Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 04:30:27 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: More GTR2 coverage from E3  (Read 9805 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2006, 09:48:15 AM +0100 »

What on earth would you do with photoshop to make those screens look any better without using a ray tracer? I just don't see it.

Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering probably. Wink Tongue

To finish first, first you must have fins.
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2006, 10:17:40 AM +0100 »

I'm willing to buy the AA+AF would improve things argument completely but I'm not quite sure adding them to the widescreen shots above would equal the GTR2 screenshot near the top of the page. As a regular Photoshop user believe me there's a whole raft of things you could do to a screenshot to improve it- improving colour depth, colour balance, richness, adding smoothness, removing engine glitches, adding depth of field, adding motion blur, adding supposed engine effects and so on.

At the end of the day, I'm looking forward to seeing what GTR2 has to offer and don't want to get negative on it mate- the proof is in the pudding and I'm happy to wait for that rubber pudding (with a petrol jui and carbon fibre coolee) and not go overboard on speculation! It's slightly odd to see the varying quality on offer in the preview shots doing the rounds and I'm always mindful of game companies faking things (Sonys' PS3 footage anyone?!) but Blimey didn't do this with GTL, to their credit.

If it looks like GTL, has decent netcode and the weather stuff then I'll buy two copies  Cheesy

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2006, 11:19:21 AM +0100 »

I don't think we have to worry on the graphics tbh and to be fair the driving model and net play is more important, but the eye candy leap from DX7 to DX9 is very welcome as we've been treated to the DX9 delights of GTL.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2006, 11:45:01 AM +0100 »

Don't know where those 'blog' pics come from, but that looks even worse than GTR does on my Radeon 9800 pro!? Stuff like that is just cwap imo and shouldn't even be looked at tbh. Maybe it's from a beta version, maybe the guy used the wrong drivers, settings, etc, maybe they were taken with a camera Wink.
GTR2 is a goose with golden... EGGS! Tongue LOL! They're not going to mess that up by just using GTR and adding 3 cars + some rain drops, come on! Shocked Sad Undecided

I could have given u screenshots of that leaked Half life 2 beta version and I don't think anyone would have believed me, lol, but the end result was stunning! Shocked
Just wait and see, maybe there will be a demo even like that press 1 for GTR, that would be nice Cheesy.

T
AndyG

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2006, 12:06:38 PM +0100 »

I'm pretty sure you'll like it chaps (Fozzmeister excepted of course).
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2006, 12:08:34 PM +0100 »

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
 drool drool (that's a drool smiley in case it's not very obvious LOL Smiley)

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2006, 12:14:55 PM +0100 »

Essential pruchase as far as I'm concerned, like what I'm hearing.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2006, 06:55:28 PM +0100 »

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
 drool drool (that's a drool smiley in case it's not very obvious LOL Smiley)

ROFL! Reminded me of last week's tuesday tbh m8! Wink

T
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com