Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 01:10:17 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR 2 - GT Sprint FR: March 20, 2007
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR 2 - GT Sprint Fun Race - UKGTR Donington National - 20th March  (Read 6223 times)
TinMan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 06:08:14 AM +0000 »

Great battle with MJ behind and TinMan ahead, finally got alongside the latter on the last lap and then he vanished - I hope I didn't push him off in the Craner Curves. Huh

Hmm, on my replay it looks like you disco'd, Tom. :'( I knew something strange was up and for a few seconds there I thought I had disco'd given how suddenly you disappeared.

Never got the tyres up to temperature. Towards the end of the race I developed a low buzzing in the middle of my head!! I was really perplexed until I realised it was Dave Gymer's Corvette behind me - buzzing through my headphones. Made a mistake between the 1st and 2nd corners so didn't fight Dave down the hill. Slotted in behind him and was figuring where to have a go when I appeared just to drive straight through him!! Race over - I still don't know what happened - either I had a glitch or he did. I'm just relieved that I didn't take him out - 'cos from my view it looked like I totalled him.
 First race with the GT's and I enjoyed it. Might take the Lister next to see how that handles.

TC
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 08:14:03 AM +0000 »

Yea, I was having a hard time following Buckie in his F550 - I was faster through the corners, but Massa doesn't have enough power even in the slipstream. It felt like the slipstream wasn't simulated at all.  Roll Eyes

I had to get really close to Tom's Lambo to feel it. I wonder if the amount of wing the car in front is running actually affects the size and strength of the draft.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 08:16:14 AM +0000 »

With hindsight I could possibly have dropped the rear wing from 7 to 6.
yikes, how did you manage with such a low wing? I was on a 10 rear, which might also explain why you kept pulling away on the straights. Undecided

I had terrible understeer with any more rear wing. I tried increasing the rear ARB but that failed to make any difference. With more time I'd have spent longer on the setup but it was good enough to not be completely pants so I must be improving. Cheesy

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 08:34:47 AM +0000 »

For those that haven't voted, but have now driven the track and have an opinion on the corner cutting changes in the UKGTR version of Donington...
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=2913.msg47094#msg47094

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
silver53

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 07:03:58 PM +0000 »

Hi Guys missed that one. I would imagine that a real gt car has masses of turbulence coming off the rear and one would have to be in just the right place to get a tow too close and the understeer would cancel out any advantage?.gerald
silver53

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 10:20:17 PM +0000 »

Hi just been on server no crashes  set on high graphics. Andestorp in tvr did about 1.36 on default setting, is there a reason its on anders.cheers gerald
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2007, 07:57:39 AM +0000 »

is there a reason its on anders.cheers gerald

There was no GTR race in the schedule so I put it to the first track on Dave's track list for S5 ( not that it means it's where the first race will be, just my best guess  Grin )

silver53

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2007, 08:16:08 PM +0000 »

Thanks Picnic
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com