The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 04:59:07 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A18130RS Thompson: May 18, 2022
May 18, 2022, 01:54:47 PM +0100 - Thompson - UKAC Season 18 Skoda 130RS Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 1 2:16.007
---
1 43:32.327
---
19 2:16.162
---
Goodyear  
Jos Ogos
 Crank of Brothers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 2 +1.047
---
2 +19.017
---
19 2:17.388
---
Goodyear  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 5 +1.504
---
3 +22.632
---
19 2:17.411
---
Goodyear  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 4 +1.445
---
4 +23.993
---
19 2:17.377
---
Goodyear  
IbnSolmyr
 Crank of Brothers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 3 +1.285
---
5 +25.330
---
19 2:17.512
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 9 +2.489
---
6 +38.087
---
19 2:17.743
---
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 8 +2.163
---
7 +44.177
---
19 2:18.220
---
Goodyear  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 7 +1.665
---
8 +44.589
---
19 2:17.645
---
Goodyear  
Hristo Itchov
 Turbo Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 6 +1.561
---
9 +1:05.048
---
19 2:17.979
---
Goodyear  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 10 +2.898
---
10 +1:05.268
---
19 2:19.135
---
Goodyear  
L4de

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 12 +5.152
---
11 +1:53.219
---
19 2:20.730
---
Goodyear  
KDiesel

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 11 +4.514
---
12 +1L
---
18 2:18.030
---
Goodyear  
Christian Dauger
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Škoda 130RS {unknown} DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
Barone
 Magnesium Team
Škoda 130RS {unknown} ---
---
Goodyear  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} ---
---
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 18 Skoda 130RS Trophy - Round 6 - Thompson - May 18  (Read 882 times)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2022, 03:22:56 PM +0100 »

Race start:-  Nearly suffered my third consecutive lap1 incident when someone alongside me on the left decided that my car didnt exist, despite being there for several hundred metres! and pulled right into me from behind the car ahead of him (do some race in horse blinkers?!) - i had a car on my right so couldnt go anywhere and had to bail out the throttle to avoid us having an almighty crash that would have taken several cars with us. Of course this meant everyone behind me got a run on me  taz

Woops, sorry Mark that was me, I honestly did not know you were there, I checked & could not see another car, only realised when I bumped into you. Did not do me any good either, had to back off & lost places too. Roll Eyes
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2022, 03:26:09 PM +0100 »

For Hristo, Dimitar, Geoff and anyone else wondering about driving style/balance required here's my pole lap from onboard - I've turned on a load of the RSS apps to show throttle and brake input + the pretty but ultimately useless G-ball Grin

https://youtu.be/Wwgm9j1fszA

Comes up as "This video is private" Tim
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2022, 03:30:31 PM +0100 »

Weird - I think I set to become public after 16:30, I thought the link would work before then though Huh
Best recommendation is give it an hour Cheesy
Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2022, 04:54:24 PM +0100 »

No man's land race for me yesterday...
With Tim alientnicity only expanding and reaching new heights  alien in every race, I could only see the progressive scaled-down version of his Skoda (including the dog) in front...

Whilst not fast enough to challenge Tim, the battles that developed behind between Maxime, Lorenzo and Fabri, kept them busy and at a distance, so I was on my own for the whole race. That's normally the worst for me as, rather than finding excitement in lapping faster laps, I just tend to get bored and make mistakes... I never found my practice pace (under 17's) during the race  no.

When the fights settled behind with a triumphant Fabri, I realised I needed to react and get my act together or I could be challenged for P2 (The P1 for mortals  thumbup2 )... That gave me some encouragement to better myself during the race and I managed the best times under a bit of pressure from Fabri. Other than that, I'd have rather been in the mix and have more fun. I suffer from Tim and his lonely races most of the time... XD.

Congrats to Tim and Fabri and all for racing. I've seen Dimitar's fight with Hristo at TurboRacing which was much fun. I think you are still missing some skins Dimitar as you shouldn't see so many white cars....

My video of the race as usual: https://youtu.be/nEPO5A8NG2o

Enjoy!

Jos

Check out my YouTube channel: JO Simracing
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2022, 05:25:45 PM +0100 »

Woops, sorry Mark that was me, I honestly did not know you were there, I checked & could not see another car, only realised when I bumped into you. Did not do me any good either, had to back off & lost places too. Roll Eyes

You do realise you are making a habit of hitting me on lap 1  Grin .....removes target paintwork  laugh

on a more serious note, dont you use a spotter app like crewchief? (he will yell there is a car alongside etc) or a radar app? Also worth mapping a button or toggle on your steering wheel to glance left/right.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 10:11:23 AM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2022, 12:29:28 PM +0100 »

I was very surprised that my first and only flying lap in Q allowed me to keep the 3rd position on the grid (due to a very stupid fault in T1 L2 braking, then it was a bit discouraging to go again with those 2mn20 laps..)

Quite missed my start so that I was flanked by Lorenzo and Fab but managed to get out of T1 in P3. I did some not so good driving then for a few turns so the faster masters Jos and of course Tim quickly got some gap. Lorenzo was putting pressure though.
Then we got our usual contact with Lorenzo at T2 L2 and both passed me. Looks like we have quite different driving styles despite being in the same pace. My straight braking often is slightly orientated towards an 'early' apex though Lorenzo grabbed a bit of room on his left at the last moment, that led to side by side contact with almost a crash into the barriers for me. It looks obvious that it's just a racing incident to me, and that I have my own responsibility of course, but plz Lorenzo avoid going slightly left at the braking time for a right turn when we're side by side..  Wink

After that it was quite consistant, watching the great fight between both Italians.

It's weird but in this series, when I see a front driver making a substantial mistake, I always fail to take advantage of it... In the end all sorts of drivings seem to be equal..  laugh

Even more oustanding Tim than usual, fantastic Jos driving/pace, great P3 for Fab and super robustness from Lorenzo !

Thanks all for racing !  Smiley

Also known as "Solmyr"
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2022, 01:14:09 PM +0100 »

You do realise you are making a habit of hitting me on lap 1  Grin .....removes target paintwork  laugh

on a more serious note, dont you use a spotter app like crewchief? (he will yell there is a car alongside etc) or a radar app? Also worth mapping a button or toggle on your steering wheel to glance left/right.

Yeh, using crewchief & have buttons mapped for left, right & behind, but still did not know you were there. Huh  I do have a problem in that the buttons for glancing do have a habit of unmapping themselves in AC, no idea why, they are fine in other sims.

I will do my best to keep as far away from you as possible next race.
Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2022, 04:57:29 PM +0100 »

Yeh, using crewchief & have buttons mapped for left, right & behind, but still did not know you were there. Huh  I do have a problem in that the buttons for glancing do have a habit of unmapping themselves in AC, no idea why, they are fine in other sims.

I will do my best to keep as far away from you as possible next race.

I find the best indicator for car proximity is that little 'radar like' app call Helicorsa that let you know the relative position of all cars surrounding you. You can see it on my videos. That, together wit my fantastic CrewChief, makes it very difficult to miss someone... Although it inevitably happens from time to time.

Jos

Check out my YouTube channel: JO Simracing
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2022, 06:10:41 PM +0100 »

I don't use crewchief, but I do use helicorsa (and VR of course) and I've still been guilty of pulling over into people occasionally Embarrassed
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2022, 11:44:17 AM +0100 »

Guys, does anyone have the replay from this race?

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2022, 01:43:24 PM +0100 »

Assuming you mean this race (Thompson), then yes.
If you can confirm you mean this and not Oran park I'll upload it Smiley
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2022, 02:34:51 PM +0100 »

Yes, this race as I made a clip for my battle with Hristo. I just need the replay to make a thumbnail. Smiley

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2022, 03:22:50 PM +0100 »

Here you go - you'll need winrar Smiley

https://www.dropbox.com/s/epd4k52pst9oxjg/Srou%20S18%20Skoda%20130rs%20R6%20Thomson.rar?dl=0
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2022, 03:40:17 PM +0100 »

Thanks. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com