The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 03:48:38 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Historics @ Brands: May 27, 2007 - May 28, 2007
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Masters Historic Festival @ Brands Hatch  (Read 2651 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: May 21, 2007, 10:17:36 AM +0100 »

Hoping to be there on the Monday. Wonder if Andy Purdie is still going to be there in the Group C race?

To finish first, first you must have fins.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 10:39:39 AM +0100 »

As usual I'll be up at Castle Combe,

Touring Cars from the '60s, '70s and '80s, including rounds of the Classic & Historic Saloon Car Championship, Post Historic Touring Car Championship, Classic Group 1 Touring Car Championship, Pre '93 Touring Car Challenge, Production BMW Championship, Classic Thunder Modified Production Saloons; also the Sports Racing & GT Challenge, plus round 3 of the Castle Combe Championships for FF1600, Saloons & Special GTs.

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/home.asp

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 05:52:45 PM +0100 »

Hmm... something tells me I won't be going tomorrow... the big grey fluffy things in the sky perhaps...

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 11:25:57 AM +0100 »

long time dave! i somehow managed a 4th on the Sunday and a win on the Monday!

it poured down but those cars were okay in the wet. My win on Monday was due to confusion by the top guys in the pit lane, I came out 1st from 5th and 4 laps later the race was red flagged. So not the nicest way to win! but one none the less.

The coverage is on www.raceworld.tv and the timing here http://www.msttiming.com/meeting.asp?event=72151&source=msvr2006&eventtype=msvrclub (gotta dl the pdf)

and it was on my 23rd birthday! so a good present. Must have been almost 5 spectators in all that rain!

I will be back on SRou soon, gunning for the clubman champ! been moving and BT have taken 2 months sorting out my phone line for internet but its all sorted now!  Grin
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 11:33:57 AM +0100 by perdy450 » Logged

Adam Parle
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 11:44:48 AM +0100 »

Grin  Welcome back - and congrats on the result.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 11:55:43 AM +0100 »

Saw the result - there was talk on 10 Tenths of how bonkers the Monday race was! Cheesy

We'll just call you Dario from now on... Wink

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 01:22:52 PM +0100 »

Nice one Purds, well done mate,  Cool looking forward to watching the coverage from the link as i was away in France.

Wondered why you hadnt been around for a while...thought that 'real' racing nonsense might have been getting in the way of your virtual racing  Wink Grin

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 03:51:48 PM +0100 »

lol never MJ! real racing just prepares me for the spoils of virtual racing!!!

...plus the crowd is better in virtual racing! less snobs up there own arse, and can actually drive! lol  Wink

EdamSpeed
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 09:30:22 AM +0100 »

Well done Mr. Purdie! Sounds like you had as much fun in the wet as I did, although I was a bit further North Wink

Wondered why you hadnt been around for a while...thought that 'real' racing nonsense might have been getting in the way of your virtual racing  Wink Grin

Same here. Real cars take a bit longer to set up unfortunately. Wish I could just click a button to change my springs Wink
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 03:25:17 PM +0100 »

lol if only, people cant believe when I have two people working all weekend just on one car. But everything needs checking and at the end of the day the car is 20 years old!!!!!

have a video here of it from Top Gear 1989! Tiff raced the car with Derek Bell and they were testing at Silverstone on the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-nv_akmGwg

Mine is the red one! Which is now black but without the rear wheel covers!!!!! which i dont like tbh  Roll Eyes

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 05:58:39 PM +0100 »

Those with Motors TV can see a half hour programme tomorrow (Saturday) at 15:00.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com