by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 10:45:06 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL Anderstorp: July 26, 2007
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Fun Race - Anderstorp (GP) - Jul 26  (Read 10670 times)
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2007, 10:00:43 AM +0100 »

all running on the G25 drivers on XP.

Do the G25 drivers offer any improvements over the Team Wingman drivers?

Legends Racing simracing team
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2007, 10:06:02 AM +0100 »

Do the G25 drivers offer any improvements over the Team Wingman drivers?

There are a couple more mapping options in the Profiler which I use but nothing major.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
R. Midderhoff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2007, 10:28:37 AM +0100 »

A good lesson in why we don't discuss incidents on the forums or in chat after the race. Roll Eyes

I Agree to 100%. The problem are the emotions after ther race, i can remeber at a wet F1 race in Spa, were Coulthard crashed in the Back of Schumi. Back in the Box, the first thing what schumi did was angrily marching towards the McLaren Box and wanted  hammer Couthard.

Racing is done with full motivation and power, you alway give anything, and then it gets stopped by a opponent and you see that all efforts for this race were useless. I we are Humans and no machines, and that's what makes fun when racing.

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2007, 10:35:41 AM +0100 »

were Coulthard crashed in the Back of Schumi.

As I remember things it was the other way round, wasn't it?
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2007, 10:58:24 AM +0100 »

were Coulthard crashed in the Back of Schumi.
As I remember things it was the other way round, wasn't it?

Indeed.

Also this old footage of a certain Mr Piquet not too happy with Mr Salazar.

Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2007, 10:59:55 AM +0100 »

running on the G25 drivers on XP.

Aha, I was going to ask how it worked, since the DFP is a PS2 wheel.  Well, DarkPlanets has it for £62, maybe I shall go for it!  But then I'll have no excuses for spinning out...... Sad

Thanks for the suggestions, Dave and Simon.  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2007, 01:13:23 PM +0100 »

another fan of the DFP here too. Yeah you can get it for about £60 from most places these days. Got mine for same at E-buyer a while back.

As for DC and schuey, yep it was Schuey rear-ending DC and then accused him of brake testing in a dangerous place and apparently wanted to deck him in the pit-lane.
As for me, yep i'm still embarassed how my perception of what happened in the race was so different to what i witnessed on the replay. I could have swore blind i had contact from the rear in the split seconds it actually happened, i had no sensation of losing any shape under braking at all.. but then in hindsight, even later in race when i was playing catch up, the back end got a bit un-ruly at that same corner a few times. My mirrors were full of a blue pantera at the time and i wrongly concluded it was that beast that had clumped me. Sad
 So DG and Simon are spot on when they wisely request we keep our fired up emotions in check straight after a race. angel 
I have had myself publicly flogged in the virtual town square  Wink

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2007, 01:36:09 PM +0100 »

My DFP has been pretty good, but the build quality of the pedals isn't great. Mine rock from side to side a bit, which can cause spikes. If I lift off the throttle suddenly I get a blip on the brakes, it catches me out from time to time.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2007, 02:12:29 PM +0100 »

yep true about the pedals being flimsy, i got through a set in about 6 months and then bought some shiny Speed 7's  Cool...didn't make me any quicker though for all that investment  Embarrassed

Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2007, 02:23:40 PM +0100 »

The DFP pedals are indeed flimsy, but the wheel is great!  I broke my pedals within a month and I've been using my old Wingman FF pedals ever since (old doesn't cover it tbh, they're not even USB Shocked but at least they work!) There are lots of people here who've had no issues with them though.  I'm seriously considering a G25 for S6, but I use the stick shift of the DFP for changing gear and I've heard the G25 in that mode is a little flimsy.  Any thoughts there?

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2007, 02:39:34 PM +0100 »

The thing about these old cars is that a lot of them have very old-fashioned suspension setups (live axles and similar) which feel modern right up until the point where they start to let go, at which time they spit you off the track in a completely unexpected direction.

I wish GTL supported MoTeC logging because I think it would reveal a number of interesting things about properly setting up the historics.

madmac

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2007, 02:47:33 PM +0100 »

Hi all
Sorry I didn't make it. Started new chemo regime, one long session Tuesdays. Left me feeling very ill this week and only just recovering. Should be more used to it next week and able to join you if there is a race.

Peter
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2007, 04:49:00 PM +0100 »

DFP ordered!!  I suppose if the inevitable pedal failure occurs I can use my MS Sidewinder ones which I dismantled and cleaned and greased a month ago.

I think MoTeC logging would be one step too far for me - I'm pretty clueless when it comes to setting up the cars, if it understeers, a bit more front spring and roll bar, that's it for me really apart from playing with the diff!!

So is anything taking place next week?  I'll hopefully have a shiny new wheel to try out  Grin

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2007, 06:27:52 PM +0100 »

As one who usually starts from the rear of the grid it was a nice change to see virtually the whole field heading up the straight.  Cheesy

With a rolling start, particularly on a short track, I tend to see only a few cars after the first turn.  The leaders are best part of half a lap ahead of me before I'm up to racing speed.  When I'm lapped the leading cars are spaced so that when I lift or move off line it's like letting a train through.  This slowing is then cumulative as the next gaggle of cars are closing fast and it's extremely difficult to get back on line and up to speed.  With a stranding start the leaders fighting each other slows them down and gives them less of a start, so it takes longer before I get lapped; also errors tend to allow me to pass faster drivers and give me a race if only for half a lap.

I prefer standing starts.  Grin

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2007, 08:38:33 PM +0100 »

I'm seriously considering a G25 for S6, but I use the stick shift of the DFP for changing gear and I've heard the G25 in that mode is a little flimsy.  Any thoughts there?

I use stick shift (sequantial) and it's great. There is no clicking sound when you change gears, like with the DFP, but I like that, as it sounded to plastic for me. In H-gated the gearstick isn't really good and it wears the stick out quickly I think, so I went back to sequantial.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com