Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 10:52:11 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U Magny-Cours: June 03, 2007
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR - Magny-Cours - Jun 3  (Read 7242 times)
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 09:42:18 PM +0100 »

No problems to report Smiley

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2007, 09:49:37 PM +0100 »

Had a go in the 350Z for the first time and was pleasently surprised. Didn't find it had understeer at all Huh

It changes direction very nicely, it's the sustained corners like those at Monza where it really becomes troublesome.

Had a pretty dodgy first race with overheating front brakes because I stupidly left the ducts at minimum. Something else was definitely wrong though and I suspect my throttle pedal was sticking; sure enough before the second race I checked in the controller options and it's almost totally knackered so I dropped out rather than cause chaos in the middle of the field.

No problems at all with track or skins.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Adam Parle
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007, 09:52:39 PM +0100 »

Gutted to have missed this one - was hoping to break in the Legends Morgan.  Only got back from the Isle of Man at 6.30 .... and totally forgot to download the track/skinpack .... and that was that, the download's already hung at 88% and getting some hideous speeds even now.

Still, glad to hear all's well with the pack, many thanks to the checkers/compilers etc.  Looking forward to seeing them on track.

ps - any chance of a replay so I can have a butchers at them in use?
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007, 10:02:40 PM +0100 »

No problems with cars and track.

First race was eventfull with so many different cars on track

2nd Race was even more fun starting in 3rd with the Viper CC Grin. That Adelaide jump is fun to do....whoeeeeiiiii. Ask Simon  Wink.

Finished 4th with that tank, but that is just because it fits the track I guess.
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2007, 10:07:29 PM +0100 »

Everything was fine with the new skins from what I could see.

Tried the Saleen for the first time in the first race. Not had enough time to practice or develop a set up for it here. It felt pretty good although I set poor qualifying time as could not get one good lap in, same with race,constantly lapping drivers.

Two positives the tyres felt fine after 20Min's and I managed to overtake a 550 on a straight!

Went with the Lambo for second. I have only done a handful of laps around national and was not too sure of that chicane. Managed to get the Lambo to ride it very well. Swapped the lead a couple of times and was ahead by about 8 seconds.

Tyres went off again and car was sliding really badly. Hard to control and was making loads of stupid mistakes too.

Good fun as usual and some nice cars out there too
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2007, 10:09:01 PM +0100 »

No probs with the track. Drove my normal lines and no warnings laugh

Cocked up a bit though, was Karting all day today and went for a nap about 7pm..and woke up gone 9! Managed to join for the second race in the Lister and had no setup, so stuck in the Donny one and hoped it'd work...except I didn't have time to qualify! So started last and by the time I was up to 3rd, they were 15 seconds up the road. Tried to close, couldn't, boring race for me :p

Lister feels good, but its still slower than the Lambo Sad
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2007, 10:10:24 PM +0100 »

that was lots of fun !!!  Huh

Think I miss read or miss understood the standing start rule in the first.  I thought we were doing a warm up lap and before I knew it everyone passed me  Shocked. sorry to (think it was either Dave or Simon) in the first corner bump....trying to play catchup after start.

Not had enough practice at either circuit so spent about even amounts of time on and off the tarmac...at least I found out where the corner cutting pulls you  Grin.

did some nice spins right in front of people trying to lap me....just showing off my new skin realy...thought it would be nice to show you all a few side views too.

Thanks everyone.....good fun....better go and learn Enna better than that Mangy Course.  Cheesy

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2007, 10:12:05 PM +0100 »

That was really great fun.

Firstly, nice work you skinners, some nice looking new cars there, especially love the orange/yellow on the new RL Morgan. Had 2 great races in the 350Z. I've developed a good setup for it from Dubai where it felt truely dire, but here at MC it was fantastic. It was easy to drift and it could brake so late and sideways but still recover (mostly eh TT? Wink). Lacking in straight line, very marginally slower than the Morgan and a bit more lost to the Viper CC (to be expected).

Really really enjoyed that thanks for the racing chaps.

Finally, I'd like to give Bernie the prize for crash of the race when flipping both himself and me onto our roofs by clipping the wall out the final chicane whilst I was following VERY closely. I was laughing my head off at that and the great racing in general.

ps - any chance of a replay so I can have a butchers at them in use?

Yes, I'll be uploading that and the results in a while.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Adam Parle
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2007, 10:16:20 PM +0100 »

Firstly, nice work you skinners, some nice looking new cars there, especially love the orange/yellow on the new LR Morgan.

Shocked  A/the Shark likes the Morgan ..... surely that's the kiss of death for it!!!!! Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2007, 10:19:52 PM +0100 »

That was excellent fun, really enjoyed seeing all the new superb skins on display and driving different cars to the norm.  Cool

The racing was close and fantastic, you can really have good close battles with the GTC and GT3 class cars.
Also thought the standing starts were superb, i wish we could have more of them as they really add another racing dimension to the races, maybe not for GT1 class but definitely for the lower categories.

Good fun and hats off to the skinners for their excellent work. Cool

Thought the Legends Morgan, GT3 cup and Viper-cc were the best of the bunch  Tongue...but then i would say that  Wink

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2007, 10:22:32 PM +0100 »

Nice, close racing with Shark in the first race - darn how I botched it on the last lap!  Roll Eyes   Again close racing with Shark in second race - did I tap you in the first corner in lap 2? You dissapeared so I waited just in case. Anyway, got behind Bernie and Shark a bit later and watched close racing from a close position. Even too close after they crashed into the wall and Bernie flew just over my head.  Shocked   Great stuff, great driving.  Cool
Was chasing Pseudo Team boys later on. Psuedo went off and we went jumping side by side with Reign Man. Scarry!  Grin

Good racing, good skins, lovely!  Kiss
No probs with either skins or tracks, well done.   Smiley

TT
Bernie Lomax

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2007, 10:23:52 PM +0100 »

Yep, a great job by everyone on the skins not to forget the less visual work that has gone into tweaking the tracks as well.

As Simon said, he Truetom and myself were going at it hammer and tongs for a good few laps in a row. The Viper just had enough grunt to keep me in front on the strights. Simon and TT were all over me in the braking zones and corners. A sad end to a great battle when i clipped the wall and took both Simon and myself out.

Some of the most enjoyable racing in a while.
Adam Parle
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2007, 10:30:17 PM +0100 »

Woohoo!  The skinpack's finally finished downloading!  Better late than never I guess.

Time to go check out what all the fuss is about with these new skins!
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2007, 10:31:58 PM +0100 »

Replay and results for races one and two available.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2007, 10:44:37 PM +0100 »

Fantastic skins, congratulations all.
Very fun races.

Cheers