The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 10:03:46 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A18130RS Most: April 13, 2022
April 13, 2022, 01:43:04 PM +0100 - Most (GP (2005+)) - UKAC Season 18 Skoda 130RS Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 1 1:59.488
---
1 44:18.913
---
22 1:59.563
---
Goodyear  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 3 +0.304
---
2 +1.245
---
22 1:59.841
---
Goodyear  
Jos Ogos
 Crank of Brothers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 2 +0.217
---
3 +11.773
---
22 1:59.480
---
Goodyear  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 4 +0.777
---
4 +22.528
---
22 2:00.660
---
Goodyear  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 5 +0.917
---
5 +28.919
---
22 2:00.774
---
Goodyear  
IbnSolmyr
 Crank of Brothers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 6 +0.926
---
6 +32.742
---
22 2:00.520
---
Goodyear  
KDiesel

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 8 +1.229
---
7 +36.216
---
22 2:00.558
---
Goodyear  
L4de

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 10 +2.155
---
8 +46.701
---
22 2:01.374
---
Goodyear  
watty

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 9 +1.816
---
9 +47.696
---
22 2:01.503
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 11 +2.911
---
10 +58.892
---
22 2:01.904
---
Goodyear  
Christian Dauger
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 13 +3.975
---
11 +1:09.009
---
22 2:01.558
---
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 7 +1.150
---
12 +1:17.204
---
22 2:00.964
---
Goodyear  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 12 +3.508
---
13 +1:29.207
---
22 2:02.003
---
Goodyear  
Barone
 Magnesium Team
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 14 +4.294
---
14 +17L
---
5 2:04.676
---
Goodyear  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Škoda 130RS {unknown} DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:59.488
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Škoda 130RSApril 13, 2022, 01:43:04 PM +0100
A18130RS
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:59.480
---
Jos Ogos
Race
Škoda 130RSApril 13, 2022, 01:43:04 PM +0100
A18130RS
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 18 Skoda 130RS Trophy - Round 1 - Most - Apr 13  (Read 888 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2022, 08:15:12 AM +0100 »

Password: see above

Welcome to the first round of the Skoda 130RS Trophy!
'Most' fittingly it will be here in the Czech Republic at the historic Autodrom Most.

As mentioned in the announcement for the series we have no mandatory tire/fuel stop, but the tire wear has been set at 130%
Assuming my maths are right this means your tires 'might' have enough life to reach the end of any given race - depending on the track and your chosen driving style.
Here I think you'll be nearly down to the cord by the end of 22 laps - So can probably make it with no stop but it will get interesting Grin
As a result we can expect some interesting strategy plays as people try to find the best way to finish first Wink
(As usual I recommend Pre-tires for all your pressure and tire-life calculating needs)

We are using a newer version of the track for this event as the old version is one of the earliest mods for AC, as the track was made for an online series it is highly unlikely you can practice against the AI (Didn't work for me when taking the picture above - that's from the old track ninja ) but we at least know it'll work properly online (It's actually by the same team who made the 130RS).

Timings:
Practice: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qualifying: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  (22 Laps)

Cars allowed:
Skoda 130RS

Skin Pack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kp1n9c9yt68yyih/Skoda%20skins.rar?dl=0

Inside the pack you will find 5 folders - these need to be placed into "*Your steam library*\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\tmm_skoda_130rs\skins"

I also recommend you install the big skin pack from the 1st post in the announcement thread - I may have selected some of those cars when setting up the server (It's nearly impossible to tell which are which in the server software). If you see any white cars this will be your problem.

Track: Autodrome Most (2018)

Live Timing: stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Time of Day Setting: 13:30
Weather: Light Clouds
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: 130%
Fuel consumption: normal

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=98
RANDOMNESS=2
LAP_GAIN=20
SESSION_TRANSFER=80

Damage: 70%
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 04:57:36 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 12:40:22 PM +0100 »

hoping to join you all for this one. Just downloaded all the mods, skins etc but not turned a lap in car or track before so will no doubt trundle around at the back  Tongue  I was away on holiday last week so on the backfoot somewhat

KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 01:41:21 PM +0100 »

My tires won't last race distance, how's others?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 05:59:12 PM +0100 »

As per the race thread - My own calculations say I'll be in the red by race end, that isn't automatic tire failure though as that step is somewhat further along.
Unless my wear pattern in practice fails to stack against Pro-tires predictor I'm hoping to go no-stop (But will certainly have a pit plan saved in my race setup for in case I'm wrong Grin )

It's for tracks like Tucuru, ahvenisto and Tsukuba that I think pit stops are likely to be necessary.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 06:59:23 PM +0100 »

I´ll try to ping you my setup through Stracker MJ. Just emailed you the setup.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 07:21:26 PM +0100 by Stefan aka Postal » Logged

School is important, but race cars are importanter
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 01:17:55 AM +0100 »

Just to say sorry to Kimi for L1, T1, I didn't spot you on my rear out mate in that chicane exit Undecided
Then our 2nd contact was a racing incident I think, a shame that it made that much energy clash..

Too bad you did that mistake in the last lap, you were doing some great racing me thinks.

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2022, 08:10:25 AM +0100 »

What a fantastic race - I managed to pull a slight gap of maybe a second over Jos while our tires were coming up to temp - this then stayed pretty stable although with Jos managing to occasionally nudge a tenth out of me here and there (Lorenzo would do the same later too), I'm not sure if this was setup or drafting - although I had noticed during qualifying that the lead car seemed to struggle most to hold the best/fastest lines through several sections.

I made a mistake some 5 or 6 laps in and Jos was able to capitalise on it and take the lead, he was then kind enough to get a bad exit later on the same lap and I reclaimed 1st Tongue
He then had some sort of mistake a few corners later (I haven't seen the replay yet) and dropped back behind Lorenzo, who slowly but surely started to slowly catch me over the remainder of the 1st half of the race.

Once the tires started to go off I made a few seconds gap back on him and was eventually comfortable at roughly 2-3 seconds lead until I accidentally had a huge slide in one of the fast corners.
That dropped me down to nearly a second in front and Lorenzo started to slightly gain again (thinking this must be an aero thing).

We remained fighting over that gap for the remaining 4 laps to the line.

A good hard scrap then last night - lets hope that all the races are like this one (I'll need to remember to turn the fan on though if so - I had a right sweat on after that).

Well done to Lorenzo on 2nd and Jos on taking 3rd and the overall lap record!

Hopefully similar fun and battles were had throughout the field Smiley
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2022, 08:25:30 AM +0100 »

That was a good race indeed. Good to have a reasonable grid size again, makes it more fun. I was happy with my qually and started at p5. Managed to outrun Fabri to the first chicane, but it was soon clear the first 3 guys where too fast. At half race distance I had a tank slapper which put me off line and Fabri went past. All I could do was to keep following him as our pace was very similar, even though  you could see that we where on different gearing. Last two laps I had to take it easy as I was running out of fuel.

Well done to the podium and looking forward to next week.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 09:09:32 AM +0100 »

The event started badly & finished badly, but I had good fun in between.

Joined the server & my first thought was to set up a pit strategy just in case a tyre change was needed, did that & saved the setup, only to realise I had not loaded my own setup beforehand, so had just overwritten it with the default setup.  Roll Eyes So spent most of practice & qually trying to set the car up again & never got near my PB.

Gained one place at the start & then ran a fairly comfortable 6th for the first half of the race. After that though I started to struggle with rear grip & Kimi started to catch me & with about 5 laps left he attempted a pass into T4 which ended with me in the gravel trap. Bit annoyed at the time but it did not really make much difference as the rapidly disappearing rear tyres caused me to have 3 more spins over the remaining laps & a disappointing 12th place finish.

Congrats to the podium  clap clap clap
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 10:26:22 AM +0100 »

That was more entertaining than i thought it might be, but having no laps nor even driven the car before meant i was always going to be down the order.

When i first drove it down the straight i thought god these are boring, so sloooow, but its quite a good quality mod and suspension felt quite realistic in handling, though suspect the brakes are a bit too good for this car!? cant imagine they were this good in period, and they are good fun to throw into a corner. In one memorable tank slapper i let go of the wheel and let it self centre, car corrected itself and carried on, so well modelled physics.  Smiley

Spent practise and qually just learning the car and track but think i still blagged a top 10 slot  Grin
In the race i mainly enjoyed a battle with Syd for a long while in the first part of the race, think we had different gearing or suspension setups as we were quicker at different parts of lap and then when his challenge faded, Christian took up the fight and i battled him for many laps until he had an off following me through the fast kink. I steadily increased pace to be in the 2:01's and low 02's and could see cars ahead but never quite close the gap down. I was waiting for this mythical tyre drop off as my tyres were in pretty good shape and thought i might take chunks of time out of someone ahead near the end, but nobody except Geoff was kind enough to fall off or lose enough pace.  Sad
Finished 10th.

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 03:09:12 PM +0100 »

Gutted to miss this, had hospital appointment and not back home till nine, will make next round.
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2022, 05:08:09 PM +0100 »

Which version of Tucuru next week Tim plz ?

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2022, 06:24:18 PM +0100 »

Patience! Some of us work for a living Tongue

(Race thread is now up, although the server may not be until tomorrow morning)
Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2022, 10:54:43 AM +0100 »

Great fun with the Skoda 130RS the other day at Most GP.
I was surprised with my close qualy to The Alien  alien and even more when, in the first few laps, I was still close to him and even managed an overtake after he made a slight mistake... The other day with the Audis this was enough for me to win the race  clap (although his mistake there was much worst and later in the race) but, this time, Tim wasn't going to have any of my overtakes, and soon enough he went back to where he always belonged...
I was out of the right line after his overtake and Lorenzo got the best of me... I was a bit upset  censored with the rough overtake pushing me slightly out of track (I think I had left enough space for him to do his business). Anyway, it was early in the race and I should have managed to get back at him but I couldn't. The two of them kept the top-level whilst I was slowly but surely losing pace.  cursing
All in all, a fun race. Great cars and track.
I managed to keep the SB (Server Best) time... 0.008 secs faster than The Alien!... Delighted about that!
Congrats to Tim and Lorenzo for the podiums and great racing with all of you after so long. Special thanks to my great teammate Maxime for helping over with setting up the car. See you all at the next race!
Video as usual here: https://youtu.be/Qg51JeGjZ_w

Enjoy!
Jos

Check out my YouTube channel: JO Simracing
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2022, 01:59:04 PM +0100 »

I was a bit upset  censored with the rough overtake pushing me slightly out of track (I think I had left enough space for him to do his business).

It wasn't a clean pass indeed..  Huh

By the way I need to re-download and re-install the radar app because I was unable to find it back after my recent re-install of the whole sim, could anyone remember me its name plz ? It's weird cause all my other apps are well in place.

This was fantastic racing Jos !

Mine was very bad but very fun :
1st I was so late on the grid  Lips Sealed Did a snail start.
Then I made a big mistake, exiting from the first of the esses, couldn't back on the track as I wasn't sure all those cars I was hearing in my back would let me to do that at the left of this 2nd esse, so I stayed on the grass and saw 5(?) cars pass me !  Grin

After that though it was great fun trying to bring my car back into this pack. Got some very nice fights.
But then I was struggling to get on Kimi's heels. Unexpectedly he did a mistake in the last lap though I wasn't able to catch him, giving me the position for free.

Grats podium and thx all for racing !

@FullMetalGasket : Can we fix the skin problem Tim ? It seems some of us lack some car skins (like Jos missing yours in the vid for example) although we DLed the skin pack, or did we make a mistake somewhere ?  Huh

Also known as "Solmyr"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com