The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 07:38:48 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Caterham expansion pack  (Read 5474 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: May 15, 2007, 07:20:22 AM +0100 »

RACE - THE WTCC GAME RE-FUELED WITH OFFICIAL EXPANSION PACK BASED ON CATERHAM CARS

Celebrating the 50 year anniversary of Caterham Cars Ltd, players now have the opportunity to expand their WTCC Experience and race these exceptional classic sportscars.

RACE: CATERHAM allows you to drive a total of 60 individual new cars/car skins based on some of the most exciting models of the Caterham sports car range. You will get the chance to explore the tracks with the Caterham CSR 200, CSR 260 or the CSR 320 Concept, the later being a concept version with a grueling 320hp – plus two new tracks ; the legendary circuit of Imola and the former GP-track of Estoril.

RACE: CATERHAM comes with new functions that also affect the original RACE game including; improved performance scalability, a performance monitor to help the player find the best possible graphical settings and a new controller interface with more options.

RACE: CATERHAM will be available in stores as a two disc bundle of RACE – The WTCC Game and the CATERHAM Expansion. Existing owners of RACE can purchase the upgrade through digital download via Steam.

RACE: CATERHAM will be available in stores as a two disc bundle of RACE – The WTCC Game and the CATERHAM Expansion. Existing owners of RACE can purchase the upgrade through digital download via Steam.

The RACE CATERHAM Expansion pack will be released on PC end of Q2 of 2007 across all European territories and online.

For further information visit: www.race-game.org

"End of Q2" presumably means next month - no pricing information that I can see (not that I bought Race either!).

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Adam Parle
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 08:42:41 AM +0100 »

Thanks but no thanks ......  (I don't own RACE either - the demo lasted 5 minutes on my comp)

Got the Caterham mod for rF,  that'll do nicely even if it is still a beta.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 08:46:15 AM +0100 »

But the problem with RACE is that the car handling ain't very good and the multiplayer was like a bad beta, so adding more cars to the same game ain't gonna make me buy it.

I await to see what they do to the actual core game engine for RACE 07, but I'm not holding my breath.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Nick Phillips
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 08:49:23 PM +0100 »

Free trial of mod is now available via steam.

Just reloading steam won't work, you have to go to settings - messages

and than put a flag at 'news and upcoming releases'
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:08:49 PM +0100 »

Do you have to have the original RACE to try it?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Nick Phillips
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 10:16:41 PM +0100 »

Dunno, yes I do and I guess so.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 07:22:12 AM +0100 »

Official expansion pack for SimBin’s acclaimed racing series available for limited-time, free download on Steam.

June 18, 2007 -- SimBin, a multiple award winning game studio, today announces that RACE: CATERHAM—the official expansion pack for RACE – The WTCC Game—is now available for free on Steam, a leading online platform for the distribution and management of PC games. For this week only, June 18-22, current owners of RACE can download the full version of RACE: CATERHAM for free. After the special promotion ends on June 22, the Caterham Expansion will be available for purchase on Steam (www.steampowered.com) for $4.95. RACE and the CATERHAM Expansion will be available together for $24.95.

“The decision to give away the full Caterham Expansion is our way of thanking our loyal fans,” said Henrik Roos, CEO of SimBin Studios. “This limited time offer is a tribute to the entire community, many of whom have been actively playing our games since the release of our first title, GTR, in 2004.”

Celebrating the 50 year anniversary of Caterham Cars Ltd, players now have the opportunity to expand their WTCC Experience and race these exceptional classic sportscars. RACE: CATERHAM introduces a total of 60 individual new cars/car skins based on some of the most exciting models of the Caterham sports car range, including the Caterham CSR 200, CSR 260 or the CSR 320 Concept, a concept version with a grueling 320hp. Racers can run the cars on two exciting new tracks: the legendary circuit of Imola and the former GP-track of Estoril.

– ends -

For further information, please contact:

Magnus Ling
Chief Communication Officer
SimBin Studios AB

Email: [email protected]
Phone: +46709644654

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 07:22:36 AM +0100 »

The question is, is the rFactor one or this one the better drive?

RS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 04:03:07 PM +0100 »

I would agree with you guys I wasn't too sure about the physics in the original WTCC game but the Caterham mod feels great IMO and most other drivers I have spoke to who raced the rFactor mod said it was better. I'm still not sure about the whole RACE interface yet, doesn't feel as polished as GTR2 for example and the online seems a bit buggy still but on the whole it is getting better with addition of some nice FFB tweaks. Still the only downside is not being able to add skins to the game, which is a shame but maybe that will come later, who knows.

All the teams in the Caterhams are based on Sim racing

Team and driver names will be based on real life SimRacing teams and their drivers.
This is done as a tribute to the loyal fans of SimBin games.

RS Motorsport have been fortunate enough to have had two team cars and drivers (Myself and Radius) included in the CSR200 class, they even used the team colours which was a nice touch, thanks SimBin !

If you know someone who has it then definitely give it a try, very close and much fun

P.S. Careful what you say about it you guys even have your website advertised on Simbin's website lol! Wink http://www.race-game.org/community/fansite.htm

Have fun !!!

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 11:04:12 AM +0100 »

Thanks RS. Nice that your team got into the game, well done.
I take it Team Shark wasn't accepted as we put our names forward along with many teams?

How is the force feedback in the Caterham expansion and have you tried it online at all?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 01:39:10 PM +0100 »

I have just had a quick drive with the caterham mod, and it does seem more complete than when i tried RACE a few months ago.
I havn't played it since then, so this was a welcome suprise  Cool
Online dosent seem bad either, with decent frame rates...check it out guys and see what you think.

Nick Phillips
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 02:25:37 PM +0100 »

Had a look for Sharks but none there, guess we may appear in Race 07.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 03:09:57 PM +0100 »

Wow, I just had a go of this and wow, this is sorted. The Caterhams are superb. Decent engine noises too, great FF, great handling. Finally they seem to have cracked it. Had a go with the Touring Cars again and even they seem a lot better although those engine sounds are just plain rubbish, and the cars are obviously not as much fun to drive as the Caterhams. I may just have to go and buy this now! The graphics are not all that and quite disappointing imho, nowhere near as good as GTR2 and even that is looking at bit old compared to some of the stuff that's being done nowadays (not in the racing game genre I might add), but the handling is the most important part so I can live with the graphics.

I really think they should release a demo of the Caterham expansion as that will show it off much better.

This is such a pleasant surprise as my main gripe with RACE was that it wasn't great to drive, now this is a lot better. There is hope for RACE 07 after all.

Shame about Team Shark not getting included, but never mind, as you say maybe RACE 07 will feature us.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
RS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 05:44:15 PM +0100 »

Looks like you have answered your own questions now lol !!!

I'm enjoying them a lot, some are having problems with LAG online but I have heard running the connection speed on LAN seems to cure it.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 05:49:31 PM +0100 »

Played this a bit more and the power sliding in the fast Caterham is just sublime. It's brilliant fun just driving the thing. It feels like I expected a Caterham to feel although I've never driven one in real life it feels right.

The game still has some inherent issues and bugs for sure, but the handling of the Caterham is so brilliant. AI is not great, WTCC engine sounds are just ridiculously quiet and awful. The braking lacks a bit of feel, but ignoring everything else in the game if they've got the handling of these Caterhams to feel this good then it's such a big improvement I'm very hopeful now of what is to come in RACE 07.

Really these cars are a hoot to drive, they really should do a demo cause they'd sell so many more copies just with the Caterhams in than the Touring Cars.

I've not tried online at all which was a big issue previously.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com