The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 02:52:31 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A18 Road Atlanta: June 22, 2022
June 29, 2022, 08:31:28 AM +0100 - Road Atlanta (Short) - UKAC Season 18
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Estonia 18 {unknown} 2 +27:45:18.265
---
1 20:41.391
---
15 1:16.057
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Estonia 18 {unknown} 1 1:21.734
---
2 +1L
---
14 1:18.427
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket

Estonia 18 {unknown} 3 +1:35.359
---
14 1:22.831
---
Dunlop  
IbnSolmyr
 Crank of Brothers
Estonia 18 {unknown} 4 +12L
---
3 1:18.201
---
Dunlop  
June 29, 2022, 08:31:39 AM +0100 - Road Atlanta (Short) - UKAC Season 18
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
IbnSolmyr
 Crank of Brothers
Russell-Alexis Mk14 {unknown} 1 1:10.654
---
1 20:18.712
---
17 1:10.197
---
Dunlop  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Russell-Alexis Mk14 {unknown} 2 +1.402
---
2 +9.561
---
17 1:09.931
---
Dunlop  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Russell-Alexis Mk14 {unknown} 4 +27:45:29.345
---
3 +45.582
---
17 1:10.672
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Russell-Alexis Mk14 {unknown} 3 +27:45:29.345
---
4 +1:03.339
---
17 1:10.951
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket

Russell-Alexis Mk14 {unknown} 5 +27:45:29.345
---
5 +15L
---
2 1:22.549
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:10.654
---
IbnSolmyr
Qualifying
Russell-Alexis Mk14June 29, 2022, 08:31:39 AM +0100
A18
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:09.931
---
Fabri Fibra
Race
Russell-Alexis Mk14June 29, 2022, 08:31:39 AM +0100
A18
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 18 - Road Atlanta - Jun 29  (Read 9010 times)
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2022, 07:17:26 PM +0100 »

About the Mini Miglia, and as I told Tim yet, for me it will be a no-show as this mod's ffb just wants to kill my wheel as soon as I reach 30km/h, at least it was the case when I tried her. Not to mention her very specific handling, but I just can't hear and feel my T500 taking injury like that for no reason at all. About 5% of the mods I DL are like that, so for me it's an instant 'forget it'. But the rest is of very nice feeling so I can't really get the problem. Maybe some very different domestic ffb setups lead to incompatible car's ffb designs ?

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2022, 11:47:58 AM +0100 »

About the Mini Miglia, and as I told Tim yet, for me it will be a no-show as this mod's ffb just wants to kill my wheel as soon as I reach 30km/h, at least it was the case when I tried her. Not to mention her very specific handling, but I just can't hear and feel my T500 taking injury like that for no reason at all. About 5% of the mods I DL are like that, so for me it's an instant 'forget it'. But the rest is of very nice feeling so I can't really get the problem. Maybe some very different domestic ffb setups lead to incompatible car's ffb designs ?

The odd thing is that my TS-XW runs the same drivers as your T500 from what I can tell - and I don't get this issue. We'll see what otherfeedback we get I guess, and also whether the puppy settles enough to actually let me race to start with!
I'd like to race them in a British track series but suspect they won't be popular enough anyway Sad But hey - ho, that's what testing is for!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2022, 11:54:00 AM +0100 »

I've just tidied up all of the fun event related posts from last week - so if you're missing a post here that's why!
I'm 90% certain I've only removed stuff relating to Maximes' server, but my French isn't great so apologies if I've gone overboard here ninja

In other news I've been leaving the puppy for longer and longer periods and am so far getting away with it - I may even be able to take part tomorrow night at this rate!
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2022, 02:06:45 PM +0100 »

I just tried the Estonia and, no offense to our Baltic friends but, it's horribly bland to me.  Undecided

The Russel-Alexis is much funnier to my taste.  Cool

Also known as "Solmyr"
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2022, 07:58:07 PM +0100 »

Looks like I missed the first race in the Estonia, I'll try to join later in the Russel.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2022, 09:13:16 PM +0100 »

Sorry for not chatting in race 2 - I dropped my resolution to 720p to try and stop the dropped frames. It worked but the chat box was now off the screen!

I'm very upset to not join properly, an Xbox controller and steam link to the telly are frankly rubbish - I couldn't actually drive the Russel Alexis with that combo Sad

Even worse though is the fact that I'm going to have to step down from running the Wednesday night slots - at least until my puppy can cope with me being upstairs (or join me).
At the moment her anxiety is so bad she has panic attacks if I disappear for too long, these often result in a LOT of cleaning Roll Eyes

Sorry to do it at no notice, but I never had these issues when Kai was tiny so literally hadn't even conceived of them.

If Maxime fancies taking over Wednesdays in the mean time to keep the classics alive he is more than welcome Cool

Sorry again ninja
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2022, 01:55:45 PM +0100 »

Sure Tim, I'll do my best ! Though for next Wed it will be compromised as I'm leaving home this we to go at Le Mans and I still have plenty of things to do in the meantime.

Will we get a picture of your new puppy ?  Cheesy

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2022, 03:47:16 PM +0100 »

This is the reason for my pain and lack of time/sleep.
Kai is not entirely amused by her presence Grin

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2022, 04:47:40 PM +0100 »

Pets do form rather strong bonds....unless you can train them to not be so anxious when alone.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2022, 01:39:55 PM +0100 »

She just needs time - Kai has always been very self sufficient, although she was 4 months old when I got her.
Cassi was only 10 weeks so needs a lot more reassurance, I can watch her confidence grow pretty much daily (Same as her physical size I could swear!) - but she's just taking her time Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2022, 04:25:46 PM +0100 »

It's donation time again folks  cursing

Please give whatever you can afford, to help us keep running.

Thanks  I Am Not Worthy

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2022, 05:03:14 PM +0100 »

Hello all,

I was in Le Mans this we so that I wasn't able to think about any little fun event for this Wed.
And I won't be home tonight, but I wanted to let you know that I'd be glad if any of you fancy joining this tomorrow evening :

Date : Thursday, July the 7th
Qualif (if enough drivers) : 19h15 gmt
Race : 19h30 gmt
Car : Lotus Evora S
Track : Mugello - Fast conditions, clear weather, possible moderate wind, 2pm
Password : Usual defaut password (this time correctly typed by me  punk clap)
Damage : 70%
Special Rules : No ABS, no TC, street tyres only.

Notes : This week again it will be a modern car. Am I unwell are you going to ask  Grin nope, but very little time to setup something fun and easy to ride.  angel Last week was real fun but damn slow, this time let's get some powaaa.. This car is very fun, she wants to play with you, and provides some nice feeling and enjoyable sound. Her engine is very lively, so that heel&toes need to be as subtle as quick. Her behaviour is very well equilibrated despite being pretty vivacious. As no ABS is allowed of course, I would suggest you to much lower the braking power (I'm going to keep it around the minimum of 80%)

Also known as "Solmyr"
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2022, 10:18:00 AM +0100 »

Good to see something put up as an event. Just don't think I'll manage to get behind the pc tonight. Sad
Hopefully I can get some racing in before I am off for the holidays.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2022, 04:52:47 PM +0100 »

I think some clarification.....

Posting it here will almost guarantee that few people will see it...

Has no one asked Dave to give him access to create events/ forum posts in here for events?

Is this run on our server or your own.. as i seem to remember seeing you trying to sort something out on your own hardware?

If not then I'm sure someone who does/ can access our server set it up for you

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2022, 06:02:58 PM +0100 »

I think some clarification.....

Posting it here will almost guarantee that few people will see it...

Has no one asked Dave to give him access to create events/ forum posts in here for events?

Is this run on our server or your own.. as i seem to remember seeing you trying to sort something out on your own hardware?

If not then I'm sure someone who does/ can access our server set it up for you

Hi Mr Spanner, yes I know that, it's just to throw something in while having no time to ask for threads creation or rights to be granted, but just for this week. I think I will need to ask Tony if he accepts to upgrade me as a race director and then, I also would have to learn to manage sro servers.
But for now it's only a little fun event, whose I make advertisment here and hosted on my own PC.

Better organisation in order to second Tim would need more time.  Wink

Also known as "Solmyr"
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com