by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 12:42:09 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTC-65 Skin Pack v1.4 Test: August 02, 2007
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Pre-Season 3 (GTC-65) - Spa - Aug 2  (Read 10401 times)
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2007, 10:11:13 PM +0100 »

Standing start was not clever from the back. Everybody went, then stopped. I nudged the car ahead but if that happened slightly down the grid, or with faster car, that could have been the end.
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2007, 10:21:42 PM +0100 »

Sorry i missed this test race, fortunatly it seems it worked fine.
I was planning race the E-Type, for what i saw, it would be the
only one there, oh dear, next time  Smiley

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 01:15:48 PM +0100 by pribeiro » Logged

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2007, 10:24:00 PM +0100 »

Not sure about standing start - it all came to a halt in front, then an Elan went strait into the back of me once i had come to a standstill...bit of confusion about the start? it looked like the guys in front were expecting rolling start or something...nevermind.
Anyway, had a few good laps in the Cobra, (respect to Simon for keeping it going and winning in this beast), but lost momentum after a while, and kept losing it under braking + giving it too much around the bends.
Good racing with pseudo & kerr, swapping positions for a while - good stuff Cool

Skins all looked nice to me - no probs here

baracus250gt
Incident Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2007, 11:44:55 PM +0100 »

I was planning race the E-Type, for what i saw, it would be the
only one there

I was planning on taking the Catuar E-Type too but it was decided that the skins were causing problems so was switched off for the race mate.

A very interesting race for me starting from 3rd got a decent enough start but going into Eau Rouge I played it safe and lost a bit of gound going up the hill. Went backwards for the first half of the lap and got stuck behind Steve's Vette with Mooman (I think?) right behind me. That was hectic trying to defend from an Elan whilst not rear-ending a Vette going into bends! Coming out of the bend and up the long hill towards bus stop Steve went a bit wide onto the grass so I managed to sneak through and stay there until we turned into the first fast left so then that gave me some breathing room. First time through Eau Rouge at speed I understeered off into the wall but luckily it wasnt a full-on face-plant but enough of a glancing blow to push me over onto the marbles in the pit exit no-man's land and again I lost places!!

Maybe I did have some damage from that, I don't know, but it felt OK.

The rest of the race is a bit of a blur for me as I just couldn't find a nice rhythm. Some laps I was loosing 2.5 seconds just by not catching apexes properly. Had some really great battles trying to outfox the Vette again and trying to catch Mooman and Matt pretty much all race.

Every time I got nearer the cars in front I overdrove and lost ground again. At one point I was getting really close to Matt and half-spun the thing through the exit of 1st part of Bus Stop and lost another 3 seconds!

I could have sworn I read the race was 15 laps, and just as I was getting within striking range of Matt for what I thought was gonna be a last lap scrap, we crossed the line and the "Race over" message came up which really surprised me to say the least!!

1 mistake too many!

Very well done to Simon that was some drive mate! Interesting you think its like the Panty to drive... I find that car has a mind of its own - and its a mind that seems to like sight seeing!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 11:47:33 PM +0100 by baracus250gt » Logged
Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2007, 02:52:19 AM +0100 »

I see "ginsters sponsored" was using my TVR, but didn't have any posted time, did my skin not work properly???  Huh Huh
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2007, 07:43:14 AM +0100 »

I see "ginsters sponsored" was using my TVR, but didn't have any posted time, did my skin not work properly???  Huh Huh

Did this not answer your question:
Sorry for the bale, had to go. No skin problems to report Smiley

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2007, 08:26:25 AM +0100 »

Did this not answer your question:
Sorry for the bale, had to go. No skin problems to report Smiley

Oops didn't see that!

Oh well got my post count up +2!!!!!!!!!
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2007, 09:03:06 AM +0100 »

And very nice it looked too, Mr.BMW Smiley.

Used it for testing purposes only. If anyones skin needs testing next time out just shout, or I'll use one not in use again. Hopefully I'll be allowed out to play all night then Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 10:03:48 AM +0100 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2007, 10:00:04 AM +0100 »

Standing start worked fine from where i was (8th), other than both me and Bernie nearly rear-ended Zacari who didnt seem to move off the line (prob that new gear stick he's getting used to) and thats probably what caused a bit of a concertina further back, as we both accelerated hard in the yank muscle cars, only to have to brake very hard to avoid a collision with the stationary elan. Shocked
Seemed all clean up through Eau rouge too.  angel

Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2007, 10:22:25 AM +0100 »

It was partly the gears, but I was adjusting the car setup when I suddenly remembered you only get 30 seconds to join and I cut it so fine I wasn't even sitting down when the green light countdown started! Embarrassed  Well done to everyone for avoiding me though Cool

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2007, 10:34:11 AM +0100 »

ERRRRR...What lights and countdown?......I couldn't see any lights, or get a countdown  :'( just had to try and react when I saw the cars in front move....(and looking at the replay didn't react too quickly either Roll Eyes)

The 'standstill' at the back was just the cocertina effect, but on the whole the standing starts are much more fun than the rolling and generally have gone well without any major incidents. I vote to keep them for S3.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2007, 11:04:49 AM +0100 »

I'd obviously vote for standing starts too, I always seem to make up loads of places!!  Grin

That was fun in the Vette but massively difficult by the end, the tyres were more fragged than I've ever experienced before, like driving on ice, started going around lap 9, which was fun as the car got more loose, but by the final lap I couldn't accelerate with full throttle even in top.  No chance of defending against Zacari around lap 11, he just drive right by me!

Fun with the Elans at the start, first third of the lap is all Vette, then the Elans just zoomed up and I know I was dead slow through the bends but hope I was fair.  You all got by in the end though!

Pleased to have semi-conquered my Vette-phobia.  I now have a much better idea how to drive the thing, just gotta remember not to try and brake late, the moment the car breaks traction on turn in it just slides and slides for 2-3 seconds until the tyres bite again and in that time you're just a passenger losing time and watching the 'little cars' dive down the inside.  Wink

So lots of little mistakes all the way through but I mainly kept it on the black stuff.  Smiley

Enjoyed my first 'serious' race with my new DFP too!  Grin

Mooman117

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2007, 12:15:28 PM +0100 »

Fun with the Elans at the start, first third of the lap is all Vette, then the Elans just zoomed up and I know I was dead slow through the bends but hope I was fair.  You all got by in the end though!

Don't think you could have been much better in the Vette. Anyway I think I gave you a little love tap from behind (ooh er misses) in to the final hairpin. It was only a little one and wasn't quite keyed in to how much ground I'd make up on the brakes. Sorry
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 12:18:01 PM +0100 by Mooman117 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com