The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 03:42:56 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A18130RS Oran Park: May 25, 2022
May 25, 2022, 01:55:28 PM +0100 - Oran Park (GP) - UKAC Season 18 Skoda 130RS Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 1 1:21.253
---
1 44:00.891
---
32 1:21.810
---
Goodyear  
Jos Ogos
 Crank of Brothers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 5 +1.020
---
2 +8.247
---
32 1:21.778
---
Goodyear  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 3 +0.587
---
3 +8.542
---
32 1:21.870
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 4 +0.793
---
4 +33.458
---
32 1:22.346
---
Goodyear  
IbnSolmyr
 Crank of Brothers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 6 +1.162
---
5 +43.932
---
32 1:22.477
---
Goodyear  
KDiesel

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 9 +1.479
---
6 +48.639
---
32 1:22.099
---
Goodyear  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 11 +2.570
---
7 +50.462
---
32 1:22.904
---
Goodyear  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 7 +1.170
---
8 +52.401
---
32 1:22.476
---
Goodyear  
Barone
 Magnesium Team
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 2 +0.432
---
9 +52.472
---
32 1:22.159
---
Goodyear  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 10 +1.496
---
10 +1:02.554
---
32 1:22.833
---
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 8 +1.235
---
11 +16L
---
16 1:22.606
---
Goodyear  
Hristo Itchov
 Turbo Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 12 +2.590
---
12 +25L
---
7 1:23.213
---
Goodyear  
Christian Dauger
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Škoda 130RS {unknown} DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:21.253
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Škoda 130RSMay 25, 2022, 01:55:28 PM +0100
A18130RS
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:21.778
---
Jos Ogos
Race
Škoda 130RSMay 25, 2022, 01:55:28 PM +0100
A18130RS
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 18 Skoda 130RS Trophy - R7 - Oran Park - May 25  (Read 733 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2022, 05:24:29 PM +0100 »

Password: see above

Welcome to round 7 of the Skoda 130RS Trophy!
Figure of 8 circuits are much like busses here at Srou - you wait forever to drive on one and then 2 come along in the same season!
This is a new and vastly improved version of Oran Park, it has a nice combination of tight - often blind - turns and also a load of very fast edge-of-traction style corners similar to those we had at Thompson.
In an unusual turn, the chicanes quite possibly make the track more fun than it would have been without them*!

Timings:
Practice: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qualifying: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  (32 Laps)

Cars allowed:
Skoda 130RS

Skin Pack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kp1n9c9yt68yyih/Skoda%20skins.rar?dl=0

Inside the pack you will find 5 folders - these need to be placed into "*Your steam library*\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\tmm_skoda_130rs\skins"

I also recommend you install the big skin pack from the 1st post in the announcement thread - I may have selected some of those cars when setting up the server (It's nearly impossible to tell which are which in the server software). If you see any white cars this will be your problem.

Track: Oran Park
We will using the GP layout for this event.

Live Timing: stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Time of Day Setting: 15:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: 130%
Fuel consumption: normal

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=98
RANDOMNESS=2
LAP_GAIN=20
SESSION_TRANSFER=80

Damage: 70%

*In the Skodas at least....
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 04:29:30 PM +0100 »

I think last time I drove on this track, it was with Geoffers and Bob, in GT Legends or P&G, about 15(?) years ago !..  Shocked angel

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 07:01:02 PM +0100 »

This should be just a tiny bit more accurate then Wink
It's a bit tight for the V8 stuff (even though that was massively popular here), but is perfect for the Skoda's Grin
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 06:37:39 PM +0100 »

Given the amount of practice that seems to be going on I'm surprised at how quiet it is in here! 
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 06:52:50 PM +0100 »

Given the amount of practice that seems to be going on I'm surprised at how quiet it is in here! 

Too busy practicing. Grin
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 09:34:45 PM +0100 »

Really not happy with Kimi's driving. I was 5th with a few laps to go, and you just pushed me off the track and continued on your way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nseg9a8JeiY
Barone

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2022, 09:55:43 PM +0100 »

A mixed feeling evening,

Qualy was good I managed to get a good first lap, and in the second tentative I was improving a bit (a still long way from Tim who was inhumanly fast Grin) but I made a mis shift on the straight and lost the time, but still my first front row on sruk!

The start was also good, I tried to be conservative and had a nice first two laps with Mark. I was able to make a bit of a gap so I was trying to manage Fabri, Mark and Jos that they were battling behind, then due to another mis shift this time on turn 2 I went a bit wide, Fabri and Jos were right behind me now.
That error made me lose a lot of confidence in turn 2 and in fact after a few laps I made another mistake that cost me two positions.
I was still 4th and in the end it was not a bad place if I could keep the pace the race was still long.
Then after 10 laps or so I went wide on the left handed after the S. Car was lost and so was the race. I rejoined 8th, I tried to take back some places but I was so angry that it was a total shit show.
I had a few fun laps with Maxime, then trying to pass  Stefan I lost a bit of speed and Syd was good at going in the inside, we had some fun with a photo finish last lap but he was in front.
Still angry a lot for a race that I have literally thrown in the bin but s censored t happens.

Still, car/track combo was tons of fun, with lots of rally style left foot braking in the S!
Congrats to the podium lads!

At least I have a nice postcard for the start!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 06:32:32 AM +0100 by Barone » Logged
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 08:03:13 AM +0100 »

Really not happy with Kimi's driving. I was 5th with a few laps to go, and you just pushed me off the track and continued on your way.

...or did you turn in too tight when line was occupaid? If you not happy take it to jury then.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 10:56:00 AM +0100 »

Just to remind everyone of one of our rules here...........

Under no circumstances should drivers engage in discussion of incidents in a public forum (including in-game chat). In particular, no attempt should be made to apportion blame.
A brief mention of an incident may be made in a public race report.

Always best to use the Incident Moderation system.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2022, 12:44:49 PM +0100 »

is that why you tried doing same to me when i was trying to pass? Sorry Syd, but your defending was also un-acceptable last night, pretty much blocking me from passing down the straight for several laps by running me right out to the track edges then coming back across. Thats blocking pure and simple, plus its pointless considering i had just closed you down by about 5 seconds+, its fairly obvious i was a lot faster and your just holding us both up.

Anyway...

Cracking race last night, the Skoda was pretty much dancing around this track, really enjoyed it.  Smiley

In the practise session i got 'in the zone' and was improving my pb lap by lap to sit 2/10ths behind Tim  Shocked but sadly for me, the time gap between practise and qually and then my stracker going off oddly distracted me during qually and it took me several attempts to get anywhere near the pb's i had just been setting  wacko and only bagged 4th on the grid...opportunity missed  Sad

Got a good start and battled 'the mafia' in the opening laps. Two consecutive dodgy exits from the final turn allowed first Barone through, and then Jos. I naievely tried to duke it out with Jos around T1/T2 on the outside and it was daft to do as my back end lost grip and around it came. I nearly held it but saw Jos's front end and was worried i'd collect him so let the car drop back into a half back spin onto the grass verge. Ended up dropping to 9th from 4th  Cry D'oh!

But from back there i had a cracking series of battles, most notably with Maxime who put up a sterling clean defence, very enjoyable fight  and then successively fought my way back upto 4th after several tough encounters with Syd then Kimi. Everyone seemed to be peddling well last night, some more robust than others.  shifty

A missed opportunity for a podium last night but very enjoyable all the same.  Smiley

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2022, 01:04:46 PM +0100 »

Nice racing yesterday. The start was hard as I had to protect few drivers at turn 1. Unfortunately I went to the grass and I think I collided with someone. Apologies.

After that I had to push to take something more than P10. And I was catching Stefan but unfortunately there were more mistakes and in the end it was impossible to take at least P9. Smiley

Shame I am that slow with AC but you guys are showing great pace and consistency. The good news is I was closer to the fastest guys this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR7EySZfSF8

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2022, 02:26:08 PM +0100 »

THIS was club racing yesterday, with some action almost all over the place, great fun !  Cheesy

I was late on getting in the event due to a real car misfortune in the head.. Then a phone call, then it was Q time and I still was out of pace. Got P6 with some luck, guys were only a couple thousandths behind.
Then I did my usual snaily start.  Grin I was sandwiched before T1, right car got the best entry, left car and mine managed to safely pass the trickiest part but then Geoffers finished his move on my car (don't know why exactly, maybe he thought I was fully behind, or was out of grip ?), nothing serious, a very slight, tiny contact but when I was maximum right part of the track, that led to me getting in the grass and I was last car when back.  Shocked

After that it was real fun trying to save my honour in this tricky event.  Tongue

I must say I also suffered a bit from recovering drivers who wanted to defend their position despite being slow/getting back on the track.  Huh I would say that when one just did a mistake, he should accept that his mistake can cost him a position while the recovery process isn't finished yet.

A great fight with Mark indeed, but he was under steroïds yesterday, too strong for me for sure. I tried to hold him though because it was some real clean fun. A beautiful overtake in T1/T2 mister, well done !  clap

Near the end of the race I got pretty lucky with Syd/Kimi 's incident which gave me 2 positions so that I finnished in a barely deserved P5.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 02:29:21 PM +0100 by IbnSolmyr » Logged

Also known as "Solmyr"
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2022, 02:38:40 PM +0100 »

I had a great battle with Jos throughout the race. It was epic. Great, mate!  Cool
Finally my race-pace is getting back to quite competitive, after months of inactivity.

Tim and his dog, impeccable as always. But congratulations to everyone, because I see that the actions were not lacking.
Unlucky race for my teammate Barone, who had an incredible pace and aiming to the podium, but was hampered by gearbox problems.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2022, 03:05:13 PM +0100 »

Then I did my usual snaily start.  Grin I was sandwiched before T1, right car got the best entry, left car and mine managed to safely pass the trickiest part but then Geoffers finished his move on my car (don't know why exactly, maybe he thought I was fully behind, or was out of grip ?), nothing serious, a very slight, tiny contact but when I was maximum right part of the track, that led to me getting in the grass and I was last car when back.  Shocked

Oh dear, looks like I have to say sorry again, sorry Sol. It seems once again I am beginning to question whether I should continue in AC, if I am not making a mess of my own race, I appear to be causing others problems. I will see how next week goes & then decide.  Undecided
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2022, 03:23:06 PM +0100 »

n'ah dont beat yourself up Geoff. These cars are meant for close racing so incidents may always happen in one way or another. So easy to lock a tyre or mis-shift a gear or not spot someone putting their nose alongside etc.  angel

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com