The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 03:41:59 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A17DP Detroit: February 06, 2022
February 06, 2022, 11:13:43 PM +0000 - Detroit - UKAC Season 17 DP PROTOTYPES US TOUR
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Coyote Corvette Daytona Prototype {unknown} 1 1:25.818
---
1 1:01:02.897
---
41 1:26.002
---
Continental  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Coyote Corvette Daytona Prototype {unknown} 4 +2.757
---
2 +1L
---
40 1:27.749
---
Continental  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Dallara Corvette Daytona Prototype {unknown} 2 +0.116
---
3 +4L
---
37 1:25.626
---
Continental  
L4de

Coyote Corvette Daytona Prototype {unknown} 3 +0.914
---
4 +8L
---
33 1:26.558
---
Continental  
KDiesel

Dallara Corvette Daytona Prototype {unknown} 5 +3.926
---
5 +40L
---
1 2:13.659
---
Continental  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:25.818
---
goldtop
Qualifying
Coyote Corvette Daytona PrototypeFebruary 06, 2022, 11:13:43 PM +0000
A17DP
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:25.626
---
spanner
Race
Dallara Corvette Daytona PrototypeFebruary 06, 2022, 11:13:43 PM +0000
A17DP
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 DP PROTOTYPES US TOUR - Detroit - Feb 6  (Read 452 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2022, 09:20:11 PM +0000 »

Practise: 19:45 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 (60 minutes)

Cars allowed:

2014 Coyote Corvette Daytona Prototype
2014 Dallara Corvette Daytona Prototype

from the car pack below
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ier-car-pack-1-uscc-mod.7348/

Track:
https://assettomods.com/detroit-belle-isle-2017/

Lap times:

stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat?

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Rolling
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal
Pit-stops: optional

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1)PLP App - Not used in this event. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
(2)Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(4) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

(5) Start procedure
*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 09:44:37 PM +0000 »

Are we happy to be using this site for mods? I thought they were just conversions from other games?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
MaxVeloce
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 09:54:52 PM +0000 »

I for one am looking forward to some more DP action  Cheesy
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 11:17:30 PM +0000 »

Are we happy to be using this site for mods? I thought they were just conversions from other games?

i think we have used tracks from here before, if someone can clarify which sites we cant use i will avoid them.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 10:02:04 PM +0000 »

It's not a question of sites but simply of content. Our instructions are to be sure we're using legally created/converted content, Rainmaker used to be pretty legit in his work as I remember it so you might be safe - but you'd want to check the tracks readme for full permissions dating back to the source as that site is full of illegal rips from Forza etc from memory.

On the plus side you're unlikely to ever want to drive any of the dodgy car rips as the ones I've tried have been god awful! nuke

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2022, 02:20:03 PM +0000 »

In for this one but a tough track and haven't as yet turned a wheel here in the DP although I've had a few laps in the Indy car a few weeks ago. Lots of walls  eek

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2022, 03:07:15 PM +0000 »

Quite funny that we got 2 out of 3 most terrible tracks in U.S. in series, this one and Sebring.
MaxVeloce
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2022, 03:48:47 PM +0000 »

You take that back, Sebring is a joy  Tongue

This however looks like they just hacked it from 15 yr old rfactor release or something and didn't even bother to update the textures  Sad
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2022, 03:49:53 PM +0000 »

And that, Max - Is why I don't use that site Wink
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 11:33:04 AM +0000 »

that was a hard race last night, plenty of concentration needed to keep it off the walls for 60 mins!

@spanner, did you crash out trying to avoid me after i span? if so i will shunt you back up to second in the results as there was only about 2 mins left to go.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2022, 02:07:24 PM +0000 »

that was a hard race last night, plenty of concentration needed to keep it off the walls for 60 mins!

@spanner, did you crash out trying to avoid me after i span? if so i will shunt you back up to second in the results as there was only about 2 mins left to go.

Huh? no! i was a couple of secs back from you i think with about 5mins to go.

Tricky track to drive and follow people as i was always panicky around people knowing there isn't much grip, seeing people locking up all the time and there really only being one line around here.

Fell off in sympathy to GT messing the corner up in front (too busy staring at him and not the corner) early on letting Jari through, messed up the overtake on him and dropped back. After the pit stop i just tried hard to close the gap down to GT, constantly checking his laptimes.. I was definitely quicker...closed it down to about 6 secs but brushed the wall and then after seemingly spinning i ended up back in the pits.... confused! no idea what happened there! Must have just been a gap in the track mesh...

More enjoyable than i thought... Definitely quicker than GT but just not consistent

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2022, 03:55:25 PM +0000 »

A tough track but a nice flow to it and I quite enjoyed the DP here.

Fell off in sympathy to GT messing the corner up in front (too busy staring at him and not the corner) early on letting Jari through, messed up the overtake on him and dropped back. After the pit stop i just tried hard to close the gap down to GT, constantly checking his laptimes.. I was definitely quicker...closed it down to about 6 secs but brushed the wall and then after seemingly spinning i ended up back in the pits.... confused! no idea what happened there! Must have just been a gap in the track mesh...

More enjoyable than i thought... Definitely quicker than GT but just not consistent

Yep, I misjudged my braking point while brakes/tyres were still getting up to temp and just about managed to make that corner. I just tried to be safe and consistent for the whole race because I new any contact with the walls would ruin any chance of a win. Was getting a bit worried towards the end as I saw you were putting in some fast laps but knew I had it under control as long as I didn't make any silly mistakes. Have to make the most of it when Max isn't around  Grin

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
MaxVeloce
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2022, 05:18:55 PM +0000 »

Yeh sorry I missed that, was intending to race but got roped into doing some ACC stuff that was postponed from saturday...

I did have a few laps of practice and my best was in the 25s too, so it might have been an interesting race  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com