Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 09:47:38 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U5 Valencia: March 25, 2007
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 5 - Valencia (Long) - Mar 25  (Read 12697 times)
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2007, 04:53:17 PM +0100 »

Maybe having 28 peeps on the server is what has caused a few of the issues yesterday...
Also, in the result I've noticed that the tyre manufacturers aren't listed for many of the cars - all Lambo's are Michelin Smiley
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2007, 06:23:05 PM +0100 »

I had very bad lag in first race, throughout all sessions. Actually left and rebooted PC but made no difference
Come the second race it was better but did stall when somebody left the session

Are you using GTR2 PD Monitor or anything like that? I find when using GTR2 PD Monitor on anything other than 500ms+ I get lag and stutter in game only whilst racing on line. It's usually a background task that causes the lag.

Nothing running in the background at all. Rebooted PC and even shut down my virus software during first practice as it was so bad.

Strange why it improved considerably in second race, but froze anytime someone left the event.

On a separate note, I was baffled why I was given a stop and go penalty for jumping the start. I was positive I saw the green light before going. I did make a really good start and had to lift off from running into the back of I think Truetom in the MC12, but I did not launch early.

However watch my car on grid in replay. I entered the grid with plenty of time to go. My car actually is ever so slowly moving forward and it's not me. It crawls forward from the moment I join grid and and by the time the light goes green I'm in front of the line and I guess is why I was adjudged to lump the start.

Never had any issues with car moving at start and they even stay still at spa on the hill, any reasons this has happened?
Don't think it's anything I have done, so can someone enlighten me as don't wish to get caught out again
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2007, 07:10:05 PM +0100 »

However watch my car on grid in replay. I entered the grid with plenty of time to go. My car actually is ever so slowly moving forward and it's not me. It crawls forward from the moment I join grid and and by the time the light goes green I'm in front of the line and I guess is why I was adjudged to lump the start.

Mine was creeping too unless I kept the brakes on - I think it's when you put it in gear and take it out again it takes off the 'automatic brake'. Or something. I didn't get a stop and go for the creeping though.

Maybe having 28 peeps on the server is what has caused a few of the issues yesterday...
Also, in the result I've noticed that the tyre manufacturers aren't listed for many of the cars - all Lambo's are Michelin Smiley

As Shark says, we never had more than 25, so that can't be it.

I haven't done the tyre link ups yet.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2007, 07:22:15 PM +0100 »

Mine was creeping too unless I kept the brakes on - I think it's when you put it in gear and take it out again it takes off the 'automatic brake'. Or something. I didn't get a stop and go for the creeping though.

As Shark says, we never had more than 25, so that can't be it.

I haven't done the tyre link ups yet.

Don't think I engaged gear until late on. I will make sure I don't get caught again by waiting to the last. Another G25 lesson learned probably.
Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2007, 11:37:07 AM +0100 »

New cars all look good although I'm not sure I was seeing the texture's on Jimmie's correctly. Probably just too busy trying to stay on the track to look properly. Cheesy

I didn't have any problems with the skins, I'm running high-res textures though, maybe textures went weird at people with not enough video memory but with the option of high-res textures on?

First fun race was quite fun, starting at the back, dodging all mess at start, didn't have a very fast pace due no practise and I hate the long version of Valencia, that stupid short corners bit feels like it belongs to a kart circuit!
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2007, 12:27:53 PM +0100 »

I didn't have any problems with the skins, I'm running high-res textures though, maybe textures went weird at people with not enough video memory but with the option of high-res textures on?

I would think 768Mb of video memory would be enough.  Tongue Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2007, 01:35:13 PM +0100 »

I think it's when you put it in gear and take it out again it takes off the 'automatic brake'. Or something. I didn't get a stop and go for the creeping though.
Tested this yesterday - You're right Dave.
On the grid your brake is on by defualt - as soon as you change into a gear, it comes off and even if you switch back to neutral it stays off.

Don't change gears on the grid! Tongue
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2007, 01:58:18 PM +0100 »

I would think 768Mb of video memory would be enough.  Tongue Grin

Nice chunk of Vram there Shark Cool

Anyway mentioned earlier in thread I think, but I sometimes get similar distorted textures when ATI overdrive is enabled. It doesn't happen very often but its not happened at all since I turned it off.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2007, 07:19:42 PM +0100 »

I have to say I'm a bit concerned by the reports of messed up textures. Could those people who suffered try a full field of 56 AI cars at Spa from the "UKGTR Skins" sub-class and see if anything is messed up? And if it is try without ultra resolution textures?

I tried a full grid (62 cars) at Spa with just skinned cars, including the Morgan TSJ that gave me those funny textures in the race, and everything look a-ok (as well as pretty smooth even with that number of AI cars)!!

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jure
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2007, 04:28:16 PM +0100 »

On a separate note, I was baffled why I was given a stop and go penalty for jumping the start. I was positive I saw the green light before going. I did make a really good start and had to lift off from running into the back of I think Truetom in the MC12, but I did not launch early.

Never had any issues with car moving at start and they even stay still at spa on the hill, any reasons this has happened?
Don't think it's anything I have done, so can someone enlighten me as don't wish to get caught out again

sounds like packet loss

Christian Szell: Oh, don't worry. I'm not going into that cavity. That nerve's already dying. A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive. So I'll just drill into a healthy tooth until I reach the pulp. That is unless, of course, you can tell me that it's safe.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com