The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 02:29:29 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E9BoB Brno: March 10, 2022
March 10, 2022, 08:53:48 PM +0000 - Brno (1987+) - RRE Season 9 (2022) Best of Both
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Honda Civic WTCC WTCC 1 2:08.711
---
1 30:22.962
---
14 1 2:08.864
---
Yokohama  
BiriBiri

Lada Granta WTCC WTCC 2 +0.963
---
2 +8.627
---
14 1 2:09.125
---
Yokohama  
picnic
 Team Shark
Lada Granta WTCC WTCC 3 +1.404
---
3 +10.766
---
14 1 2:09.851
---
Yokohama  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
BMW E90 320 TC WTCC 4 +2.436
---
4 +34.555
---
14 1 2:10.584
---
Yokohama  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW E90 320 TC WTCC 6 +3.839
---
5 +5L 9 1 2:10.910
---
unknown
Yokohama  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
SEAT León WTCC WTCC 5 +2.912
---
6 +6L 8 1 2:12.115
---
unknown
Yokohama  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
WTCC
2:08.711
---
Geoffers
Qualifying
Honda Civic WTCCMarch 10, 2022, 08:53:48 PM +0000
E9BoB
Race Room Experience
WTCC
2:08.864
---
Geoffers
Race
Honda Civic WTCCMarch 10, 2022, 08:53:48 PM +0000
E9BoB
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 9 (2022) Best of Both - Brno - Mar 10  (Read 564 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2022, 08:13:17 AM +0000 »

Practice: 19:45 GMT ( 30 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: WTCC 2013
Track: Brno
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Password: see above

Server: Simracing.org.uk E9

Championship Standings

Example Setup: TBA

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 01:31:02 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 11:58:53 AM +0000 »

Has this been brought forward a week, it was originally scheduled for the 10th.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 12:40:26 PM +0000 »

Has this been brought forward a week, it was originally scheduled for the 10th.

I was talking with Pete last night after the race and saying the posters for these two series seem to be every three weeks, leaving a week gap between! There technically isnt anything set for next week!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
frex

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 12:58:05 PM +0000 »

I think Birger was talking about a mixed Historic series to fill in the gaps:

classic championship every first thursday of the month (so 10 race`s for 2022) with NSU,Group 2,Porkie and Group 4
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 01:08:43 PM +0000 »

Hmmm. I have just spent an hour adjusting all the dates for both series.
I can move them if I need to. I have asked Birger about it, but no reply yet

I can fill in the gaps with another mixed series well enough, if that is what people want

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 01:32:24 PM +0000 »

SO, I have reset all the BoB and GTR2 events back to Birger's original plan

I am adding some Historic races 1st Thursdays

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2022, 03:14:06 PM +0000 »

SO, I have reset all the BoB and GTR2 events back to Birger's original plan

I am adding some Historic races 1st Thursdays

thumbup2
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2022, 03:42:39 PM +0000 »

New Series is E9 Hist  (Thanks Tony for helping out)

4 Races added:

3rd March - Scirroco @Mantorp

7th April - Porsche 934 @Monza (Just for Frex)  Grin

5th May - NSU @Aragon National

2nd June - GTR4 @Spa
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 04:55:23 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 04:41:08 PM +0000 »

These cars are quite fun until you push for the last few tenths & explore the late braking limits, then it is easy to change down too early, lock the wheels & spin.  Shocked
frex

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2022, 10:30:27 AM +0000 »

Never raced these before. Chose the BMW because I liked the livery and bought it just before the race. Good fight with Mark, but ran out of fuel as in the rush to cobble together a setup I forgot to set the correct amount for the race. Good fun, but I was a fair bit off the pace, so will see if more can be got out of it for the next round. Congrats Geoff and podium.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2022, 12:26:00 PM +0000 »

Like Frex I had never tried these cars before so had to buy one, in fact I decided to buy them all as it was not much more than buying just one. I only tried the Honda & Chevrolet & they felt very similar so went with the first one I tried the Honda. Only problem I found was a tendency to snap out of control if you braked hard & changed down too quick, which brings me to a question. I have assumed with the brake bias that moving the slider left gave more bias to the front brakes & moving it right moved it more to the rear. With these cars it felt to me as though the opposite was true & moving the slider right caused the fronts to lock easier & the car was less inclined to want to turn in. Eventually after some experimentation I left the brake bias at default as that seemed to give to best results. Anyone know the definitive answer?

Anyway the race went well, just held off Mark's fast starting BMW into T1 then gradually increased my lead over Birger as the race wore on. Put in some good laps early on but it seemed the tyres lost some grip after only around 4 laps as I was never able to get near those early laptimes thereafter. Quite enjoy these cars, just wish we could get bigger grids.  Huh

Congrats to Birger & Pete on the podium.  clap clap
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2022, 03:14:48 PM +0000 »

I didn't have to buy any cars last night so assume I've run with them before. Just picked one at random and then found it was the most popular choice. A Lada! Matt later changed car so there was Birger and myself left in the Ladas.

Demon start by Mark with his RWD, guess I should be grateful Dieter didn't get through to. Took a lap or to to pass Mark and by then the leading 2 were best part of 2 seconds up the road. That increased to just over 3 but towards the end I'd caught Birger a bit but even if I'd got on his tail there would have been no way passed without him making a decent sized mistake. think we were pretty even in race pace.

As usual no real idea on what to do with the car and its setup so I just ran default with a little fuel taken out. Well done to all who attended Smiley

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2022, 05:50:03 PM +0000 »

Like Frex I had never tried these cars before so had to buy one, in fact I decided to buy them all as it was not much more than buying just one. I only tried the Honda & Chevrolet & they felt very similar so went with the first one I tried the Honda. Only problem I found was a tendency to snap out of control if you braked hard & changed down too quick, which brings me to a question. I have assumed with the brake bias that moving the slider left gave more bias to the front brakes & moving it right moved it more to the rear. With these cars it felt to me as though the opposite was true & moving the slider right caused the fronts to lock easier & the car was less inclined to want to turn in. Eventually after some experimentation I left the brake bias at default as that seemed to give to best results. Anyone know the definitive answer?

Anyway the race went well, just held off Mark's fast starting BMW into T1 then gradually increased my lead over Birger as the race wore on. Put in some good laps early on but it seemed the tyres lost some grip after only around 4 laps as I was never able to get near those early laptimes thereafter. Quite enjoy these cars, just wish we could get bigger grids.  Huh

same problems as Geoff, had only braking problems in T3. And indeed BB seems to work in the opposite way, as normal. Didn`t get it (maybe reason is, it is because it are FWD cars???) don`t know.

Also my first 5 laps where the best. I thought it was beacause the first 5 laps i was using your slipstream (but apparently not).

Fun race, but couldn`t keep the pace of Geoff. Andf the end i monitored my mirrors, because Pete was catching me.

Was in doubt to race with the Lada and Lukoil sponsering, because of the current situation. But the Lada is really the easiest car for me.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com