GTR 2 Graphics Settings Guide

<< < (2/23) > >>

Adam Parle:
Quote from: Darren on July 17, 2007, 12:21:03 PM +0100

Really?

What AA and AF settings do you use?

Dunno - I mostly max it out in GTR2 and GTL - it's only on the really details add on courses it's noticable - I know Sharks got a similar setup and the same is true.

Simon Gymer:
Quote from: Adam Parle on July 17, 2007, 12:52:16 PM +0100

Dunno - I mostly max it out in GTR2 and GTL - it's only on the really details add on courses it's noticable - I know Sharks got a similar setup and the same is true.

Exactly the same setup. I use 4xAA and 16xAF, but in the rain at night with a full grid at the start it can go down to 15fps with the details I run at (not quite max). After start it's fine as there are not many cars to draw once a race is underway at night in the rain it runs at about 40fps. In the dry it runs fine even at start. During a race in the dry the lowest it ever goes is 45fps I would say, but most of the time it's over 100fps.

DynoDaz:
I have the same setup as you guys but with 4GB RAM and my CPU is overclocked to 3.2GHz.

I find I can achieve better fps by tweaking a few 3D settings via the Nvidia Control Panel.

I've also found that the latest XP Nvidia beta drivers are very good (162.15 is the latest I think).  It gave me a good boost in fps at Magny (140fps+ in the dry).  I must admit I didn't check during the endurance race, but I didn't notice any slow down :thumbup1:

I used to use 4xAA but I've found when racing I can get away with 2xAA.  16xAF a is must..  I run at 1920x1200 and so far I've never seen below 30fps, even in the rain and the dark..

Wilier:
If its any consolation, Ive got an 8800GTX running on an Intel Core2Duo Extreme Edition with 4gb of 8500DDR2 and it still stutters in certain circumstances!!

Simon Gymer:
Quote from: Wilier on July 19, 2007, 07:49:54 AM +0100

If its any consolation, Ive got an 8800GTX running on an Intel Core2Duo Extreme Edition with 4gb of 8500DDR2 and it still stutters in certain circumstances!!

Can't say I'm surprised. It uses far too much CPU and not enough graphics card to do the lighting and shadows, but I guess that might be a limitation of DX9 (not a games programmer so it's pure speculation on my part) Blimey! say their next title (Ferrari game) will be able to use the Physics Cards now available, so if you have one of those maybe at long last the CPU will be able to cope with the graphics engine. :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page