The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 12:26:33 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A18 Grindelwald: April 06, 2022
April 06, 2022, 06:53:14 PM +0100 - Grindelwald - UKAC Season 18
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket

AC Cobra 289 Trackday {unknown} 1 1:28.356
---
1 41:12.500
---
27 1:28.138
---
Goodyear  
IbnSolmyr
 Crank of Brothers
AC Cobra 289 Trackday {unknown} 2 +2.636
---
2 +0.641
---
27 1:29.939
---
Goodyear  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
AC Cobra 289 Trackday {unknown} 3 +3.877
---
3 +6.902
---
27 1:30.372
---
Goodyear  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
AC Cobra 289 Trackday {unknown} 6 +51.604
---
4 +3L
---
24 1:32.662
---
Goodyear  
L4de

AC Cobra 289 Trackday {unknown} 5 +4.282
---
5 +5L
---
22 1:30.767
---
Goodyear  
KDiesel

AC Cobra 289 Trackday {unknown} 4 +3.904
---
6 +20L
---
7 1:32.125
---
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:28.356
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
AC Cobra 289 TrackdayApril 06, 2022, 06:53:14 PM +0100
A18
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:28.138
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
AC Cobra 289 TrackdayApril 06, 2022, 06:53:14 PM +0100
A18
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 18 - Grindelwald - Apr 6  (Read 632 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2022, 06:57:23 PM +0100 »

Password: see above

This will be a fun race to test Grindelwald - As this track was most aligned with classic cars in GT2 We'll use the Ferrari 250GTO AC Cobra 289 (Trackday version) by Oldrebel.
I was going to use the 250GTO but it has so little grip that it's basically going to put people off joining as every corner is a spin or crash Cheesy (Great fun once you acclimatise though!)

We often use the stock 427 Cobra, but that is also just stupidly overpowered - so I've plumped on the trackday version of the 289 car. This is simply smack-bang in the middle of the sweet spot for this track and is great fun as a result.

Ensure you read the notes on the car installation (below) - they don't affect the car we're racing with, but if you want to try the others in your own time there are some files you'll need to correct to enjoy them properly

Password: see above

Timings:
Practice: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qualifying: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  (40mins)

Cars allowed:
AC Cobra 289 (Trackday)
Installation notes - install as normal you need to put the 3 car folders (AC_289_Competition, AC_289_Sports & AC_289_Sports_Trackday) into your AC 'cars' directory.
In the AC_289_Sports directory delete the DATA.ACD file or it will load the wrong engine power curves.
If you want flames in the Competition version you'll need to copy the flames.ini file from either of the other cars data directory in to the data directory of the competition car.
There are also some bugs (local timing) that can be caused if you leave the capitalisation in the folder names as AC hates it (As an example you need to change "AC_289_Sports" into "ac_289_sports" - do that for all 3 but with the correct names).
I've just spent an hour checking that this won't affect your ability to join the server (It won't) so basically you can skip it if you can't be bothered, but may loose some offline timing results if you do.

Track: Grindelwald

Live Timing: stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=98
RANDOMNESS=2
LAP_GAIN=0.007%
SESSION_TRANSFER=80

Damage: 70%
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 05:53:50 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 01:21:33 AM +0100 »

"If you want flames in the Competition version you'll need to copy the flames.ini file from either of the other cars data directory in to the data directory of the competition car."

I didn't find any .ini file so far but different bunches of flame images (.dds), so that I did nothing in this regard. My competition track 289 will keep being a cute kitty and not the tiger she should be.  laugh

If I could permit mysellf a suggestion Tim, perhaps a link providing with a Fire&Forget download ?  Grin

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 05:59:11 PM +0100 »

The cars we are using for the race are working out of the box - that stuff is only for the other 2 versions, and the only one that really matters is the data.acd in the sports directory Smiley
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 06:46:33 PM +0100 »

There a new upload (v1.1) since yesterday evening Tim, will it still be fine whatever the people are downloading ?  Roll Eyes

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 09:03:28 PM +0100 »

The notes seem to suggest nothing has changed other than the installation and some file for controlling the volume, so they should.
Try it out - the previous version will also remain available
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 07:21:26 PM +0100 »

Password?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2022, 07:49:48 PM +0100 »

Sorry guys - no idea why that wasn't set in LM2 Embarrassed

You should see it now (refresh this page if not)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2022, 09:45:58 PM +0100 »

What a combo - so much fun sliding the mini-beast around Grin
Although I did get too carried away and ended up having two meeting with the fence/armco, which combined with my accidental start from the pits made for a very interesting and frantic race.

The end was very hard as I bent my steering in the 2nd crash and had to chase Maxime very hard to try for the win still - I eventually got past him only to mildly loose control a few corners later and he collected me while I was trying to catch a massive slide.
You should have probably scarpered mate - I was always going to end up behind you even if you hadn't hit me Tongue

Anyway, a great combo - and as they were popular we'll try the Competition version in a fun race after the Skodas to see what they are like (Providing I still remember in 8 weeks time).

Anyway, as usual if you missed this you missed out Tongue

Results will be a little while as I have asked for a new car entry - I don't want to assign these to the competition version of the 289 we have kicking about from GTL/P&G when we also have a competition 289 waiting to be tried.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2022, 06:58:03 AM +0100 »

Grin This is in my opinion probably the best modded car have tried in ages, a great combo , shame I kept  clipping the barriers, tremendous fun.....

IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2022, 09:56:52 AM +0100 »

The end was very hard as I bent my steering in the 2nd crash and had to chase Maxime very hard to try for the win still - I eventually got past him only to mildly loose control a few corners later and he collected me while I was trying to catch a massive slide.
You should have probably scarpered mate - I was always going to end up behind you even if you hadn't hit me Tongue

Yes sorry mate I couldn't avoid you in such a situation : 1st because even if I was seeing you starting a massive slide, my first thought was "it's Tim, he's just drifting this beast like a kid plays with his prefered model car"  Grin ; 2nd because the only way out was to the left in a part of the track where going left seems quite suicidal..  Cheesy Then I saw that the slide was really super massive, but was too late to avoid your car.  Shocked
And I couldn't pass you like that, near the end, to (maybe !) finnish ahead of a driver who's 2 sec faster a lap !...  Roll Eyes Wink

Also known as "Solmyr"
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2022, 09:59:04 AM +0100 »

Agreed, a very nicely done car. Also good fun to drive! Powerful, but manageble. Good for a series...

I had the red lights from the track not turning green, so ended up with someone rear ending me. Better to check this before we use this track in a series?

Congrats to Maxime on the win. Good pace mate.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2022, 12:39:10 PM +0100 »

Congrats to Maxime on the win. Good pace mate.

Thank you Stef but I didn't win.  Grin Cheesy

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2022, 02:04:27 PM +0100 »

I had the red lights from the track not turning green, so ended up with someone rear ending me. Better to check this before we use this track in a series?

We were checking the track before a series Tongue

That's also the reason for my accidental pitane start - I was typing a message to warn you all that they didn't seem to change colour so you needed to watch the 'floating' lights instead.
The track is still in development, but is just so good in the Skoda's when you reach the downhill section that I wanted to use it.

It's kind of the opposite to the Cobra's, they're probably more fun on the uphill and are then tricky down...
The Skoda's on the other hand are a real exercise in efficiency on the uphill, but a hoot on the way back down Cool
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2022, 03:38:11 PM +0100 »

The car has been added so have some results Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com