follow with the bunch.
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2022, 05:31:59 PM +0000 »

I hope we do something similar again sometime, and in particular I hope we can include some of the cars that we rarely use, eg KTM X-Bow RR, Cayman GT4 Trophy, BMW M235, Audi TT, FJ, GTE, TCR and (of course!) Group 4. Ok, I haven't actually ever tried the Audi TT, but all of the others are super fun to drive. Just my 2 pfennigs..

KTM - indeed fun, drive it sometimes in AI race`s
GT4 - currently doing a GT4 championship on monday at ACR. mixed feelings about this class
BMW M235 - did tried it a few times in Rookies, easy car i thought
Audi TT - very FUN car, did a Belgian/Dutch championship previous autumn. Close racing, fun overtakes with PTP.
FRJ is maybe my favourite, GTE / group 4 never tried it and happy with TCR cars 
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2022, 05:38:44 PM +0000 »

The vote suggests another Leg Ends is fave.
I agree, this is why I wanted someone else to design the series, as I wanted some fresh thinking.
Indeed, but i need some tweaking this weekend for another `leg ends` series.

Only issue I saw with this last series is that not everyone wants to buy all the cars and tracks
maybe therefore we can change the concept, like my first post. You can choose from a serie`s of classic cars. Fastest are more expensive than slower car`s. So are free to choose, change everytime your car that suits you best, are stick for the entire serie`s with 1 car (not possible to choose the fastest car, because of budget restraints). Same for if you change car`s, if you choose for the first race the fastest car, you need to pich a medium or slower car for the next events.

Like a said need some admin work  Grin

I can design something if required, bit I would prefer someone else to do it for the reasons above.
I am assuming Birger would be involved?

already busy  Grin
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2022, 05:46:48 PM +0000 »

How about tracks, could use some of those that we don't often utilise. Like:

Lausitz
Moscow
Gellerasen
Macau (in something that will get around the hairpin!)
The Chinese ones
New layout at Indy
New tracks Nogaro & Assen

frex

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2022, 01:53:14 AM +0000 »

GT4 - currently doing a GT4 championship on monday at ACR. mixed feelings about this class

Note that I was not referring to the GT4 class, but to the Cayman Trophy class. Although both are named Cayman GT4, these two cars are in fact not quite the same - the Cayman Trophy Cup car is slightly heavier and has fewer setup options (fixed rear wing and non-adjustable dampers) than the Cayman found in the full GT4 class, and is therefore both easier to setup and slightly more forgiving on the limit. And of course, this is a single make series, unlike the full GT4 class. So, easy to drive and close racing guaranteed - what's not to like..!?
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2022, 08:57:46 AM +0000 »

If we have an oval race at Daytona next week, can we have a rolling start?  It rather defeats the object of a potentially close race if half the field gets delayed because someone (probably me  Cheesy) loses control trying to do a standing start on the banking.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2022, 12:30:24 PM +0000 »

So. In the interests of giving Birger (and me) some time to properly plan/test a series with variable cars
and maybe some sort of "legzy Dollars" if you remember that, or like Tony does with his max drives per car

I will create a rolling start, non champ, Daytona Oval event, initially for the P2 Chevy. If Birgir thinks they
wouldn't work, then we can change the car. I don't have any issue with supporting our Thursday evening
events, I am just fed up with having to to try to be creative, and get complaints

It is much better if others are involved, if nothing else, I can at least blame them for the poor choices  lol

I am in London week after next, so I won't be attending whatever event runs that week, but I will have
internet access to offer support.

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2022, 12:52:58 PM +0000 »

So. In the interests of giving Birger (and me) some time to properly plan/test a series with variable cars
and maybe some sort of "legzy Dollars" if you remember that, or like Tony does with his max drives per car

I will create a rolling start, non champ, Daytona Oval event, initially for the P2 Chevy. If Birgir thinks they
wouldn't work, then we can change the car. I don't have any issue with supporting our Thursday evening
events, I am just fed up with having to to try to be creative, and get complaints

It is much better if others are involved, if nothing else, I can at least blame them for the poor choices  lol

I am in London week after next, so I won't be attending whatever event runs that week, but I will have
internet access to offer support.

Yep, tested the P2 Chevy and was surprised that the car worked well. Even bump drafting with AI cars worked (only for some reason they braked for the corners HuhGrin)

Pro`s: More easier to drive, and more tires to choose.

Cons: Even with a oval setup, easy to drive, only 1 brick needed for the right pedal  Grin. Engine mode`s has less impact to fuel consumption

If was thinking to name the event the Daytona 50(0)

Tire wear 4x / fuel consumption 3x / rolling start

Practice: 30min
Quali: 15min (not select private like on the Ranked servers, so we can use tactics to gave a good quali)
Race in total 50 laps divided by 3 Race`s:
Race 1 / Stage 1: 12 laps (startorder based on quali)
Race 2 / Stage 2: 13 laps (startorder based on R1)
Race 3 / Finish: 25 laps (startorder based on R2) (this one is with a pitstop)

Is it possible to change the point`s like NASCAR:
like maybe for R1 and R2: 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 / 1 pts
R3 Finish: 20 / 19 / 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / ... pts

If most of the people are happy with this fun event, i will quickly make tomorrow a banner for Discord and 3sectors.

Also doing some testing for 3 serie`s:
- GT2 serie on US/CHI/AUS tracks
- 2 car serie`s - 4 race`s with 1 type of car and 4 race`s with another one
  • WTCC and Audi TT
  • open wheel/ close wheel championship (WTCC and FRJ)
witr
- classic championship every first thursday of the month (so 10 race`s for 2022) with NSU,Group 2,Porkie and Group 4

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2022, 01:26:31 PM +0000 »

Looks good.

My comments would be:

3 short oval races would be not long enough, maybe top ten reverse grid for race 2, which would be longer
maybe pitstops, but 25 laps at 47 seconds per lap is a bit short perhaps.

Yes we can use different scoring schemes. I don't think I can do it for individual races in the same evening though....
Tony is better at this than I am. To me we set a scoring scheme for the whole series. And this Oval event
would not be part of a series, it would be run as "E8" top level as a non champ event

I'm not sure it's worth the messing about for just one fun event?

GTR2 series is very easy to do.

2 cars, or 4, or 6 cars can be done with some recording of who has used what car with a limit of
2 or more drives per car.

Here is an example of what Tony does for some of his GTL series https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SR_KIsT2tJ1jkIvisxRkh9Jp_-3NXY6gP9DqhgAzLo8/edit#gid=0

I like the 1st Thursday Historic series  thumbup1  Again, very easy to do.

And, I am with Geoff on make use of some tracks we have used less, as I tended to use tracks that people had
and I knew worked.

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2022, 04:48:04 PM +0000 »

Reason for 3 oval race`s was if you have a crash that after 10min you have another chance

12laps: approx 9min
13laps: approx 10min
25laps: approx 19-20min

so almost the same as 2 times 20min
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2022, 05:46:06 PM +0000 »

Ok. Done.

It doesn't allow race 2 to be order of finish from race one, also not for race 3
It does allow mandatory pitstop, but only all races

So. We can specify race 3 needs a pitstop in the race thread, or leave it.
It allows reverse grid, but you can't pick which race in the web console
it's race two and race 3 or not at all. Perhaps some clever command line might do it
but that's above my pay grade at the moment Grin

I will update the event page when all is settled.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2022, 05:51:39 PM +0000 »

Also...

Our results system can only accept 2 races per event at the moment
I could create the 3rd race as a separate event itself, but that would mean
stopping the server changing the race setiings, and restarting manually, which we could do,
but might take the spontaneity out of it.

If we wan't to run triple races I will ask Dave to add that feature perhaps.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 05:58:48 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2022, 06:23:23 PM +0000 »

Also...

Our results system can only accept 2 races per event at the moment
I could create the 3rd race as a separate event it's self

Ah okay, than i would think 17laps and 33laps is the best solution. Normal points, and rerversed grid.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2022, 07:54:35 PM +0000 »

Done

So, I have set 20 mins Practice, 15min qual, 17 laps Race 1, 33 laps race 2 with top 10 reverse grid
We can force a pitstop with X something fuel if you like? or we can leave it as a straight race

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com