GTR 2 Graphics Settings Guide

<< < (4/23) > >>

Tibernius:
I'm running GTR2 on a PC with these specs:

Pentium 4 3.0GHz HT
1024MB DDR SDRAM
Sapphire X1600PRO 256MB 8x AGP

And for some reason I only get 8-9 FPS with other cars on track. I can get about 20when doing time-trials.

Joss:
Quote from: Tibernius on October 23, 2007, 07:58:45 PM +0100

I'm running GTR2 on a PC with these specs:

Pentium 4 3.0GHz HT
1024MB DDR SDRAM
Sapphire X1600PRO 256MB 8x AGP

And for some reason I only get 8-9 FPS with other cars on track. I can get about 20when doing time-trials.

That can't be right....
My old machine was a 2.8 P4, 1 gig ram and a 9800pro, and that managed 60-70fps ok in the dry...

Make sure you have the latest drivers for ur gfx card, and turn off anything that isn't needed to run GTR (anti virus, steam, etc). Run it again on medium detail - how does it run now? It should be smooth as silk, if not, something else needs checking on.....

Tibernius:
I'm running DirectX 9.0c as well, maybe that will be of some help.

I'll give it a try tonight with background processes off (thanks FreQ), and some new drivers.

Would some more RAM help? Or is the problem more CPU orientated?

Jeffrey:
Quote from: Tibernius on October 24, 2007, 09:40:20 AM +0100

I'm running DirectX 9.0c as well, maybe that will be of some help.

I'll give it a try tonight with background processes off (thanks FreQ), and some new drivers.

Would some more RAM help? Or is the problem more CPU orientated?

GTR2 is very CPU heavy.

Jure:
1 gig of RAM isn't enough.

start GTR2Config.exe and set directx to level 8 (and not dx9, forget about that with that sort of CPU, directx is a library of commands, utilising both gfx and cpu)

set "other car details" to low detail and get rid of all smoke/special effects (or you'll get 1FPS when someone in front of you locks up under braking).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page