Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 08:17:31 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTR Server+TS Test: April 27, 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR - new server/teamspeak test - Apr 27  (Read 5526 times)
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 11:06:05 AM +0100 »

Is there any particular reason for using TS, Dave? I'm not an expert but as far as I used TS and Ventrilo in BF2 I find Ventrilo better. Also Legends Racing team tried both and I must say I get the impression Ventrilo had a better quality. Mostly it was different while driving - in TS I couldn't hear anything on track, just the whining of the engine and not hearing words very well, while in Ventrilo I heard all members clearly, either on track or in garages.  Smiley

TT
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 11:43:44 AM +0100 »

Is there any particular reason for using TS, Dave? I'm not an expert but as far as I used TS and Ventrilo in BF2 I find Ventrilo better. Also Legends Racing team tried both and I must say I get the impression Ventrilo had a better quality. Mostly it was different while driving - in TS I couldn't hear anything on track, just the whining of the engine and not hearing words very well, while in Ventrilo I heard all members clearly, either on track or in garages.  Smiley

If you use the right codec in TS (I've set the default on our server appropriately) the quality is a lot better. The main problem with Ventrilo is that a server which supports more than 16 users costs real money.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 11:48:45 AM +0100 »

If you haven't used Teamspeak or Ventrilo before you might find this little application useful;
http://www.voice-overlay.info.ms/

It overlays some useful info. onto DirectX games so you can see who's in your channel, who's speaking etc. 

Legends Racing simracing team
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 12:31:47 PM +0100 »

Decided 100% maserati for this one. Practicing this morning I now have a good set up.Although it hates wheels on the kerbs and I can't launch from standing start too well.

Altered Lambo set up and it's still the quicker car with me driving, but happy to see both cars quicker than my last race here,

Looking forward to the race on Sunday when I get back for St Andrews.

Enjoy your weekend
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 04:20:18 PM +0100 »

I also prefer Ventrillo, also because you cna assign a button on your wheel much more easily.

For tonight I'm still doubting what to take, F575, Viper or Lister.
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 06:10:37 PM +0100 »

Anyone know how to use teamspeak? I've also never managed to map a button off my G25 to  a keyboard button...so to speak I'd have to hit a keybpard button and that'd suck Sad

Don't care about cars, I'll pick something on a whim.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 06:51:58 PM +0100 »

The next version of TeamSpeak will support mapping of game controller buttons (and also those of the mouse). In the meantime, if you can't or don't want to map a wheel button, if your keyboard is handy you can use an otherwise unused key for it, eg. right control.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 06:55:31 PM +0100 »

I have CTRL mapped to the CIRCLE button on my Logitech DFP. I press this to TALK on TeamSpeak. The only way I've found to map the CTRL (in my case Left Ctrl) to TeamSpeak is to only have 1 profile in the Logitech Wingman Profiler and make it the default profile. So basically I have one Wingman Profile that applies to all games. Which is fine cause I use the wheel for GTR/GTL/rFactor and they all have the same settings and mappings for me. I think using a normal key (F or G or something rather than CTRL) works normally with multiple profiles but I don't like that cause I can't chat on the chat window and press button for TeamSpeak at the same time so I get letters in the chat. CTRL doesn't register in chat which is why I use that one.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 06:56:44 PM +0100 »

For tonight I'm still doubting what to take, F575, Viper or Lister.

Nissan 350Z for me I think.  Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Reign Man

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 07:48:42 PM +0100 »

My mic is not working so it's not worth me turning up....

IRacing ID = Adam Kell
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2007, 07:57:23 PM +0100 »

My mic is not working so it's not worth me turning up....

Please do - this is as much about testing the new server under a decent load as it is about TeamSpeak.

Iain

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2007, 08:24:54 PM +0100 »

Will join. Has TS details been posted yet?  Smiley

Not yet - with one thing and another I've just not had time to sit down and work out exactly what I want to do, and then write a description of it. Hopefully tonight - if not we'll have a free for all tomorrow night. Cheesy
you could try to get everyone to set themselves as 'channel commanders' and set a bind to whisper to them

but channels dont change that much do they ? :|

GtrRank name = Iain
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2007, 08:55:07 PM +0100 »

Just restarted the server - it's public as we're trying to get a good number of players on.

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 09:00:41 PM +0100 »

That was fun. I got a clean start, and managed to stay in touch with the front cars for longer than I expected. Nice pile-up after the finishing line, I've never seen so many bits of car on the track.  laugh

Server was rock solid, but we didn't exactly load it. Couldn't get my mic to work, but I could hear much more of what people were saying on teamspeak over my engine than the last time I tried it.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 11:49:24 PM +0100 »

The server seemed stable with the exception of Nev who was freezing every 30 seconds or so for a few seconds at a time.

TeamSpeak was a bit frustrating; I don't think a fixed channel list to whipser to is a good solution for our "broadcast to all" problem; possibly if everyone sets up that and also a 'whisper to channel commanders' it might be viable.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com