Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 07:14:46 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 5 moderators and server size  (Read 2486 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: March 28, 2007, 08:33:47 AM +0100 »

Firstly, as I may have already mentioned, starting with Season 5 we are moving away from per-championship moderators and will instead pick up races as and when we have time to do them, oldest first. Hopefully we can then avoid the situation we had in Season 4 where some championships were moderated more expediently than others.

My thanks to all the moderators from Season 4, who've done what it always a difficult job in unusually difficult circumstances with the Monza events. Greg, Locutus and Paul are moving on and as already announced, Popabawa is joining us from the Legends, and future expansion of the incident moderation team is expected subject to suitable volunteers coming forward (hint, hint Wink).

We're also going to drop the server fro 26 to 24 slots after last night's GT1 Sprint race saw a number of disconnections and other strange behaviour. Sadly this means that fewer people will get full time spots in two championships but it appears to be necessary to ensure a stable racing experience for those taking part. Undecided

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 08:43:01 AM +0100 »

One other comment; we noticed a load of reserves joining at the end of Practice 1 instead of waiting for Practice 2 to start. We probably need to make this clearer in the race announcements but many were experienced UKGTR members who should know better. Roll Eyes

linco24

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 09:35:09 AM +0100 »

Dave, I waited until 8.30 by my watch and joined. The lobby still showed it as Paractice 1 but thought it hadn't refeshed. I don't know if it does this? Anyhow, when I joined Practice 2 had just began. I hope I didn't affect anything.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 09:43:49 AM +0100 »

I watched the end of practice 1 and sudden rush to join before practice 2 had started. By the time it had changed the server was full  Sad I assumed it was due to a delay updating  Roll Eyes
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 09:58:05 AM +0100 »

From RSC...

It is preferable to have all clients setting their connection to the same "DATARATE' value, 56K or ISDN (amounting to "10" and "12" respectively), of course if there is a client with that type of modem, that means all clients should select a datarate of 56k (10).

So could everyone make sure they have ISDN selected on their GTR2 client (set in the lobby screen)
(I assume no-one is on a 56k modem?!)

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Paul Cowan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 12:05:48 AM +0100 »

ISDN conn is the preferred connection as Andy from Blimey said to the league I run in for endurance races.

I know you guys know Andy well so that's my benchmark. Smiley

Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 11:06:08 AM +0100 »

I waited until I saw Practice 2 appear in the lobby next to the server. I was hovering over 'join' though and typed in the password as quick as I could. Got just about the last spot I think. I thanked my quick internet connection then and cursed it later as it disco'd me at the end of qual! Some else got my spot though even then! Didn't mind as my internet was a bit dodgy for about a minute or two so it may have been too late to join as so close to end of qual. Might not have been too impressed if there was more time in qual 2 and I had an FT spot which I then lost. However don't think there is a better way of doing this as is it currently done regarding reserve joining. Sure this won't be a problem later in the season as there seems to be places available then.
jan duijs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 11:20:40 AM +0100 »

That was me Paul,i already gave up (i waited till practice 2 appeared and then was too late),just came back to have a look ,tried and was in,with 5 min to spare in Q2

Jan
Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 11:46:54 AM +0100 »

that was good Jan, I always think it is better to have full grids and there really is no other way of doing this I think. When I join as a reserve I try not to expect to get in to avoid dissapointment. I was glad my internet disco'd in qual rather than the race and wasting a spot for someone.
Jure
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 11:52:58 AM +0100 »

In online flying community we used the TS2 trick (i.e. if "regular/registered" pilot in a given online war got disco or other problems prior to mission start, there was a chance to check his status via TS2 and if not, unregistered pilots could join the mission).

Should work in racing too. If a full-time driver gets a disco in, say... practice 2 or quali, he can reboot/gets back online/fixes whatever problem he has and asks for a spot via TS2 (in case reserve driver joined while FT was away thus preventing FT to join).

Christian Szell: Oh, don't worry. I'm not going into that cavity. That nerve's already dying. A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive. So I'll just drill into a healthy tooth until I reach the pulp. That is unless, of course, you can tell me that it's safe.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 01:12:52 PM +0100 »

TeamSpeak stuff merged into this thread.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com