The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 01:44:21 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to the new web server!  (Read 12167 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2007, 01:47:13 PM +0100 »

Is there someway to by default have the race results "shrunk" when you go to a forum post. It's just a lot of scrolling to do whenever someone replies I have to scroll past the results and everything else before getting to the right post.

It used to go to the new post entry when you click on the email you get but now it just goes to the topic, e.g. https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3374.new;topicseen#new goes to the top of the topic, not the new posts cause the results are "in the way now".

FYI, I have newest posts a the top as my forum setting.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2007, 04:59:21 PM +0100 »

It used to go to the new post entry when you click on the email you get but now it just goes to the topic, e.g. https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3374.new;topicseen#new goes to the top of the topic, not the new posts cause the results are "in the way now".

Try it now. The links in the latest version of the SMF default theme are a bit 'funny' - I think it's putting some in which aren't needed at all so I've taken them out.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2007, 05:54:46 PM +0100 »

Try it now. The links in the latest version of the SMF default theme are a bit 'funny' - I think it's putting some in which aren't needed at all so I've taken them out.

Excellent that works. Thanks.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2007, 11:52:33 AM +0100 »

Is it just me or does the site seem very slow at the moment?

Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2007, 12:17:20 PM +0100 »

Is it just me or does the site seem very slow at the moment?

Fine at my end
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2007, 12:24:22 PM +0100 »

No probs for me.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2007, 05:58:44 PM +0100 »

I can still find posts marked 'new' that I've not read, is there a time limit as to how far back the 'show all unread' goes back, or should it do all of them?

edit: as a specific example from my profile, the topic 'Forza Motorsport 2' is one marked 'new' but doesn't get shown in the 'show all unread topics', and that's a very recent one

There's no time limit; indeed I sometimes mark threads as 'unread' and leave them for weeks before acting on them (a sort of simple TO DO list).

I think the 'new' flag can come up if a post has been edited but there are no new posts. That situation will 'fall between the chairs' as the Swedes say.

Sorry to dredge this up again, but it's definately more than that Dave.  I didn't read a load of the replies to the GTL race last night, it says 'new' but doesn't come up in the 'all unread posts' link.  Don't know what the heck's up with it but it's getting more and more frustrating having to burrow through all the forums looking for new stuff Sad it's not just the GTL posts either, there's several topics like it.  I'm beginning to think the only way around it is to create a new forum profile and use that, seen as others don't seem to have this issue.

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2007, 06:22:53 PM +0100 »

Sorry to dredge this up again, but it's definately more than that Dave.  I didn't read a load of the replies to the GTL race last night, it says 'new' but doesn't come up in the 'all unread posts' link.  Don't know what the heck's up with it but it's getting more and more frustrating having to burrow through all the forums looking for new stuff Sad it's not just the GTL posts either, there's several topics like it.  I'm beginning to think the only way around it is to create a new forum profile and use that, seen as others don't seem to have this issue.

You do realise that if you touch a topic at all - even if you don't read all the pages - that it's marked as read up until the last post posted, unless you either use the 'Mark Unread' button, or somebody actually posts something new? You can't read up to page 2 and then decide to read 3, 4 and 5 later and just stop - you have to use Mark Unread for it to show up as unread.

Also, in your profile Notification and Email settings you have "Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply" turned on and I don't.

Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2007, 06:31:35 PM +0100 »

I've changed the profile notification thing to see if that does it.  It always used to work, back in the day, and it works 100% fine on the Team Shark website so I know what it's supposed to look like.

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com