The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 16, 2024, 10:31:51 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A18130RS Ahvenisto: May 04, 2022
May 04, 2022, 01:53:29 PM +0100 - Ahvenisto - UKAC Season 18 Skoda 130RS Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Jos Ogos
 Crank of Brothers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 5 +0.636
---
1 44:07.611
---
28 1:33.461
---
Goodyear  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 2 +0.308
---
2 +0.559
---
28 1:33.588
---
Goodyear  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 4 +0.547
---
3 +23.360
---
28 1:33.978
---
Goodyear  
KDiesel

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 7 +1.034
---
4 +24.090
---
28 1:34.120
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 3 +0.469
---
5 +25.237
---
28 1:33.989
---
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 1 1:33.123
---
6 +28.993
---
28 1:33.415
---
Goodyear  
IbnSolmyr
 Crank of Brothers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 9 +1.913
---
7 +30.263
---
28 1:34.071
---
Goodyear  
L4de

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 10 +2.489
---
8 +48.022
---
28 1:34.814
---
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 6 +0.930
---
9 +1:00.518
---
28 1:34.630
---
Goodyear  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 8 +1.042
---
10 +8L
---
20 1:35.154
---
Goodyear  
Christian Dauger
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Škoda 130RS {unknown} DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
Barone
 Magnesium Team
Škoda 130RS {unknown} ---
---
Goodyear  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} ---
---
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:33.123
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Škoda 130RSMay 04, 2022, 01:53:29 PM +0100
A18130RS
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:33.415
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Škoda 130RSMay 04, 2022, 01:53:29 PM +0100
A18130RS
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 18 Skoda 130RS Trophy - Round 4 - Ahvenisto - May 4  (Read 608 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2022, 06:08:14 PM +0100 »

Password: see above

Welcome to round 4 of the Skoda 130RS Trophy!
The last round was a very high speed mountain course, so it may come as a relief to be visiting a much slower and twistier hilly course instead.
Expect our resident Skandinavians to be fighting over top honours here on their 'home' track of the season!

As mentioned in the announcement for the series we have no mandatory tire/fuel stop, but the tire wear has been set at 130% so you may or may not need tires...

Timings:
Practice: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qualifying: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  (28 Laps)

Cars allowed:
Skoda 130RS

Skin Pack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kp1n9c9yt68yyih/Skoda%20skins.rar?dl=0

Inside the pack you will find 5 folders - these need to be placed into "*Your steam library*steamappscommonassettocorsacontentcarstmm_skoda_130rsskins"

I also recommend you install the big skin pack from the 1st post in the announcement thread - I may have selected some of those cars when setting up the server (It's nearly impossible to tell which are which in the server software). If you see any white cars this will be your problem.

Track: Ahvenisto

Live Timing: stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: 130%
Fuel consumption: normal

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=98
RANDOMNESS=2
LAP_GAIN=20
SESSION_TRANSFER=80

Damage: 70%
Lorenzo Galluzzi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 09:30:30 AM +0100 »

Hi everybody,

tried several time to connect to the server, it seems to be "freezed" on qualy session, is it also to you?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 03:38:49 PM +0100 »

Hi Lorenzo, I've just restarted it so hopefully is OK now Smiley
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 06:04:58 PM +0100 »

I did some laps and all seems ok.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 10:03:59 AM +0100 »

yikes yet another new track for me to learn in short time  Shocked Been away at the Donington Historics festival all weekend, so no laps set yet. Had a quick recon lap late last night, feels like an extended hillclimb track! A proper roller-coaster.

IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 11:15:20 AM +0100 »

Indeed another great little track, very well made also but the pitlane seems a bit weird to me.
And again a brain-teaser when it comes to the gearing.

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2022, 12:58:47 PM +0100 »

I noticed the pitlane at the weekend - I'll be moving everyone forward in the load order so as many as posible are in the main lane.
I'll put myself and a few likely suspects who haven't crashed yet with me in the paddock, remember where your pit spot is (In the race) for if you need it.

I think you'll be able to drive through the cones at the start of the lane to reach the paddock, but haven't checked yet - If you're out there with me then I suggest you also check this on Wednesday once the race server has started up!
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2022, 09:16:51 PM +0100 »

I fell into a void. Couldn't even use escape to pits, had to use task manager to quit AC.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2022, 10:42:49 PM +0100 »

At least someone had a worse race than me then!
I popped to the loo after qually as there should have been a 1M30 wait till race start - I got back 15 seconds after the race had started as for some reason the wait had been just 1 minute Roll Eyes
(In fairness to me I tend not to drive into lakes when checking for holes in the mesh Tongue )

Given my pace that was both a terrible result and a very good one at the same time.
6th is rubbish from pole, but it's also great from 30+ seconds behind the rear of pack on lap 1 and only 20 secs from the leader by the end Cool

I'll wear a nappy for the next round...
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2022, 09:37:13 AM +0100 »

Found myself surprisingly well on the pace last night. Qualified 3rd  Smiley

On the grid, Tims car disapeared from in front of me leaving a clear run down to T1. Fabri attacked from the start but i held it cleanly and was through in 2nd behind Lorenzo. The top 4 were in a long battle with each other for quite a while, each having a nibble/closing up at certain corners but maintaining position. Then i saw Fabri lose a spot behind me to Jos. I kept Jos behind me for a few laps until he got a better run on me down the back straight to T1, saw he was half alongside and gave space and slotted back in alongside between T1-T3. However on the run back up the hill in T3 we were side by side with me on the inside. I considered this part of the track fair game for two cars running beside each other but Jos cut across my nose and span me round into the path of a fast charging Fabri. I suffered front and rear end damage and dropped 3 places  Sad In my opinion, Jos should have given racing room to a car on the inside of a left hand turn but i'll leave it to the stewards to decide (Tim?) - it might look different on a replay and know Jos isnt a dirty racer.
So now down in 5th i had Fabri and Kimi ahead of me. We had a fantastic 3 way battle until the very end of the race, dicing with and attacking each other the whole time without a hint of contact.  Cool Alas because i had damage, i kept dropping 3-5/10ths down the back straight, whereas earlier in the race my gearing had always gained me a few tenths over Fabri. So i had to work doubly hard to stay with and attack them, had a proper sweat on by the end!  sweatdrop but it was excellent fun  Smiley
Overall, felt robbed of a podium but it was a cracking race.  thumbup1

IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2022, 10:16:30 AM +0100 »

Just a quick reply to say sorry to Jari : that tap down that hill was entirely my bad, and it could have ended really badly if you hadn't mastered that slide man. Unfortunately Geoffers as far as I can recall managed to trick us !  Grin

Also known as "Solmyr"
Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2022, 11:01:28 AM +0100 »

Eventful and intense race yesterday for me. This car has a sweet spot for speed... Slow if you play conservative and unforgiving if you over drive it. I think I was quite in the sweet range for most of the race...
I had done some good times at the end of practice and was expecting a better result in qualy... So 5th came as a blow that made me reconsider my real chances for the race. I had barely practiced on this track so I knew more pace should come during the race so still had some hopes to save the day.
With Tim out of contention due to his timely physiological needs XD, the top spot came into play. The start of the race was intense. I think I had a bump with Geoff but nothing serious happened and I managed to consolidate 4th behind Fabri and Mark with Kimi breathing closely on my neck for a good while. That was intense. The pace was coming and I managed to steadily open a gap with Kimi and get closer to Fabri. Overtaking is not easy in this track (I think, at least not without being gifted with a mistake...). I put a lot of pressure on Fabri and managed the overtake in Tarun Mutka (Turn 5)... Then the battle with Mark. He was defending well but I had more speed in some parts of the track and make my move after closing down in our approach to T1. I had won the position and didn't think to aggressively defend by staying on the left on the first part of T2-T3 (which would have kept Mark behind and without a chance to immediately attack after my overtake) as this would delay both of us for no apparent gain... Overtaking on the second part of T3 was simply impossible in my view. I kept the right of the track to take T3 with momentum and keep the speed. It seems Mark interpreted this as an opportunity to gain on the left part of the track and intended to get back in front at that perilous point of the track... I took the turn leaving enough space on the left for Mark (at least this was my intention - you can judge checking the replay at 14:40 -) but any more than the bare minimum wouldn't be possible without killing everyones' speed... Considering we were at 1/3 of the race, there was plenty of time to come back an attack in a more suitable point... My view in any case. I didn't want to put Mark in a difficult position and tried to leave space... I'll leave it to the stewards to decide.
I received some damage but kept pushing hard to close on Lorenzo. There were clear points where I had the speed advantage and manage to capitalise on a mistake again in Tarun Mutka. From then, and other than a silly mistake in the last lap, I manage to keep my cool and bring the 130RS safely home.

Annoyed if I misjudged the situation with Mark and apologies in any case as he clearly feels aggravated, but pleased with the overall race and pace. Congrats to Lorenzo and Fabri for the podiums!

Video of the race: https://youtu.be/9uMTgtdcX7s

Jos
Enjoy!

Check out my YouTube channel: JO Simracing
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2022, 11:03:39 AM +0100 »

Just a quick reply to say sorry to Jari : that tap down that hill was entirely my bad, and it could have ended really badly if you hadn't mastered that slide man. Unfortunately Geoffers as far as I can recall managed to trick us !  Grin

Yeh, didn't last long though, as I spun out myself at the same corner a few laps later  Roll Eyes. I seemed to be quite competitive here in practice but nearly everyone else found some extra speed in qually & race & coupled with several mistakes I ended up last finisher for the second week running!
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2022, 06:38:12 PM +0100 »

The race was very good, with that three-cars fight between me, Mark and Kimi.

Unfortunately I lost some time because of that contact between Mark and Jos. But the third position was the best I could get anyway. Considering that a position was given by Tim, who was still in the pits behind a wall when the race started.

Congratulations to Jos, Lorenzo and the other guys (including Mark and Kimi for the great fight).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com