by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 06:36:47 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L23ETCC Brno: February 06, 2023
February 06, 2023, 08:42:11 PM +0000 - Brno (1949-64) - UKGTL Season 23 1971 ETCC Div.3
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
MichaW

Opel Commodore (#15) GTC-TC-76 5 +5.850
105.311mph
1 44:42.153
104.518mph
9 4:53.362
106.177mph
Avon  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Mustang Gr2 (#33) {unknown} 2 +0.680
107.184mph
2 +12.148
104.047mph
9 4:53.183
106.242mph
Goodyear  
Daz9

Opel Commodore (#15) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.925
107.094mph
3 +15.089
103.934mph
9 4:50.467
107.235mph
Avon  
fpolicardi
 Team7
BMW 2800 CS (#110) GTC-TC-76 7 +7.667
104.668mph
4 +1:01.421
102.178mph
9 4:58.930
104.199mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Opel Commodore (#601) GTC-TC-76 4 +5.047
105.597mph
5 +1:19.796
101.499mph
9 4:57.733
104.618mph
Avon  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Opel Commodore (#601) GTC-TC-76 10 +17.036
101.473mph
6 +3:26.360
97.051mph
9 5:10.760
100.232mph
Avon  
PaulV
 Blue Moose Racing
Mercedes 300SEL (#31) GTC-65 7 +4:01.916
95.871mph
9 5:13.807
99.259mph
Dunlop  
MichaelE39

Opel Commodore (#601) GTC-TC-76 6 +6.594
105.046mph
8 +4:32.088
94.892mph
9 5:00.477
103.663mph
Avon  
Paddler

Opel Commodore (#601) GTC-TC-76 1 4:49.925
107.436mph
9 +8L 1 5:06.021
101.785mph
suspension
Avon  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Mercedes 300SEL (#38) GTC-65 8 +10.943
103.528mph
+9L 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Mercedes 300SEL (#38) GTC-65 9 +10.999
103.509mph
0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW 2800 CS (#11) GTC-TC-76 11 +18.428
101.015mph
0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (#8) GTC-65 12 +31.760
96.828mph
0 ---
---
suspension
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
{unknown}
4:50.605
107.184mph
Erling G-P
Qualifying
Ford Mustang Gr2February 06, 2023, 08:42:11 PM +0000
L23ETCC
GT Legends
{unknown}
4:53.183
106.242mph
Erling G-P
Race
Ford Mustang Gr2February 06, 2023, 08:42:11 PM +0000
L23ETCC
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
4:49.925
107.436mph
Paddler
Qualifying
Opel CommodoreFebruary 06, 2023, 08:42:11 PM +0000
L23ETCC
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
4:50.467
107.235mph
Daz9
Race
Opel CommodoreFebruary 06, 2023, 08:42:11 PM +0000
L23ETCC
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 23 1971 ETCC Div.3 - Brno - Feb 6  (Read 668 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2022, 03:12:56 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

Pm WT for series download

Track: Brno

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins) No car make change allowed once Qualifying has started.
Race: 20:40 (9 laps)

Car restrictions: Check your car availability here

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 03:21:21 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 08:53:03 PM +0000 »

That was a short one. Really annoying. I had done quite a lot of practice, and managed two corners.
Someone was slow to start so I was behind Fulvio waiting for him to find a way through, wasn't happening
so I went right as there didn't seem to be anyone there, pulled in front of Fulvio but not quite the Commodore
couldnt keep in front into the town and had no where to go except a lamp post, car wrecked
Apologies to those behind who got caught up in it.  Sad
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 08:55:14 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
MichaelE39

www.altbierbude.de #ETCC Team Örliebraker#

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 09:59:18 PM +0000 »

Hi,

A question about the "Bonus Drives"
Do I have to drive all available vehicles once before I can use a bonus drive?

Greetings Michael

Greetings, Michael
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 10:06:31 PM +0000 »

Hi,

A question about the "Bonus Drives"
Do I have to drive all available vehicles once before I can use a bonus drive?

Greetings Michael
No. You may use a bonus drive as soon as a car is shown as N/A but, only use the bonus drive for the car shown as N/A

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 10:08:47 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 10:32:22 PM +0000 »

That was hilarious and daft all at the same time.

The Opel is a piece of total garbage by the way, was throwing fits and wobblies like my 2 teenage kids if I dared to ask it for more than 8/10ths it seemed. Horrible car to drive, and gearing was critical for laptime I think.

Messed up my first run at quali, just managed a single flying lap so was relieved to be on row 2. Tight up behind the rear of Manfred though, so had to be quick on the reactions as I did pull away a bit better. As we went through the gears, Erling got away with the V8 grunt, myself and Manfred duking it out into the town. Was very close to disaster, I flicked a hay bale on my way past a wall...Sped up behind Erling, who then pulled away once the Stang had sorted itself out. This was how we went around lap 1, Manfred getting past me later in the lap, but Erling staying ahead. Through the uphill twisty stuff, I had the luckiest escape ever when Manfred died after hitting a bale/post combo I guess, how I wasn't also a victim I have no idea....

This left myself and Erling, and obviously the cars had different strengths. I was hunting all the gaps in the twisty stuff, he was praying for the straights to come quicker. Unfortunately, Erling went just a touch wide, I stuck my nose in just to say hello, he decided it was me he was looking for, and the kissing of the cars ended him with him upside down. I had no idea how much of a racing incident it was, but felt it only right to wait. Our loss as Micha, Geoffers and Fulvio came past, and whilst Erling could use the speed on the straight to make his way past, my task was not so easy. Took about a lap and a half to make my way past Fulvio, and then Geoffers was a victim later the same lap. Bit of a rough pass that maybe Geoff, if it was too much then apologies of course, I just felt a bump at the rear of the car so I guess there was contact. Not easy to overtake here!

Closed in on Erling, desperately hoping he could do the same on Micha. And we nearly did at times, but never quite got there. My problem was the road was not much more than Mustang sized, making getting past impossible really. I did try, some small contacts here and there in a vain hope as the laps ticked by. I think Erling was struggling to go any faster with the pesky Opel in the mirrors, and all this was allowing Micha to keep himself just that few seconds down the road and out of our clutches. Then eventually I was close enough in the twisty uphill bit, and made a move around the outside stick. Hurrah! But then 2 corners later I decided the tarmac was too easy and tried to get drive off the grass, ending up facing the wrong way and allowing Erling to chuckle heartily as he went past me and pulled way away.

Did the fastest lap of the race in chase, mainly as there was no lardy Mustang in the way, but to no avail. It was fun all the way though, I laughed out loud many times at the ridiculousness of it in all honesty.

Grats to Micha, took your chance fantastically well. And grats to Erling for getting that thing to behave around here. Quite how you got through the town alive every time I do not know....
MichaW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 08:19:32 AM +0000 »

Good morning,

can only agree, that was a very lucky victory. I just can't drive fast with the Opel, I just don't have any confidence in the car. Always waiting for the rear to come around, whether braking or shifting. And without confidence in the car, you better leave yourself some breathing room to survive in Brno. That's what I did, only minimal small mistakes, but purely from the speed P4 would have been the maximum. I benefited from the bad luck of the others, but that's racing sometimes. I also think that without the huge crash right after the start in the first village, it would have been a different race. The Mercedes would have driven forward on the two long straights and then it would have been really funny in the narrow part... Grin

Cu next race

Glück auf!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 09:18:57 AM +0000 »

Grats to finishers and the podium.
I was also looking forward to an interesting race. Practice and quali had highlighted the difference between the quick Opels and the monster Mercedes with all its power available.

My biggest battle was getting that Merc to slow down and actually turn in to the corners, once that was achieved pouring on the power was also likely to provoke snap oversteer..........so the race was shaping up to be "eventful".

The power of the Merc fired it off the grid and I was also obliged to pull out and pass a few cars heading down to the town. Self preservation dictated that I should back off through the town, but as it opened out onto the straight I was able to use the gas to chase the leading 3 or 4 cars. Geoffers was ahead and it might have been possible to power past, but we were rapidly approaching the braking point for that tight right hander... so I lifted again. Just as well that I did, as two of the Opels made contact and performed a Pas de Deux forcing Geoff to lift and opening a lovely gap for me to nail the gas up the incline and through to 3rd place !!
The next long fast section obviously suited the Merc and again Ipulled away from those behind and shortened the gap to the cars ahead...until we reached the fast downhill right hander. I was trying to balance the power and oversteer to  negotiate that bend as fast as possible and it was all working perfectly until the oversteer dropped the inside front wheel into the grass  scared scared scared
Things went very wrong very quickly after that. The car snapped right straight into the barriers before bouncing back across the track and thoroughly testing the integrity of the armco on the other side of the track. The armco proved to be tougher than the Merc, and once I got it re-started and moving it was clear that damage was terminal so eventually I was forced to retire. Apologies to Kurt who was caught behind a smoking and weaving Merc for a while.
A little disappointed not to have gone further and enjoyed the challenge, but pleased to have ( almost) tamed the setup for the Merc.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 12:42:32 PM +0000 »

That was a short one. Really annoying. I had done quite a lot of practice, and managed two corners.
Someone was slow to start so I was behind Fulvio waiting for him to find a way through, wasn't happening
so I went right as there didn't seem to be anyone there, pulled in front of Fulvio but not quite the Commodore
couldnt keep in front into the town and had no where to go except a lamp post, car wrecked
Apologies to those behind who got caught up in it.  Sad
Sorry Matt for your crash, the sign post you hit was hard like a skyscraper. At the start I had to stay behind Micha that was a bit slow, I even kissed his back  angel, but I had nowhere to go cause Clive was passing on the right and stay stick behind Micha till we came to the left hander in town. I had heard a big Merc sound on my right, but I was too concentrated to the car ahead and to manage the turn to pay attention to a car beside me. In my replay there isn't contact, but I hope my wide line didn't cause you an avoiding manouvre that caused your crash. Even myself had kissen the sidewalk, but lukily didn't hit anything.
After that managed to stay behind the leading cars till the Daz-Erling crash that I managed to pass. Erling roared by in the following s/f straight and at the downhill braking I didn't take in account the early braking of the Stang and bumped it with Daz behind as a train, sorry  angel
Then Daz passed me at the following right hander before the esses complex in the wood and he let me in the dust.
Later Geoffer had a crash and we had some battle till I spun at the end of esses an lost 15 sec., but also Geoff made the same mistake later and I managed to pass. At one lap to go he had managed to short the gap through the town esses, but he spun on the fast left hander and gave me a lot of sec. gap to end the last lap, not without risking to bin it with a wide in the haybale toward the end.

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2023, 12:45:14 PM +0000 »

No problem, Clive - ended up later in first lap with a write-off.

My apologies to seniordan as I could not avoid giving him the last, but decisive tab in the off in the confusion after the start.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2023, 02:42:23 PM +0000 »

Tried a few cars for this, with Mustang & Merc seemingly the obvious choices. Didn't try the Opel, as I have already used it, and must admit its speed in alien hands surprised me.  The Merc is a downright pig; the uselessness of its brakes would make a 50's Maserati proud, and its handling made the 'Stang feel like a ballerina Roll Eyes

Knocked over 3 secs off my pb in qual, but couldn't touch Manfred's otherworldly time.  Could out-accelerate him at the start though, to grab the lead. Daz through already in the first town, shaping up to be every bit the usual pain in the butt that he always is when chasing you.  His driving seemed very aggressive, having me worried, and sure enough on lap2, shortly after losing Manfred to a concrete haybale, we touched, which sent me into a spin, up the bank and onto my roof. When the car was righted, it of course faced the wrong way. Cost a lot of time, and while Daz courteously waited, Micha & Geoffers sailed past.  The incident completely threw my rhythm, so a mistake a few corners later, also let Fulvio & Daz through.

Quickly passed Daz again, on the straight bits, and overtook Fulvio at the start/finish.  As he mentioned, a small bump from him under braking, but no harm done, apart from taking out my one remaining brake light. That must have made Daz' life harder in our race long duel, with no indication of when I was braking.  Next caught Geoffers and went past in an unlikely place - the slowest corners. He appeared to bog down, so maybe the gear issues mentioned in post-race chat.

Daz soon showed up again as well, and our battle continued unabated. Lost count of how many times we swapped places, and it was definitely costing us time, helping Micha escape.  Around mid-race, I had a good gap to Daz going down the straights, when I suddenly realized I had yanked my steering wheel 15-20 cm right of its usual position  Shocked  Dunno how, why or when, as that has never happened before!  Desperately tried to slap it back in place, but it was not very cooperative. Made my driving erratic, having first wheels & then the whole car off track, helping Daz catch up again - and Micha get further ahead.

On lap 7 he got ahead in the 'canyon' section, only to dive into the ditch and spin, like he described.  Should I wait, so we could continue the battle?  Previous experience with Daz told me I'd rather run like hell, as he would surely stage a comeback.  At the beginning of lap 8, the gap was 7 secs. At the end of it, he had more than halved it - and that was my fastest lap until then  scared  That didn't bode well for the final lap...  In the end though, the 3-sec gap held and I was relieved to take 2nd.  With Micha only 12 secs ahead, the lost time would surely have been nice to have, but that's racing..

Grats to Micha on the win and making the most of an opportunity. Grats to Daz on 3rd & thanks for the battle!  Commiserations to all the victims of this very unforgiving track!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2023, 06:44:04 PM +0000 »

I don't think you did anything wrong Fulvio, it's just that I had never tried to take that wide a line as I had to
and the merc wouldn't steer well enough.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2023, 06:47:29 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2023, 12:54:38 PM +0000 »

Daz through already in the first town, shaping up to be every bit the usual pain in the butt that he always is when chasing you.  His driving seemed very aggressive, having me worried, and sure enough on lap2, shortly after losing Manfred to a concrete haybale, we touched, which sent me into a spin, up the bank and onto my roof. When the car was righted, it of course faced the wrong way. Cost a lot of time, and while Daz courteously waited, Micha & Geoffers sailed past.  The incident completely threw my rhythm, so a mistake a few corners later, also let Fulvio & Daz through.

Apologies Erling, it wasn't meant to look overly aggressive, more about making sure I appeared in as many of your mirrors as possible as many times as possible, all with a view to hopefully some kind of error allowing me through. Even on lap 2 I had realised there was going to be no way of easily getting past your car, the bits I was quicker on were just too narrow to go through, and the straights you were leaving me for dead. What didn't help were the huge problems I was having controlling the car on the brakes. Nevertheless, me putting my nose in where I did was too early in the race, 100% my bad and I should know better.

Quickly passed Daz again, on the straight bits, and overtook Fulvio at the start/finish.  As he mentioned, a small bump from him under braking, but no harm done, apart from taking out my one remaining brake light. That must have made Daz' life harder in our race long duel, with no indication of when I was braking. 

Oh my goodness yes. Following close into the braking zones was massively difficult from that point on, I even had to throw the car into a spin to try to avoid you once where I got caught out by it. Checked the replay, and the rear of my car did collect you, again apologies. Hard braking was just not the forte of the Opel in my hands.

On lap 7 he got ahead in the 'canyon' section, only to dive into the ditch and spin, like he described.  Should I wait, so we could continue the battle?  Previous experience with Daz told me I'd rather run like hell, as he would surely stage a comeback.  At the beginning of lap 8, the gap was 7 secs. At the end of it, he had more than halved it - and that was my fastest lap until then  scared  That didn't bode well for the final lap...  In the end though, the 3-sec gap held and I was relieved to take 2nd.  With Micha only 12 secs ahead, the lost time would surely have been nice to have, but that's racing..

It was totally my error and you deserved the place based on that. I was delighted to have such a long running battle, but unless the pass could possibly be made clean I wouldn't have kept the place. The fact is, I made 3 good passes from memory, 2 in the town section that you then blasted back past on the straight bits, and that one that should have allowed me to push away in that twisty section. Fact is I immediately pushed too hard, because I had to in order to gain a gap, but overcooked it in a car that wasn't playing nice. Again, my bad, you took the deserved 2nd place.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2023, 02:29:04 PM +0000 »

No worries Daz - I know how hopeless / frustrating it can be to be stuck behind a slower cornering, worse braking car, which is faster than you on every power-on sections.  Without an error from the driver, it's nigh-on impossible to get past, as he will almost always have enough of a gap at every corner, so outbraking is not an option.  Every opportunity needs to be explored then  Smiley

Race as it went was definitely one of the more interesting / entertaining ones, and you were sporting enough to not try and block me from passing on the straights - I have experienced others doing that on a few occasions. 
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com