The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 02:25:04 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday Night Series Changing of the Guard  (Read 1424 times)
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2022, 10:09:09 PM +0100 »

Regarding H shifter, just personal choice. I tried it for a while but after years of driving sims with paddles it just felt awkward and the shifter itself always felt like a toy compared with a real car.

If one day you're willing to try again, I'd suggest a full metal rock solid and rather cheap TH8 (A/RS) that you then mod with this :
https://www.customsimshop.com/product-page/th8a-shifter-h-pattern-improvement-mod
The result is a great shifter feedback for a very reasonable price.

Also known as "Solmyr"
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2022, 06:45:06 PM +0100 »

Slightly very off topic, but we tried to run the Euronascars here a few weeks ago. It's a modern series but the cars are very old school and lots of fun and simracing.gp are running a 40 minute race at Brands Hatch with them this Saturday afternoon if anyone here fancies trying them. Only 3 of us signed up so far but numbers usually increase nearer race time.

https://beta.simracing.gp/events/WJyoZGiVw2r4GlZkOKzWA

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2022, 09:48:14 AM +0100 »

Would have been tempted to try, but obviously a tad too busy now Grin
(also TA2 is infinitely better Tongue )
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2022, 10:42:09 AM +0100 »

Yes I understand that this can be very time-consuming of course.  Roll Eyes

I have to tell that I'm usually away from home during several weeks right at the moment (not this year) and around the end of august until mid-september so that I wasn't in the idea to try to ride the horse right now. Jos and I started to talk and think about it as a 'partnership' ! If by any chance Tim would like to get involved in too, or anyone else, I guess that would be pretty valued too..

Some questions pop up in my mind :

- How many drivers can/want to drive these sunday evenings ? At what time exactly ? Evenings or late afternoons ?
- How many drivers would be interested in a classic style driving only ? (H-pattern, no ABS, etc..)
- What are the exact rules regarding content ? I know ripped content is forbidden, but any other details to know ?
- What kind of format are people most likely to enjoy ?

I think it comes down to content.... what do people want to drive....do they enjoy it, becuase most people will be driving on their own for a majority of the race. You guys at the front might be enjoying the racing and the challenge of the driving but those driving slower will not have the same enjoyment...

I dont partake in FMJ's races as they are not something that appeals to me, old cars feel like rally cars to me. Modern cars allow me to be precise, smoother which to me is more enjeable trying to extract the time from them. I drive with paddles on auto clutch, anything just feels alien so actually make it harder to drive

I struggle with alot the new race organsitions when its being run off Discord which provides no structure to posting, threads etc. It actively puts me off.. And acgually dont feel much more that open multiplayer races.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2022, 08:17:35 PM +0100 »

Slightly very off topic, but we tried to run the Euronascars here a few weeks ago. It's a modern series but the cars are very old school and lots of fun and simracing.gp are running a 40 minute race at Brands Hatch with them this Saturday afternoon if anyone here fancies trying them. Only 3 of us signed up so far but numbers usually increase nearer race time.

https://beta.simracing.gp/events/WJyoZGiVw2r4GlZkOKzWA

Hey Tudor,
I kinda remember a server renting at simracing.gp a few months ago, but either I'm mistaken or this possibility has vanished, would you know about this ?  Huh (There were 3 levels of prices/services..)

Also known as "Solmyr"
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2022, 09:09:55 PM +0100 »

This page covers the various services simracing.gp offers...

https://www.simracing.gp/

If you scroll down the page it seems like there is a 3 month free trial available for membership at community level. Events could be posted/discussed here as usual as well as the passwords for our events. Drivers can then book their cars for each race they wish to enter.

IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2022, 09:56:03 PM +0100 »

This page covers the various services simracing.gp offers...

https://www.simracing.gp/

If you scroll down the page it seems like there is a 3 month free trial available for membership at community level. Events could be posted/discussed here as usual as well as the passwords for our events. Drivers can then book their cars for each race they wish to enter.

Well, they completely changed their business model I think. This still looks quite interesting, especially since it's a well designed gathering platform/tool all in one. It would cost about only 1 euro/month/member.. Still not available though.

I'm fully with you, it would be pretty nice. Could bring a lot more drivers into one community than when we actually are spread out over dozens of simracing forums. But for sure I'd like to keep a good old forum like here to discuss the things, as when a community communicates only thanks to Discord it might not bring enough in-depth commitment imo.

Perhaps the fact that results and race servers would be hold in that place would lead to less costs and hassle tasks here for admins ?  Roll Eyes

Also known as "Solmyr"
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2022, 10:24:26 AM +0100 »

There's a Porsche Cup series starting this Thursday if anyone fancies it. One hour long races on some great tracks over the next 6 weeks .....

https://beta.simracing.gp/championships/eMADRMv3-TO0cIOAJC1XR

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2022, 09:02:02 AM +0100 »

Thanks for the heads up GT. After the lovely summer break I am ready for some simracing again.  Grin

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com