The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 08:07:14 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A18 Thruxton GT-n Fun: March 16, 2022
March 16, 2022, 10:59:09 AM +0000 - Thruxton - UKAC Season 18
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket

Porsche 996 GT3-RSR NGT 1 1:10.433
---
1 41:08.822
---
33 1:10.716
---
Michelin  
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Porsche 996 GT3-RSR NGT 2 +0.006
---
2 +0.414
---
33 1:10.930
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 360 Modena NGT 6 +3.860
---
3 +24.058
---
33 1:12.902
---
Pirelli  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche 996 GT3-RSR NGT 5 +2.615
---
4 +11L
---
22 1:12.610
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Ferrari 360 Modena NGT 4 +1.936
---
5 +12L
---
21 1:12.133
---
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ferrari 360 Modena NGT 3 +0.547
---
6 +20L
---
13 1:11.707
---
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
NGT
1:10.433
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Porsche 996 GT3-RSRMarch 16, 2022, 10:59:09 AM +0000
A18
Assetto Corsa
NGT
1:10.716
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Porsche 996 GT3-RSRMarch 16, 2022, 10:59:09 AM +0000
A18
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 18 - Thruxton Fun race - Mar 16  (Read 959 times)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2022, 08:56:18 PM +0000 »

Quite pleased with the speed I got out of the car in qually but predictably the race quickly went to pieces & after a few spins I called it a day. AC it appears is not a sim for me, so I will make this my last race for the time being, have fun guys.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2022, 09:09:03 PM +0000 »

Great cars, excellent mod as they feel so alive. Track is also a great mod but I was too kippered to stick around after 2hours racing last night, especially for 40mins with such a small turnout. So I left on half hour of the race as had no one to fight anyway.  Tongue
Mod deserves a better run and turnout  thumbup1

MaxVeloce
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2022, 09:39:30 PM +0000 »

Great cars, excellent mod as they feel so alive.
agreed, they are ace

Mod deserves a better run and turnout  thumbup1
and this right here +100000000

and for anyone who cares to try before we race these agian one day,  my slightly tweaked (softer) setup from the race tonight:    http://maxveloce.com/stuff/mv_996_thruxton_v2.zip
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2022, 09:55:00 PM +0000 »

Amazingly seeing that this site was founded on GTR, we don't actually have any entries in LM2 for the n-GT Pork or Ferrari Shocked

What are your preferences guys for when I ask for a new entry? Real names or the RSS names?
I'm leaning towards real, cos why not....

As mentioned earlier in the thread I had intended on having a pitstop requirement in a window spanning the central 20 mins of the race, but as the pit stalls are al sideways here that idea was scuppered.
A shame as I actually thought that this combo worked incredibly, but when we do use them again I'll use the original idea on a track with better pit facilities (And somewhere that isn't so blatantly suited to the 360 Wink

I freekin loved that - had an excellent ding dong battle with Max for the first 20 minutes or so (felt like about 5!) until he started running wide onto the grass (My money is on tire temps - although I know he modified his setup during practice from the version I tried earlier).
Like a fool I waited as it's a fun race and this completely destroyed my rhythm, the result was several offs and spins despite having a car that was perfectly fine handling wise hammer
Eventually I found the armco and damaged so much of my car I had no choice but to pit - annoyingly my pressures were wrong in the app and I couldn't remember what they should have been so I was forced to stick with my decidedly flat-spotted tires for the remainder of the race.

I'll be keeping an eye out for further sales to help those of you who missed out get a bargain and join us.
MaxVeloce
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2022, 10:10:06 PM +0000 »

I freekin loved that - had an excellent ding dong battle with Max for the first 20 minutes or so (felt like about 5!) until he started running wide onto the grass (My money is on tire temps - although I know he modified his setup during practice from the version I tried earlier).

Sadly just me being a tater,  I overheated myself and was trying to get a drink, which messed up my concentration.  The tyres definitely went off though too, not convinced it was temp as much as wear as we were doing the same in the Lambos a while back running the whole race with overheated tyres...

Funny about the pitstop, I saw you had and decided to heck with it and also pitted for tyres, except I hadn't setup the pressures for a stop so just took the default - hence my not stopping several times for the last chicane, the right hand tyres were way low and locking up badly LOL

Also, I vote for real names.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2022, 09:58:09 AM +0000 »

Real names for sure  Smiley

One over-riding memory from last night was how good the cars looked in motion, which again points to a well detailed mod. Watching Stefans Ferrari chasing me around for a few laps, its movement and stance just looked spot on, like real footage Cool I'd say they are possibly even better than Kunos cars in their dynamics.

I guess the complete lack of interest other than those that turned up kind of makes a series a bit of a non-starter  Undecided which is a shame. Annoyed with myself for not buying the GT1 pack whilst on special offer now, i had it saved in my basket but didnt complete the purchase  Hit with a wet fish  Mind you, if people resent paying a fiver for a couple of cars, what chance have we got of them paying £8-10 for a pack of cars. Think yourself lucky, one car costs £10.80 in iRacing....or iRent as i call it, as you dont even get to keep it if you stop paying an annual sub  Roll Eyes  Mind you, my GT4 race the night before had 36 entries for an hour long race with half hour qually on a tuesday night!  Shocked

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2022, 11:21:42 AM +0000 »

I'll run these again during fun races between series - hopefully that combined with sales will encourage people to make the jump.
I know I'm not the only one with the GT1 pack here so if we're lucky we'll have a sale we can combine that with - it should be a no-brainer then, 6 kunos quality cars for roughly a tenner (Thanks brexit, I bought them for 6 quid at the same discount prior to the exit Roll Eyes ) is better value than most of the Kunos packs were.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2022, 12:49:25 PM +0000 »

i tried getting people to part with €5 for the 2018 DTM mod recently (which gets you merc/bmw/audi DTM cars) but only 4 of us bought the MOD. shame as there are some good GT mods out there.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2022, 12:56:46 PM +0000 »

Stupidly i changed gear on the grid and got a drive thru.

Was enjoying catching back up to Stefan and Mark but a few spins slowed me down,  felt the tyres were wearing and heating up too much, after the 3rd spin through the jump at church putting too much through the tyres I gave up. Tyres are just too sensitive, the Ferrari was a nightmare on an outlap showing just how little grip there is.

There was maybe a few things i could have done but i was already running soft springs and dampers on the rear but was still too stiff. The Porsche felt like there was better rear grip than the Ferrari.

I was thinking about iracing again....but realising how much just the sub is, let alone cars and tracks.....these prices are ok.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2022, 08:34:39 PM +0000 »

We sort of have results now - just waiting on the Ferrari getting recognised as an N-GT (I don't know how to do that  Embarrassed )
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2022, 08:42:40 PM +0000 »

We sort of have results now - just waiting on the Ferrari getting recognised as an N-GT (I don't know how to do that  Embarrassed )
I think that you need to ask Dave to do that.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2022, 10:37:36 PM +0000 »

I think that you need to ask Dave to do that.

Well ahead of you Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com