The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 11:34:50 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safety Car  (Read 241 times)
BiriBiri

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2022, 06:58:25 PM +0100 »

The RR Safety Car is a special service for community members that would like to use it in their league races & similar online scenarios.

The SC can be used to perform manual formation laps in online grids of briefed drivers, or to manage the field in manually administrated FCY phases.

Disclaimer:
- The SC is not intended to be used in Single Player / with AI.
- The SC is not intended to be raced against other SC's
- The SC driver will use a player slot on a MP server.
- The SC does not add formation lap or FCY functionality to the game automatically.
- Brief your drivers if you intend to use it.
- The SC is not being timed/scored by the sim, so it doesn't interfere with race standings.

Usage:
- Add the SC to the car selection when setting up the server.
- To use the roof lights press the "Flash Headlights" key.
- Collisions are enabled.
- SC will grid between P1 and P2 on the starting grid of the race.
- If you want a regular standing start and have the safety car simply available during the race, make sure "Delayed start from pitlane" server settings has a non null value. Then the SC driver should not click to grid before that timeout has elapsed. The SC will then spawn in the pitlane, ready to be used.
- If you intend to use the SC during a race session, stopping the SC should be done inside the pitlane limits (the same lines as the speed limitations), engine can be turned off. ESC shouldn't be pressed as you wouldn't be allowed back.
- SC driver needs to be doing at least the pit speed limit other wise he is ghosted.

Note:
- Third party apps like OtterHud might not work correctly for the SC driver

To get access:

1. Click on your in-game wallet on the portal and choose "Redeem Code" in the drop down.
2. Enter the following Code

Redeem code: JC5D0GV-HX4G97U-1ZVDP4P-TKL6H4J

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 07:02:09 PM +0100 »

quickly tested it, and it worked.

So if you have 1 steward and 1 safety car driver in your league RRE has now SC option. All need to be arranged by the league management. The only thing is that the safety car will not be added to the results.

So for the moment because will only race with 5 drivers, not an option for RRE-SROUK.

But its a freebie with the redeem code
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 10:13:25 PM +0100 »

Nice, thanks for bringing this to my attention  Cool

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 04:40:30 PM +0100 »

I know I must be stupid, but I cannot find where to enter the code to get the car.  Huh
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 04:58:48 PM +0100 »

I know I must be stupid, but I cannot find where to enter the code to get the car.  Huh

where you use your code`s to vaildate your VRP in game.

Store >>> top bar at the right
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 07:48:40 PM +0100 »

Thanks Birger, I tried that earlier & it didn't work so thought I was doing something wrong, but I must have mistyped the code, it worked OK this time.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com