Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 02:45:45 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Gaming Equipment  (Read 10995 times)
grantd77

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2007, 06:36:13 AM +0100 »

I just got GTR 2 and I love it but it is really hard to play with a keyboard. I was wondering what is the best but cheapest wheel and pedals I can get for this game. Any help would be great thanks!!
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 07:37:55 AM +0100 »

Hi grantd77.

I currently use a 'Trust' GM-3400 Predator wheel. It is fairly basic but very functional, the best bit is....cost less than 30 quid new.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 09:16:34 AM +0100 »

If you really wanna enjoy simracing it's worth spending a bit more, and go for a DFP or something.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 10:41:55 AM +0100 »

I concur...Logitech Driving Force Pro is the best value for money wheel you can get (and it's pretty good even compared to the high end tbh). You can get them for about £50 now.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 06:58:00 PM +0100 »

Thats why I'm always last  Roll Eyes.....and I thought it was my driving Wink

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Sheepy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 03:30:05 PM +0100 »

I bought one a Logitech Formula Force GP off ebay last year for £20 inc p&p and theres nowt wrong with it.
There are others in the £20-30 price range, Saiteks that look like shit, some Trusts that feature "flat" pedals  Huh and other cheapos.  The Formula Force GP or better still EX I think is the best wheel for that price.

I thought about upgrading to a DFP but im not sure if its worth it, id maybe rather save up for a G25 with clutch and H-shift  Grin
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 09:17:15 PM +0100 »

Like Sheepy says the formula force GP is a good set up for the price.

I have a formula force GP wingman sitting here gathering dust after buying my G25. It was a good steering wheel and pedals.

However there is either a loose connection at the throttle as it comes and goes at certain times, or maybe a suspect potentiometer, or maybe just some electrical cleaning solution might do the trick. I have not even bothered looking at it as treated myself to a G25.

The throttle at certain times seems to blip which is not recommended but I'm sure a quick simple repair will see it working fine.

Overall condition is very good.

I'm happy to give it to anyone who can make use of it. You can either come collect it, I'm in East Kilbride just outside Glasgow or you can cover postage costs.

I am hoping it goes to someone who intends to use it for racing here and not someone looking to pass it on for a quick buck.
Tayloroni

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 03:29:35 AM +0100 »

I'd like to chime in on this one too. I just bought GTR2 and I also think that it's a great but neither my keyboard nor my Saitek Cyborg Rumblepad can control the car worth a shit. I was looking at the Saitek R440
because I have a few other driving games like GT Legends(came with GTR2), TDU and Xpand Rally. I am not a serious sim racer in any stretch of the imagination so you can understand why I don't want to dole out a couple of hundred bucks on a Logitech setup. I would appreciate any feedback.

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=14030AC7271&vpn=R440&manufacture=SAITEK I can get it here pretty cheap, I guess that would be about 38GBP or about 70 Euros.
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 07:00:42 PM +0100 »

I raced all of GTR 1 and the first month of GTR2 with a PS2 pad  Cool

I't's actually not hard at all with tc/abs on, and still not too bad with tc off, but you really need abs unless you have a wheel/pedals!

I'm in the G25 camp now, got it not long after getting GTR2. The wheel is good but the pedals make the biggest difference, it's now much easier to control a car on worn tyres. Invest in a wheel if you want to do league racing. Smiley
Reign Man

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 07:45:50 PM +0100 »

I use a logitech Joystick, I struggle on worn tyres, but otherwise I get on quite well.

IRacing ID = Adam Kell
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 10:10:09 AM +0100 »

FREE OFFER

As I offered further up to have no takers. I have a logitec Formula force feedback GP steering wheel and pedals sitting here gathering dust.

I'm happy to give it free of charge to anyone that needs it to race here.

However it has a slight problem. The throttle was a little suspect. At certain times it seemed to "blip". It's either got to be a loose connection or a suspect potentiometer. Might get away with a contact cleaner or at worst a potentiometer will only cost a couple of pounds.

I have not looked at it as bought a G25 as a treat to myself.

It's no use to me anymore so may as well let someone else from here use it.

Any genuine takers let me know
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 01:21:52 PM +0100 »

As I offered further up to have no takers. I have a logitec Formula force feedback GP steering wheel and pedals sitting here gathering dust.

I had three - I've been cannibalising them for throttle pots for my DFP!

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 02:17:46 PM +0100 »

I had three - I've been cannibalising them for throttle pots for my DFP!

I take it failed potentiometers are common them?

Can't imagine they would cost more that a couple of pound, just a standard item I would guess without looking and not designed specifically for the wingman.

Other than the suspect throttle they are in good condition and are actually pretty good to use too. Although the G25 is a cracking bit of gear I would not say the control from wingman was that far behind
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 02:23:41 PM +0100 »

I take it failed potentiometers are common them?

Can't imagine they would cost more that a couple of pound, just a standard item I would guess without looking and not designed specifically for the wingman.

The specific way it's packaged appears to be Logitech-specific - at least I've not found them for sale as generic items.

Given how much use my pedals get I think they have a surprisingly long lifespan! Probably if I pestered Logitech they would sell/give me some replacements for a sensible price, but at the moment I haven't run out of old LWFF GP pedals to pinch them from!

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Buckie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 10:28:33 AM +0100 »

I'm in East Kilbride just outside Glasgow

Im in Eastkilbride myself, small world.  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com